SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 15 August 2019, 08:45
Calix Meus Inebrians

Jury summons. I'm sure I'll get a real winner if I have to be on for a trial.
Old 15 August 2019, 08:53
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
Teachers are the biggest bunch of pansy ass whiners....
Counterpoint: I watched Armitage12 kill a wild hog with a spear.
Old 15 August 2019, 09:22
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
...and blindfolded. A12 is a baaaaaad man.
Old 15 August 2019, 10:50
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
Jury summons. I'm sure I'll get a real winner if I have to be on for a trial.
I'm in the local pool this year and was called up for a trial on July 25. Called the night before; trial cancelled.

Damn the luck.
Old 15 August 2019, 11:24
Aww F**K it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
Teachers are the biggest bunch of pansy ass whiners....
Administrators are worse. Nothing but teachers with an even larger sense of entitlement. I do not attend their staff meetings, they are an hour of bullshit that could be handled by email.

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4
Old 15 August 2019, 16:14
Never to old to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsUp View Post
Administrators are worse. Nothing but teachers with an even larger sense of entitlement. I do not attend their staff meetings, they are an hour of bullshit that could be handled by email.
No body would read the e-mails
Old 15 August 2019, 18:04
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Amen, except that with few exceptions they were never very good at teaching in the first place, which is why they became administrators. Their sense of entitlement grows from having authority over those who really can teach and having the power to pass judgment upon their non-compliance with nonsensical policies.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 16 August 2019, 09:30
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Administrators are worse. Nothing but teachers with an even larger sense of entitlement...
Teachers unions are "the biggest bunch of pansy ass whiners." Thanks again for all that common core bullshit.
Old 18 August 2019, 16:48
Confirmed User

Serpentine belt coming apart on the Interstate.
Bonus points, watching the tower CO go all nervous Nellie because we’re next to Big Muddy Correctional.
Ended up calling the front desk so the wife would calm down and the CO.
Old 18 August 2019, 17:03
been ***** **** that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamin View Post
Serpentine belt coming apart on the Interstate.
Bonus points, watching the tower CO go all nervous Nellie because we’re next to Big Muddy Correctional.
Ended up calling the front desk so the wife would calm down and the CO.
Everytime I buy a used vehicle, that's the first thing I replace. They ain't much fun to replace on a hot engine.....
Old 22 August 2019, 00:36
Confirmed User

I am just returning from the Emergency Vet and my pup didn't make it. According to the vet the cancer had spread to her heart, and she had severe fluid build up around the pericardial cavity. There was nothing we could do.

I am upset but after getting surgery and chemo she was able to have an extra six months which for about 90% of the time she was healthy and had fun. The hardest part was being with her and then had to leave without her.

What sucks and what I hate is the girlfriend just bought a house out in Durham County with a lot of land where she would have been able to explore and run. The move in date is about two weeks from now.

What was kind of cool is that for some reason I was sick all day starting about 0400hrs and could not go run errands, appts etc.. With that being said we kind of hung out all day, and just BS'd around together. If I had to have one last day this was a pretty decent one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V__1143.jpg (28.1 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by osubuckeye762; 22 August 2019 at 00:44.
Old 22 August 2019, 00:39
Psalm 91:2

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubuckeye762 View Post
I am just returning from the Emergency Vet and my pup didn't make it. According to the vet the cancer had spread to her heart, and she had severe fluid build up around the pericardial cavity. There was nothing we could do.

I am upset but after getting surgery and chemo she was able to have an extra six months which for about 90% of the time she was healthy and had fun. The hardest part was being with her and then had to leave without her.

What sucks and that I hate is the girlfriend just bought a house out in Durham County with a lot of land where she would have been able to explore and run. The move in date is about two weeks from now.
I am so sorry. You’ll be in my prayers. Dogs are like kids. They take over your heart.

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Old 22 August 2019, 00:44
Six Minutes!

Wildfires

Wildfires Suck.

One wildfire is threatening my life savings, another has the only road between me and my property closed due to another wildfire.

I've got a truck loaded with chainsaws, a gas weedeater, a water pump, and 500' of hose waiting for the road to open. At my property, I've got a bulldozer waiting for me to push a firebreak. But I'm 250 miles away waiting for the road to open. I have a Cessna 172 ready to come get me, but the visability is too low due to smoke.

Wildfires suck.

Seven … six … eleven … five … nine-an’-twenty mile today
Four … eleven … seventeen … thirty-two the day before —

"Just remember son, 80% of the people in this world are fucking idiots"- My Dad
Old 22 August 2019, 01:08
Confirmed User

Quote:
Yeah, that really sucks. We just had to put our Irish Setter down a couple of weeks ago for similar reason.

This is the first time in 20 years we don't have a dog in the house. Its really weird. House just doesn't seem right. Going to have to rectify that.....
Old 22 August 2019, 01:54
Confirmed User

Akheloce

I have not heard or seen anything on the news about the wildfires. I had to use google to find any information.

Good Luck and stay safe
Old 22 August 2019, 05:58
Confirmed User

Quote:

What sucks and what I hate is the girlfriend just bought a house out in Durham County with a lot of land where she would have been able to explore and run. The move in date is about two weeks from now.

What was kind of cool is that for some reason I was sick all day starting about 0400hrs and could not go run errands, appts etc.. With that being said we kind of hung out all day, and just BS'd around together. If I had to have one last day this was a pretty decent one.
Pets are family. And giving yours that much attention the last day is great.. Every little memory helps.
Old 22 August 2019, 06:01
been ***** **** that

Those of you losing furry family members and suffering through wildfires right now , hang tough. I can't imagine the anxiety some of you are going through!
Old 22 August 2019, 09:43
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
...Your Post...
It's amazing to see the vacuum that a four-legged family member can leave when they pass away. I am sincerely sorry for your loss.
Old 22 August 2019, 09:52
Confronting the Reckoning

Alternators.
Old 22 August 2019, 09:56
Confronting the Reckoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
I am...an oddity among my peers.

Our new posting rules