SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 28 May 2019, 12:52
Confirmed User

Sig just announced a 15 round magazine for the P365. LINK
Old 28 May 2019, 13:12
BTDT

They have the P365 XL coming out. Slightly longer slide and grip. Standard mag is 12rds with and 15rd extended. The 12 is different that than that of the standard P365. Since the P365XL will have the longer grip, it holds 12 without the extension. The 12rd and 15 rd extended will work in the standard P365.
Old 30 May 2019, 11:24
Just fading away....

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
You don't sound so *WoreOut* after all.

Total thanks Sir!
I reckon so......
Old 5 June 2019, 23:41
Boot For Life

Picked up a new P365 yesterday (made in April 2019). Cleaned off the packing grease, lubed with CLP, and took it out with 200 rounds of 115 grain Winchester while box FMJ. I averaged one failure to return to battery by about a quarter of an inch every other magazine (give or take 10 times). I also had the slide lock back one time with a round still in the magazine. It wouldn't sling shot closed and I had to pull back and press down on the slide release to send it forward. And there was a failure to fire light primer strike where the round fired when reloaded into a magazine.
I like the feel of the gun, plenty accurate for what it's designed for, conceals great, but I am definitely not pleased with this first outing. I'll probably call Sig tomorrow and have them send me a shipping label.
Old 7 June 2019, 12:12
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadnklipsch View Post
Picked up a new P365 yesterday (made in April 2019). Cleaned off the packing grease, lubed with CLP, and took it out with 200 rounds of 115 grain Winchester while box FMJ. I averaged one failure to return to battery by about a quarter of an inch every other magazine (give or take 10 times). I also had the slide lock back one time with a round still in the magazine. It wouldn't sling shot closed and I had to pull back and press down on the slide release to send it forward. And there was a failure to fire light primer strike where the round fired when reloaded into a magazine.
I like the feel of the gun, plenty accurate for what it's designed for, conceals great, but I am definitely not pleased with this first outing. I'll probably call Sig tomorrow and have them send me a shipping label.
thanks for the review. it changed my mind about them.
Old 8 June 2019, 21:36
Confirmed User

I am so close to buying one. Due to the heat here in SC, a smaller pistol is nice to carry. The 238 is what I normally carry, but I have heard so much good, vice bad on this 365... Sig has great CS, but I do believe we are their R&D sometimes as of late.. cough, COhen era..
Old 9 June 2019, 09:52
Freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
I am so close to buying one. Due to the heat here in SC, a smaller pistol is nice to carry. The 238 is what I normally carry, but I have heard so much good, vice bad on this 365... Sig has great CS, but I do believe we are their R&D sometimes as of late.. cough, COhen era..
I'm writing a review and have mentioned Sig's spotty QC. That goes for their entire product line.
Old 9 June 2019, 10:11
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
I'm writing a review and have mentioned Sig's spotty QC. That goes for their entire product line.
On another forum, a member has one, date 4/2019, and the FCU has a chip/crack in it. But, it was coated, so no QC on it at all.
Such a shame...
Old 10 June 2019, 10:19

Buy the SIG P320-M17.
Old 10 June 2019, 11:49
Freelancer

OYK1, you need to post an intro bud.
Old 10 June 2019, 13:33
Boot For Life

Well I just cleaned the pistol and mags. Didn't notice anything glaringly wrong with it. I'm planning on picking up some heavier rounds and running another 200 or so through it this weekend. I'll update on here whether I have to send it in to Sig or if it starts working properly. I've practiced a bit of dry firing and with how I grip the pistol and the size of my hands it doesn't seem likely that I'm hitting the slide release when shooting; but I'll definitely be making an effort to pay attention on where my thumbs are placed.
Old 16 June 2019, 21:41
Boot For Life

Ran 150 rounds of American Eagle 147 grain and Fiocci 115 grain without an issue this weekend. Looks like the pistol was needing to be broken in and / or really doesn't like Winchester white box. Either way I'm stoked that it ran perfectly.
Old 17 June 2019, 09:51
Freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadnklipsch View Post
Ran 150 rounds of American Eagle 147 grain and Fiocci 115 grain without an issue this weekend. Looks like the pistol was needing to be broken in and / or really doesn't like Winchester white box. Either way I'm stoked that it ran perfectly.
Great news, I'd advise running it some more before you carry it to be safe.
Old 16 July 2019, 18:14
I reckon so. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila175 View Post
They have the P365 XL coming out. Slightly longer slide and grip. Standard mag is 12rds with and 15rd extended. The 12 is different that than that of the standard P365. Since the P365XL will have the longer grip, it holds 12 without the extension. The 12rd and 15 rd extended will work in the standard P365.
Rrrrroger. . . https://www.sigsauer.com/products/firearms/pistols/p365/
Old 31 July 2019, 12:20
Freelancer

My 1k review on the 365.

https://www.gunpowdermagazine.com/si...-round-review/
Old 31 July 2019, 14:03
Moving Target

I remember last year when I wanted a Sig P227 I asked on here for opinions about it and several people said that Sig QC was not up to par so to speak so I didn't get it. I read online on a few sites and found similar remarks about Sig's Quality Control not being up to par and some people had to send their guns back to Sig. I would like to know if Sig has corrected the issues.
Old 31 July 2019, 14:14
Freelancer

FC, the test gun was built on a Monday. A fella bought one the same day made on Wednesday first mag through his gun the front sight came off. So it is hit or miss hence why I recommend putting a good round count through any new Sig before trusting your life to it.
Old 31 July 2019, 14:23
Moving Target

Right. I read that Sig outsourced manufacturing. I would say thats the problem.
Old 31 July 2019, 17:18
Confirmed User

Sig QC hass definitely gone down. They are selling and producing way more than they can handle. Too many products.. Too many large contracts too.
I think the R&D is also being done by the customer.
The 365 striker pin drag and a few other minor issues are supposedly resolved.
Old 31 July 2019, 20:21
Freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Sig QC hass definitely gone down. They are selling and producing way more than they can handle. Too many products.. Too many large contracts too.
I think the R&D is also being done by the customer.
The 365 striker pin drag and a few other minor issues are supposedly resolved.
Same when Cohen ran Kimber, notice how their product line has slimmed down and SIG's has grown?

Thank you both for reading.

Our new posting rules