SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 6 September 2013, 13:01
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
Right here!

1979 P200 Vespa 4-speed manual.

Stock the motor runs 65-70.

Cut down legshield, cut the bars and dropped them. Machined aluminum clutch basket (custom).

It now has a Honda CR250 piston and head custom ported and matched to the stock cases. RD350 Reed block intake. 35mm Mikuni flatslide carb. Rear tire is a 130. Custom expansion chamber. Front disk brake.

Pushes about 37HP on a scooter that weighs 150lbs.

Top speed is unknown but I've had it around 95 mph. Being a 2-stroke I can trounce crotch rockets and Harleys off the line all day long - as long as I wanted to continue replacing clutches, which I dont.

Fun bike. I've had RD350s, Ducatis, etc, etc and this is the most fun, esp when in twisties. Even better when passing "big" motorcycles on the right in the twisties.

PS the front shock is a Fournales air shock that is air-dampened by a custom air tank built into the body and I can raise and lower with two hidden switches under the seat while on the fly.
I've highlighted the pertinent information.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 6 September 2013, 13:26
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F/COLT View Post
KidA,
What is the hole in the seat for? Is that for a highspeed class 4 dump while in the twisties?
It's a fast fill fuel cap. Another custom item.

Ya'll can buy your fancy chrome machines, every piece of this scooter has been fabricated or built by me to include the engine.

When you can figure out how to double the horsepower of one of your Harleys (not with bolt on, but custom engineering and fabrication and trial and error) let's talk.

I probably had to have more aluminum welded to the cases so that I could then have it bored out and flowed to accept an RD350 reed cage than made up the original cases from the factory...
Old 6 September 2013, 13:33
Administrator

KidA, nice Scooter. I found a video that says insurance will pay almost all the cost. It also mentions the hole in the seat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC3XyaCIBrw
Old 6 September 2013, 13:39
Been There Done That

Quote:

Ya'll can buy your fancy chrome machines, every piece of this scooter has been fabricated or built by me to include the engine.

When you can figure out how to double the horsepower of one of your Harleys (not with bolt on, but custom engineering and fabrication and trial and error) let's talk.

I probably had to have more aluminum welded to the cases so that I could then have it bored out and flowed to accept an RD350 reed cage than made up the original cases from the factory...
Somebody is sounding a little defensive
Old 6 September 2013, 13:48
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post

KidA, nice Scooter. I found a video that says insurance will pay almost all the cost. It also mentions the hole in the seat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC3XyaCIBrw
Priceless; LMMFAO...

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 6 September 2013, 13:50
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Priceless; LMMFAO...
Don't encourage him!

...nice video...find it while shopping for one?
Old 6 September 2013, 15:34
Authorized Personnel

2010 HD 883 Iron with a little bit of customization
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0006resized.jpg (121.4 KB, 576 views)
Old 6 September 2013, 15:43
Poser

Quote:

What he does not tell you is that when he rides his Vespa, when it comes to a stop he is standing on his tippy toes, so not to fall over.
This is why mama won't let him have a big boy bike, afraid it's to tall for him and he would fall over and ding and scratch all the chrome.
It's okay KidA, you will grow out of your Sears tough-skin jeans one day, and put some big boy pants on.
Old 6 September 2013, 16:20
Appalachian RidgeRunner

1970 Triumph Daytona
Old 6 September 2013, 16:26
I aim to misbehave

...and...THIS is what passes for a bike in my life right now. Yay for saving money. Will be worth it down the line, though...

Edit: and of course, nothing says classy like a tuxedo and a motorcycle...in front of Wal-Mart...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 325727_10150551482721354_1557150095_o.jpg (71.5 KB, 560 views)
File Type: jpg 416530_10150955476636354_1960588426_o.jpg (56.8 KB, 552 views)

While true:
Continue

Last edited by BOFH; 6 September 2013 at 16:35.
Old 6 September 2013, 19:26
Creepy ass cracka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragbag View Post
What he does not tell you is that when he rides his Vespa, when it comes to a stop he is standing on his tippy toes, so not to fall over.
This is why mama won't let him have a big boy bike, afraid it's to tall for him and he would fall over and ding and scratch all the chrome.
It's okay KidA, you will grow out of your Sears tough-skin jeans one day, and put some big boy pants on.
Yeah okay, coming from someone riding one of those OCC monstrosities.

Nice bike, sorry about your penis.
Old 6 September 2013, 19:27
Creepy ass cracka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker19D30 View Post
2007 Ducati Monster S4R
I didn't know you were a chick.
Old 6 September 2013, 19:34
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOFH
....THIS is what passes for a bike in my life right now. Yay for saving money....
Is the bike;
  • Fun to ride?
  • Reliable?
  • Safe?
From looking at the cleanliness of the bike, the manner in which you strap your shit down, I think the answer to at least the first question must be yes and you appreciate having the bike.

As such, who gives a fuck if it isn't some bazilliondollar bike from HD or some some HD forgery? I think its cool you have a bike and ride it.

I have a bike that has sat -- literally -- in my garage for over 3 years. How stupid is that?
Old 6 September 2013, 19:44
Retired Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchanu View Post
I didn't know you were a chick.
I keep that on the D/L.
"History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices." -Bill Watterson
Old 6 September 2013, 19:46
Creepy ass cracka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
Is the bike;
  • Fun to ride?
  • Reliable?
  • Safe?
From looking at the cleanliness of the bike, the manner in which you strap your shit down, I think the answer to at least the first question must be yes and you appreciate having the bike.

As such, who gives a fuck if it isn't some bazilliondollar bike from HD or some some HD forgery? I think its cool you have a bike and ride it.

I have a bike that has sat -- literally -- in my garage for over 3 years. How stupid is that?

X1000

Ride the shit out of it, that bike will take the miles. When some douche tells you to "get a real bike" look at his odometer and laugh.
Old 6 September 2013, 19:47
Creepy ass cracka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker19D30 View Post
I keep that on the D/L.

Just yanking your chain.
Old 6 September 2013, 20:05
Retired Veteran

Quote:
X1000

Ride the shit out of it, that bike will take the miles. When some douche tells you to "get a real bike" look at his odometer and laugh.
Absolutely.

If someone tells you you're not a real rider because of the brand of your bike, then you know they're just in it for the fashion show.
"History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices." -Bill Watterson
Old 6 September 2013, 20:46
Confirmed User

#1013 2000 RC51.
Old 7 September 2013, 03:34
I aim to misbehave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
Is the bike;
  • Fun to ride?
  • Reliable?
  • Safe?

Actually, I could care less about the name. I used to be a hardcore HD loyalist, until I bought this thing...it just won't die. I bought it in 2011, and have put 50k miles on it since then without any problems whatsoever. My only issue with it is the tiny little 750cc engine. I'll likely stick with Honda from this point forward, but I do look forward to moving up to one of the 1300s...and I really wish they were still making an 1800 other than the Goldwing...

...as for not riding...well...I figured out some years back, if I'm quite honest with myself, I'm a terrible driver. I take stupid chances on 4 wheels that I would never take on 2 wheels. After careful consideration of my own limitations...I've come to the conclusion that I'm genuinely safer on a bike. (I've totalled every car or truck I've ever owned.) Also, it's a lot more fun.

While true:
Continue
Old 7 September 2013, 08:41
Poser

Quote:
Yeah okay, coming from someone riding one of those OCC monstrosities.

Nice bike, sorry about your penis.
My scooter was not built by OCC, I built it, the only thing I did not do was paint, take a closer look, also, it took about a year and a half for me to put this monster together
As for my penis, I am on meds for it right now, should be fine in a week or two once I get my cast off

Our new posting rules