SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 16 November 2017, 09:47
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post

...Nobody (except you and Alex Jones) wants to go through life (which is often difficult enough for a society where most are worked like dogs for low pay) in a state of constant rage about a wide range of issues over which they have no control. They don't want it constantly in their goddamned "Mind's Eye". They want to spend those fleeting moments with their kids or knocking back a few with friends or something.
Amen.

The constant hyperbolic ranting and raging is fucking old, stale and boring.

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 16 November 2017, 09:58
Been There Done That

Quote:
1- "Desperate Housewives" hasn't been a thing for like a decade, man.

2- Nobody (except you and Alex Jones) wants to go through life (which is often difficult enough for a society where most are worked like dogs for low pay) in a state of constant rage about a wide range of issues over which they have no control. They don't want it constantly in their goddamned "Mind's Eye". They want to spend those fleeting moments with their kids or knocking back a few with friends or something.
2 . Keep the populace happy with "bread and circuses" and most will not even realize the incremental or drastic changes going on cultural wise until it is too late. Just keep them enslaved to the privileged elite.

Complacency kills. Good thing we had a group of men over 200 years ago who got enranged and did not just rant about it, or just go with the flow, but took action. But most Americans these days have the "meh" attitude as have their fast food and cable TV shows to keep them happy.
Old 16 November 2017, 10:06
Hard to Kill

Quote:
1- "Desperate Housewives" hasn't been a thing for like a decade, man.

2- Nobody (except you and Alex Jones) wants to go through life (which is often difficult enough for a society where most are worked like dogs for low pay) in a state of constant rage about a wide range of issues over which they have no control. They don't want it constantly in their goddamned "Mind's Eye". They want to spend those fleeting moments with their kids or knocking back a few with friends or something.
The click bate society has "everything media" exaggerating the slightest deviation from normal well past the left or right boundary. Politicians, especially liberals, do the same thing whereby an off color comment by a politician, especially one that promises to hold the inept accountable for basic socially acceptable behavior, turns into stories by an unnamed source about stacks of raped and murdered babies while wearing a white hood.

For Fuck's Sake.
Old 16 November 2017, 10:07
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSSRonin View Post
After living overseas for many years, the expat corollary that I live by is:
--I pick the pool boy
--Wife picks the maid
LOL, I had to read that twice, before I understood what you meant
Old 16 November 2017, 11:01

Going back to the original posting, it sure seems to me like the Democrat New Guard are using their "community organizing" skills to methodically neutralize the Dinosaurs.
Old 16 November 2017, 11:04
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
2 . Keep the populace happy with "bread and circuses" and most will not even realize the incremental or drastic changes going on cultural wise until it is too late. Just keep them enslaved to the privileged elite.

Complacency kills. Good thing we had a group of men over 200 years ago who got enranged and did not just rant about it, or just go with the flow, but took action. But most Americans these days have the "meh" attitude as have their fast food and cable TV shows to keep them happy.
The reason why it is called "bread and circus" is because the same shit has been going on for thousands of years. Rome didn't
fall in a day, nor will we. Its just part of a cycle.

200 years ago you had a very small group of rich folks who were like "Fuck this- this stuff belongs to us, not the stupid king on the other side of the ocean" and took over, not because there were actually any major greivances (a miniscule tax on stamps? BFD).

Most people were content to remain part of the British Empire. They didn't gnash their teeth endlessly about lifes depridations. Because they pretty much didn't have the time or energy to.

Most people, regardless of society, always have an always will just want to go about their sad little lives with as little hassle as possible. Their life is hard and meaningless enough as it is without having to add the burden of constant outrage.

I just take a sanguine view of the world as an immutable sea of despair, degeneracy, and avarice that one merely needs to artfully navigate to stay above and proceed acordingly.
Old 16 November 2017, 11:17

Quote:
200 years ago you had a very small group of rich folks who were like "Fuck this- this stuff belongs to us, not the stupid king on the other side of the ocean" and took over, not because there were actually any major greivances (a miniscule tax on stamps? BFD).
True, the patriots who fought for independence were a minority. A small group? Hardly. Rich? Absurd. The troops who fought in the Revolution did not just "take over." Apparently you do not view de facto slavery as a major grievance. "A minuscule tax on stamps?" You, sir, were robbed of a basic education.
Old 16 November 2017, 11:27
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Amen.

The constant hyperbolic ranting and raging is fucking old, stale and boring.
Strictly your opinion. I find most of his posts thought provoking and at times, hilarious.

I generally find your posts to be mostly B5R-style, left-leaning, apologistic, devils advocate against conservative anything.

But, you're still here. And so is he. It would be pretty fucking boring if we all agreed with you.

Bottom line, he gets his say just like you do. If the time comes that we permanently boot him simply because we don't agree with his political beliefs I will be making sure that we do it for both sides as an equal standard, so you would be joining him.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 16 November 2017, 11:35
Administrator

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/16/left-turns-on-bill-clinton-biden-over-behavior-toward-women.html

It gets better......now they are going after Biden and Slick Willie.

You created these little SJW monsters....Now Reap it....hahahahahaha
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 16 November 2017, 11:41
Shakin' the bush Boss

Remember in 1984 how scared they were of the kids? "Junior Spies" I believe was the social indoctrination group they were all in.

It seems to me they're going to let the old guard swing for the next generation of do-gooders who know what's best for us. I'd dearly love to watch a few of these people burn at the stake, buy my God, what's coming next?
Old 16 November 2017, 11:43
Clorox bearer for SOTB

That is some really funny shit to see right there... "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." and "Could you define the word it please?"
Let them fall where they may.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 16 November 2017, 11:50
Old Scroll

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperpusher View Post
True, the patriots who fought for independence were a minority. A small group? Hardly. Rich? Absurd. The troops who fought in the Revolution did not just "take over." Apparently you do not view de facto slavery as a major grievance. "A minuscule tax on stamps?" You, sir, were robbed of a basic education.
He's talking about the actual framers, not the soldiers who enlisted freely to do the fighting. That WAS a small group of rich white men. And talk about genius...

And the stamp act wasn't that terribly expensive, but the cost had to be paid in British hard currency, which wasn't terribly common in the Colonies, and was considered a taxation without representation, so you know the rest of the story.

You'd be surprised at the stuff that knuckle-dragger knows.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 16 November 2017, 12:06
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperpusher View Post
- George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, etc- yes, rich.

- "Defacto slavery"? Are you comparing day to day life in the colonies with the ACTUAL slavery that was going on at the time? If so you are out of your mind.

- The typical tax rate levied by the stamp tax was a penny per sheet of paper. It was a war tax to pay for the massive debt caused by defending the colonies against French agression. It was neither unprecedented or unreasonable. Of course lack of representation in Parliment was a legit grievance, but seemingly one that would fall short of providing the spark that would turn into a war. The Founding Fathers were very opportunistic, and sezed upon this, which was great that they did, but lets not try to pretend like our revolution was some kind of altruistic thing.

- You don't know a goddamned thing about me or my education level. It likely matches or even eclipses yours.
Old 16 November 2017, 12:07
Confirmed User

...AND DOWN. GOES. FRANKEN !!....(In Howard Cosell voice)

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leean...or-al-franken/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leeann-airplane-pic.jpg (154.7 KB, 205 views)
Old 16 November 2017, 12:12
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post

Strictly your opinion. I find most of his posts thought provoking and at times, hilarious.

I generally find your posts to be mostly B5R-style, left-leaning, apologistic, devils advocate against conservative anything.

But, you're still here. And so is he. It would be pretty fucking boring if we all agreed with you.

Bottom line, he gets his say just like you do. If the time comes that we permanently boot him simply because we don't agree with his political beliefs I will be making sure that we do it for both sides as an equal standard, so you would be joining him.
Fair enough.

Like you said, we all have our own opinions, whether others like them or not. It we all agreed with each other all the time, this forum would be nothing more than an echo chamber and then it'd truly be fucking boring.

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 16 November 2017, 12:13
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/16/left-turns-on-bill-clinton-biden-over-behavior-toward-women.html

It gets better......now they are going after Biden and Slick Willie.

You created these little SJW monsters....Now Reap it....hahahahahaha
When the Weinstein allegations broke last month, who would have ever thought it'd take so many people down? Now's the perfect time to clean house in Hollywood and the DNC, along with any Republicans that have a tendency to do this shit. I'm still waiting for them to desecrate some of these people's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. If they're going to vandalize 100 year old statues, at least get outraged over something that happened within their lifetime.
Old 16 November 2017, 12:15
Take care

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
When the Weinstein allegations broke last month, who would have ever thought it'd take so many people down? Now's the perfect time to clean house in Hollywood and the DNC, along with any Republicans that have a tendency to do this shit. I'm still waiting for them to desecrate some of these people's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. If they're going to vandalize 100 year old statues, at least get outraged over something that happened within their lifetime.
Plenty more to come on all of the political/fame spectrum.
Old 16 November 2017, 12:34
BTDT

From Stuart Smalley's web-site on 'Supporting Domestic & Sexual Violence Survivors'

Quote:
Domestic and sexual violence remains a serious problem in our communities. Millions of women fall victim to domestic and sexual violence each year, and an alarming percentage of women will experience violence at some point in their lifetime. In the Senate, I’ve worked hard to give a voice to survivors, and as a lawmaker, I strive to make the law more just and fair, especially for those who need its protection the most.
Quote:
When the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) was reauthorized in 2013, it sent a clear message: domestic and sexual violence will not be tolerated in America. I wrote several provisions in the law, one of which makes it unlawful to evict a woman from federally supported housing just because she is a victim of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking. I also wrote a provision to ensure that no survivor of sexual assault has to suffer the indignity of paying for her own rape kit. I will continue to fight for the rights of survivors and ensure they have access to the resources necessary to recover.
...but he may come out on top if he maintains a positive attitude because:
I deserve good things.
I am entitled to my share of happiness.
I refuse to beat myself up.
I am an attractive person.
I am fun to be with.
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it, people like me.

Lets all sing a Hymn for Stuart Smalley......

Hoo-ray for Hymn
Hoo-ray at last
Hoo-ray for hymn
...'cause he's a horses ass
HYMN - HYMN - FUCK HIM

Covfefe on you senator Franken -
Covfefe !!!
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield

Last edited by Box; 16 November 2017 at 12:44.
Old 16 November 2017, 12:38
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Just out of curiosity:

How many female SOCNET'ers would be OK with your husband getting a 1000 pm in-room private massage while he is away on a business trip?
...a massage that was supposed to last until after 1:00 AM ??

How many SOCNET men are married to woman who would be 100 % good to go with having a massage in your hotel room at 1030 at night while you are away on business?
What if you told her the massage therapist was a gal that would be staying for three hours?

A three hour massage from 1030 until well after midnight?
...hell the passengers and crew of the SS Minnow can tell you how bad an idea it is to plan on a three hour pleasure cruise - nothing good is going to come from it.

I'd bet the story would be a lot easier to talk your way out of if you just said you got knee-walking-drunk and ended up banging a waitress from the hotel restaurant.

...unless you won a prize for being noble
My wife would massage my head with a bat while I slept.
Old 16 November 2017, 12:55
Assholier than thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19MIKE View Post
...AND DOWN. GOES. FRANKEN !!....(In Howard Cosell voice)

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leean...or-al-franken/
This photo enrages me. Leeann Tweeden is the sweetest lady ever!
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when in Egypt your bosom was caressed and your young breasts fondled."

--Ezekiel 23:20-49, NIV Bible.

Our new posting rules