SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 4 August 2019, 05:37
Linda1961's Avatar
Linda1961 Linda1961 is offline
Psalm 91:2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
You go, girl!

I am super in love with fixing things myself, especially since I was a mechanic in the mil. I used to fix cars with my dad (damn I miss that!) so I really enjoy mechanical stuff.
If you ever get bored or run out of things to do, let me know...I always have plenty to do around here, LOL!!
**Looks into crystal ball**

Yes, yes I see it clearly now... you just want an Olympic caliber fly swatter.

Seriously your invite is very much appreciated and I might just decide to take you up on your invite.

Tool,Time With Linda .....

On todayís episode Linda climbs a ladder in her lanai and drills holes in the metal supports and mounts a battery operated weather proof spot light on either end of the pool to add additional light when swimming at night.

The lights are motion activated and can be set to come on with any motion or worked with the remote controls.

At the end of this episode of Tool Time With Linda she almost falls into the pool chasing 2 ornery frogs who got inside somehow in order to put them outside in the yard.

Frogs were uncooperative but alas they are now free to hippity hop on back down to the creek.

Gotta get to work on the next episode.
__________________
"Hate war but love the American warrior." Lt. General Hal Moore

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 4 August 2019, 08:39
KimberChick's Avatar
KimberChick KimberChick is offline
Back on The Farm
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1961 View Post
**Looks into crystal ball**

Yes, yes I see it clearly now... you just want an Olympic caliber fly swatter.

Seriously your invite is very much appreciated and I might just decide to take you up on your invite.

Tool,Time With Linda .....

On todayís episode Linda climbs a ladder in her lanai and drills holes in the metal supports and mounts a battery operated weather proof spot light on either end of the pool to add additional light when swimming at night.

The lights are motion activated and can be set to come on with any motion or worked with the remote controls.

At the end of this episode of Tool Time With Linda she almost falls into the pool chasing 2 ornery frogs who got inside somehow in order to put them outside in the yard.

Frogs were uncooperative but alas they are now free to hippity hop on back down to the creek.

Gotta get to work on the next episode.
Sounds like a day at my house! We might be long lost sisters, LOL!!
__________________
"I heard you've been talking shit, you tab-less bitch." - KS11

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. Mattis

"Definition of insanity: Letting the government dictate what the Amendment designed to control the government - means." - Polypro

"The rules only apply when something is going wrong." -Me

"When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man" Elton John
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 4 August 2019, 16:49
wildman43's Avatar
wildman43 wildman43 is offline
Never to old to learn
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1961 View Post
**Looks into crystal ball**

Yes, yes I see it clearly now... you just want an Olympic caliber fly swatter.

Seriously your invite is very much appreciated and I might just decide to take you up on your invite.

Tool,Time With Linda .....

On todayís episode Linda climbs a ladder in her lanai and drills holes in the metal supports and mounts a battery operated weather proof spot light on either end of the pool to add additional light when swimming at night.

The lights are motion activated and can be set to come on with any motion or worked with the remote controls.

At the end of this episode of Tool Time With Linda she almost falls into the pool chasing 2 ornery frogs who got inside somehow in order to put them outside in the yard.

Frogs were uncooperative but alas they are now free to hippity hop on back down to the creek.

Gotta get to work on the next episode.
What side of the house is the pool, as when I had the satellite fly over I didn't see where the pool was .
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 10 August 2019, 09:06
Linda1961's Avatar
Linda1961 Linda1961 is offline
Psalm 91:2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post
What side of the house is the pool, as when I had the satellite fly over I didn't see where the pool was .
I hope that fly over wasnít last night. I think itís on the south side.
__________________
"Hate war but love the American warrior." Lt. General Hal Moore

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 10 August 2019, 09:07
Linda1961's Avatar
Linda1961 Linda1961 is offline
Psalm 91:2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
Sounds like a day at my house! We might be long lost sisters, LOL!!
Well hello sis.
__________________
"Hate war but love the American warrior." Lt. General Hal Moore

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 11 August 2019, 15:03
Sado_1's Avatar
Sado_1 Sado_1 is offline
Cynical and Grumpy
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Anywhere, USA
Posts: 211
Linda,

I am sorry you are going through so much right now. I see your post was made some time ago however, I am certain at a minimum, time hasn't improved your situation substantially and if it has, you're probably still grieving regardless.

Remember one thing, when you awake each day, and you lay your head down to rest... John 20:11-17. When Mary Magdalene had gone to see Christ in his tomb, and she arrived only to find him gone, she began crying hysterically. She missed him. She grieved his absence. She wanted so desperately for him to return; to hold him again, to hear his voice again, to have him for "just one more day". Hysterical, and likely inconsolable, Christ appeared to her. She did not recognize him, and continued crying. Christ asked her, "woman, why are you weeping? Who are you looking for?" Mary Magdalene replied, "if you have taken him away, tell me where you laid him, and I will take him". Christ then told her, "Mary!", so as to grab her attention.. "stop holding onto me for I have not yet ascended to the Father".

This scripture for me is profound in several ways; first, it is natural for us as human beings, having formed bonds, emotions and shared our lives with another person, forming memories, and so on, to never want to live or exist without them. It is natural for us to "hold on to" another person, unwilling to let them go, and unwilling to want to even fathom a life without that person at our side. But the words spoken by Christ here, tell us that we should not hold onto the body, the flesh and the earthly life of another person. The destination where this person is going, is far greater, far better and one I am certain we cannot truly envision in our minds (which is the Kingdom of Heaven). It is hard to see that perspective, when we feel empty and we feel as if we have lost something so profound in our lives, a person whom, we never imagined we would have to "learn" to live without. Imagine the heartbreak and devastation Mary Magdalene felt. I am certain you can sympathize and relate to her suffering, as I imagine you can relate to this moment in her life.

The second thing we should consider when reading this passage is the words of St Paul the Apostle. Paul wrote that the human mind, so complex and so vast in its capabilities yet, utterly incapable of comprehending the magnitude and the supremacy of God. Our brains simply cannot even compute such equations. It is difficult to understand in this moment, the will of God but, you must trust in him, believe in him, and know, that for whatever reasons unknown to you in this moment, your husband fulfilled God's purpose and as such, was called home. His death in and of itself, could very well be, a part of a plan God has that you are unable to discern or recognize in this moment.

Pray over the scripture, Revelation 21:4; "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, mourning, wailing or pain, for the old order has passed away". This piece of scripture has carried me through some very difficult and terrible times. It has also carried me when I lost some one I loved to the end of the earths.

You are most certainly in my prayers. God is always with you and will never ever abandon or fail to hear your cries. Every single one of your tears are counted and numbered, and one day, you will see him again. Keep reading your scriptures. When you are feeling down or sad, give it to God and pray about it. Talk to him, and ask him for comfort and for strength.

Kind regards, Jess.
__________________
"The space between life and death, that is where we are most alive"- Floki
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 11 August 2019, 19:03
wildman43's Avatar
wildman43 wildman43 is offline
Never to old to learn
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1961 View Post
I hope that fly over wasnít last night. I think itís on the south side.
It was dark an you hadn't put you lights up yet where you can swim at night. See I remember that you posted that you were going to or had put the lights up where you could swim at night
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 12 August 2019, 09:16
Linda1961's Avatar
Linda1961 Linda1961 is offline
Psalm 91:2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sado_1 View Post
Linda,

I am sorry you are going through so much right now. I see your post was made some time ago however, I am certain at a minimum, time hasn't improved your situation substantially and if it has, you're probably still grieving regardless.

Remember one thing, when you awake each day, and you lay your head down to rest... John 20:11-17. When Mary Magdalene had gone to see Christ in his tomb, and she arrived only to find him gone, she began crying hysterically. She missed him. She grieved his absence. She wanted so desperately for him to return; to hold him again, to hear his voice again, to have him for "just one more day". Hysterical, and likely inconsolable, Christ appeared to her. She did not recognize him, and continued crying. Christ asked her, "woman, why are you weeping? Who are you looking for?" Mary Magdalene replied, "if you have taken him away, tell me where you laid him, and I will take him". Christ then told her, "Mary!", so as to grab her attention.. "stop holding onto me for I have not yet ascended to the Father".

This scripture for me is profound in several ways; first, it is natural for us as human beings, having formed bonds, emotions and shared our lives with another person, forming memories, and so on, to never want to live or exist without them. It is natural for us to "hold on to" another person, unwilling to let them go, and unwilling to want to even fathom a life without that person at our side. But the words spoken by Christ here, tell us that we should not hold onto the body, the flesh and the earthly life of another person. The destination where this person is going, is far greater, far better and one I am certain we cannot truly envision in our minds (which is the Kingdom of Heaven). It is hard to see that perspective, when we feel empty and we feel as if we have lost something so profound in our lives, a person whom, we never imagined we would have to "learn" to live without. Imagine the heartbreak and devastation Mary Magdalene felt. I am certain you can sympathize and relate to her suffering, as I imagine you can relate to this moment in her life.

The second thing we should consider when reading this passage is the words of St Paul the Apostle. Paul wrote that the human mind, so complex and so vast in its capabilities yet, utterly incapable of comprehending the magnitude and the supremacy of God. Our brains simply cannot even compute such equations. It is difficult to understand in this moment, the will of God but, you must trust in him, believe in him, and know, that for whatever reasons unknown to you in this moment, your husband fulfilled God's purpose and as such, was called home. His death in and of itself, could very well be, a part of a plan God has that you are unable to discern or recognize in this moment.

Pray over the scripture, Revelation 21:4; "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, mourning, wailing or pain, for the old order has passed away". This piece of scripture has carried me through some very difficult and terrible times. It has also carried me when I lost some one I loved to the end of the earths.

You are most certainly in my prayers. God is always with you and will never ever abandon or fail to hear your cries. Every single one of your tears are counted and numbered, and one day, you will see him again. Keep reading your scriptures. When you are feeling down or sad, give it to God and pray about it. Talk to him, and ask him for comfort and for strength.

Kind regards, Jess.
Jess this precisely why Iím not curled into a ball in the corner right now. Thank you for reminding me again.

John was the first book of the Bible I turned to when I got back from the funeral home. I used Scripture from John in my husbandís obituary and then turned to Romans especially 8:28.

I DO know where my husband and mother are yet at times I canít help missing them especially my husband and when that happens I turn to the Lord. I might allow myself a few minutes of having a pity party but then enough is enough and I give it to the Lord. He said to come to Him because His yoke is easy. And I do because He lifts me up and carries me.

Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement. They are greatly appreciated. Isnít His timing wonderful?

I had a bad day yesterday because of some family drama and needed encouragement and saw this at exactly the right time.

Again your prayers are most welcomed and appreciated. Should you ever need prayer or encouragement I am here. I am not being polite. I really mean it.
__________________
"Hate war but love the American warrior." Lt. General Hal Moore

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 12 August 2019, 09:18
Linda1961's Avatar
Linda1961 Linda1961 is offline
Psalm 91:2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post
It was dark an you hadn't put you lights up yet where you can swim at night. See I remember that you posted that you were going to or had put the lights up where you could swim at night
Whew! Am I glad about that!

__________________
"Hate war but love the American warrior." Lt. General Hal Moore

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 12 August 2019, 20:02
KimberChick's Avatar
KimberChick KimberChick is offline
Back on The Farm
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1961 View Post
Jess this precisely why Iím not curled into a ball in the corner right now. Thank you for reminding me again.

John was the first book of the Bible I turned to when I got back from the funeral home. I used Scripture from John in my husbandís obituary and then turned to Romans especially 8:28.

I DO know where my husband and mother are yet at times I canít help missing them especially my husband and when that happens I turn to the Lord. I might allow myself a few minutes of having a pity party but then enough is enough and I give it to the Lord. He said to come to Him because His yoke is easy. And I do because He lifts me up and carries me.

Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement. They are greatly appreciated. Isnít His timing wonderful?

I had a bad day yesterday because of some family drama and needed encouragement and saw this at exactly the right time.

Again your prayers are most welcomed and appreciated. Should you ever need prayer or encouragement I am here. I am not being polite. I really mean it.
I am so glad you can find comfort when you need it. I think I am looong overdue for a read through of the Good Book.

Don't let that family drama get to you. My stepmother was famous for dragging you down to her level and beating you stupid with the drama. I finally put an end to it after my second husband and I started dating. Very glad to have been rid of her drama, but sad that I missed out on the last few years with my dad. But I am also glad that I did miss out on his last few years because he was miserable. Nothing I could have done would have changed that, he refused to take care of himself health wise.

On a good note, I bought myself a pony at the beginning of the month and he is absolutely the cutest thing ever! I named him Chips because he has an almost perfect chocolate chip cookie on his side. He reminds me of a chocolate fudge sunday with his colors, so adorable.

Anyway, I hope that you have a great week!!
__________________
"I heard you've been talking shit, you tab-less bitch." - KS11

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. Mattis

"Definition of insanity: Letting the government dictate what the Amendment designed to control the government - means." - Polypro

"The rules only apply when something is going wrong." -Me

"When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man" Elton John
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 14 August 2019, 02:32
Linda1961's Avatar
Linda1961 Linda1961 is offline
Psalm 91:2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,092
I need more prayers please.

Last night my nephew wrote a suicide letter and took off out of town. I spent hours along with his brother & 2 sisters driving around looking for him.

I got the police involved.

Finally st 2 am my nephew texted me he was on his way home from Savannah.

This set off a migraine so I took meds and crashed until 1om today.

My nephew was whining in his texts hinting for me to help him financially to get his bills current.

I am NOT going to do that because that is a temporary bandaid.

Then again started the ďI canít go onĒ stuff. I called the police again. Spent hours texting him trying to get him to go to the ER and voluntarily check in for the 72 hour psych evaluation.

Then he texted he was at work.

I literally saw red. He had me highly upset and panicking. Then when I checked with his employer he never showed up for work.

I canít deal with this right now with all the other stuff going on.

Got together with his brother and 2 sisters and we decided if he really wants to kill himself thereís nothing we can do to stop him.

Anyway Iím exhausted, highly upset and have a migraine so prayers are REALLY, REALLY welcome right now.

Iím going to bed & cutting my phone off. I pray that tomorrow I donít get news that heís dead.

Itís just getting to be overwhelming.
__________________
"Hate war but love the American warrior." Lt. General Hal Moore

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 14 August 2019, 03:23
Look. Don'tTouch. Look. Don'tTouch. is offline
killjoy
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: West
Posts: 1,976
Linda, I pray for you, as well as your family. I hope your nephew gets the emotional and mental help he needs. I hope your stress decreases.
__________________
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 14 August 2019, 14:30
wildman43's Avatar
wildman43 wildman43 is offline
Never to old to learn
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,684
Linda P.M. sent
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 15 August 2019, 03:28
Linda1961's Avatar
Linda1961 Linda1961 is offline
Psalm 91:2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Look. Don'tTouch. View Post
Linda, I pray for you, as well as your family. I hope your nephew gets the emotional and mental help he needs. I hope your stress decreases.
Well I have his suicide note in my possession and if he doesnít get it together Iím going to take the necessary steps to have them pick him up on an involuntary 72 hold.

This is getting ridiculous! Heís pulled this crap twice before but that was about 10 years ago and it drama for attention.

I know since his partner dropped dead in their kitchen in front of him because of an aneurysm at age 31 four or five months ago heíd been grieving but I thought he was getting through it.

Heís spent many afternoons over here swimming and us talking and having dinner on the deck. He seemed to be doing ok in that regard.

What set him off was his finances. Heís Behind in all his bills. He does not prioritize his money. Itís like ďHmmm I can pay the rent or go to Savannah & party. Heíll go to Savannah then moan and complain about being behind on things. Iíve told him numerous times heís got to get his priorities in order regarding his finances and heís not getting any money from me.

I sat down with him & went over his budget and didnít take me 15 mins to cut the fluff (stuff he can do without) to the point he could get his bills caught up but heís gotta have some self discipline. If he had his priorities in order and stuff I might help him get caught but unless he changes there will be a repeat ďOh woe is me. I donít Think I can go on.Ē

I havenít heard from him since yesterday afternoon when I posted asking for more prayer. Heís not been, posting on Facebook or answering texts from anyone.

All I can do is let him know I love him and pray for him. Besides that Iím too emotionally fragile to be running around all over the place looking for him and Iíve already had to go get shots for a migraine.

To be honest Iím pissed at him putting me & the rest of the family through this crap right now.

If they find him and if I have to Iíll get my attorney to go to court to get him picked up for the 72 hour involuntary hold.

Iím not playing ďthe running around at 2am game version of ďwhere in the world is Flip & is he aliveĒ? My nickname for him is Flip.

Iím praying and am going to keep reaching out to him to let him know that I love him and so do his brother and sisters.

Thatís about all I can give right now. Iím beyond mentally, emotionally & physically exhausted.

I just pray he makes the right decision. Then Iím gonna kill him myself or maybe use my stun gun on his balls over and over making him repeat Iím not suicidal. I wonít play games with my family and their emotions. Positive shock treatment.
__________________
"Hate war but love the American warrior." Lt. General Hal Moore

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 15 August 2019, 16:30
wildman43's Avatar
wildman43 wildman43 is offline
Never to old to learn
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1961 View Post
Well

I just pray he makes the right decision. Then Iím gonna kill him myself or maybe use my stun gun on his balls over and over making him repeat Iím not suicidal. I wonít play games with my family and their emotions. Positive shock treatment.:
Dang you play rough
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 17 August 2019, 02:38
Linda1961's Avatar
Linda1961 Linda1961 is offline
Psalm 91:2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post
Dang you play rough
After I got a lot of sleep I went from being panicked and upset to being super pissed off and mad.

He texted me yesterday at 10am to tell me he was fine.

I chewed him out for pulling this stunt and putting me through this crap right now. Told him he should apologize to me, his brother and two sisters for what he put us through.

Then I told him I loved him and just wanted him to be happy and to seek out professional help to get himself together.

I donít like where I went to during all this. He was there for me the day my husband died. He went with me to the funeral home. Heís been here helping me get my husbandís stuff packed up.

Weíve chilled in the pool. Eaten dinner. Sat out on the deck talking for hours and drinking wine. Not a hint he would do this. I do know he is behind in all his bills but I told him he needed to have a budget and stick to it. I even did one for him. He knew I was not going to give him money.

Now I wonder if he was there for me because he loves me or to see what money he could get. I hate thinking that way.

My husband and I have always been close to him and supported him when the rest of the family were super critical and often mean to him because he is gay.

I told him long ago that he needed to keep his sex life private cuz that wasnít any of my business and I would never judge him because Iím a sinner and not in any position to judge anyone else. I would never be mean to him or any of his boyfriends and thatís how itís been for years with the exception of one who was mean to him so I made things hard for him when they broke up and he was abusive towards my nephew.

My husband and I have helped him over the years. We helped him buy a car. We paid the down payment, had our mechanic check the car out and fix any problems but he had to get financing and make the payments. We told him we expected to be paid back though we really didnít. We just wanted him to make an effort to pay us back to show he was responsible. He did so after awhile we told him not to worry about it.

Maybe we helped him too much. I suspect this latest stunt was to make me feel sorry for him so I would give him money. Heís hinted about not being able to pay his rent so he was going to be homeless. That he couldnít pay bills in the few texts heís sent.

I ignored that portion because he needs to prioritize his spending and any money I gave him would just be a bandaid until the next time he got behind on bills.

I just donít like where I went in my head with this whole thing.

And I wish the Lord would give me a break in between these things happening.

I think I need to be selfish and think of myself first and let everyone else sort out their own crap.

Iíve done that these last few days. Iíve Had the phones off. Been thinking, praying and chilling.
__________________
"Hate war but love the American warrior." Lt. General Hal Moore

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 17 August 2019, 15:09
wildman43's Avatar
wildman43 wildman43 is offline
Never to old to learn
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,684
HE needs the court to put someone in charge of his finance, to pay his bill's an only give him so much money a week.
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 17 August 2019, 15:17
tova's Avatar
tova tova is offline
Character, libertas quod veneratio.
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ebb & flow....
Posts: 525
Linda, if you have a good trusted friend who can see through the BS easily, you need to get a throw away phone, give your current phone to your trusted friend and disappear for awhile.....let them screen everything for you and only let them contact you.....or else you very well might be the one to be admitted to the hospital from pure exhaustion etc. Praying for you - let God stand as that impenetrable barrier between you and them until you can take care of you.
__________________

Here's a detail you missed. You are a fucking idiot. Have the best day ever. ~ Matchanu 11.03.05

Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 18 August 2019, 09:19
KimberChick's Avatar
KimberChick KimberChick is offline
Back on The Farm
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1961 View Post
After I got a lot of sleep I went from being panicked and upset to being super pissed off and mad.

He texted me yesterday at 10am to tell me he was fine.

I chewed him out for pulling this stunt and putting me through this crap right now. Told him he should apologize to me, his brother and two sisters for what he put us through.

Then I told him I loved him and just wanted him to be happy and to seek out professional help to get himself together.

I donít like where I went to during all this. He was there for me the day my husband died. He went with me to the funeral home. Heís been here helping me get my husbandís stuff packed up.

Weíve chilled in the pool. Eaten dinner. Sat out on the deck talking for hours and drinking wine. Not a hint he would do this. I do know he is behind in all his bills but I told him he needed to have a budget and stick to it. I even did one for him. He knew I was not going to give him money.

Now I wonder if he was there for me because he loves me or to see what money he could get. I hate thinking that way.

My husband and I have always been close to him and supported him when the rest of the family were super critical and often mean to him because he is gay.

I told him long ago that he needed to keep his sex life private cuz that wasnít any of my business and I would never judge him because Iím a sinner and not in any position to judge anyone else. I would never be mean to him or any of his boyfriends and thatís how itís been for years with the exception of one who was mean to him so I made things hard for him when they broke up and he was abusive towards my nephew.

My husband and I have helped him over the years. We helped him buy a car. We paid the down payment, had our mechanic check the car out and fix any problems but he had to get financing and make the payments. We told him we expected to be paid back though we really didnít. We just wanted him to make an effort to pay us back to show he was responsible. He did so after awhile we told him not to worry about it.

Maybe we helped him too much. I suspect this latest stunt was to make me feel sorry for him so I would give him money. Heís hinted about not being able to pay his rent so he was going to be homeless. That he couldnít pay bills in the few texts heís sent.

I ignored that portion because he needs to prioritize his spending and any money I gave him would just be a bandaid until the next time he got behind on bills.

I just donít like where I went in my head with this whole thing.

And I wish the Lord would give me a break in between these things happening.

I think I need to be selfish and think of myself first and let everyone else sort out their own crap.

Iíve done that these last few days. Iíve Had the phones off. Been thinking, praying and chilling.
I am probably going straight downstairs when my time is up, because there is no way I put up with this kind of crap in my life.
If someone gets into a rough spot once in a while, I get it, life happens and I do try to help. But I learned never give people money. I will buy someone groceries, help with essentials, etc. But if someone isn't paying their bills or sticking to a budget it's on them.
As you mentioned about being a sinner and having no room to judge, I will put it like this. I have been very irrisponsible with my money a few times. I bought cars I probably could have done without, spent money on clothes I really didn't need, etc. But my debt is mine and mine alone, no one else totes that burden. If I get in trouble for not paying my car payment, oh well, lesson learned.

What I am saying is that some people really need that hard lesson in life. It really is tough to do that to family and even tougher when you have a relationship. Sometimes the best thing to do is spell it out in black and white. Beating around the bush and tolerating someone's neverending drama does nothing to help anyone. People learned that you eventually give in if they push you enough and that is why you need to say "the buck stops here", literally.

Tough love, Linda. It does work.

I truly hope it all smooths out soon.
__________________
"I heard you've been talking shit, you tab-less bitch." - KS11

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. Mattis

"Definition of insanity: Letting the government dictate what the Amendment designed to control the government - means." - Polypro

"The rules only apply when something is going wrong." -Me

"When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man" Elton John
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 20 August 2019, 03:05
Linda1961's Avatar
Linda1961 Linda1961 is offline
Psalm 91:2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
I am probably going straight downstairs when my time is up, because there is no way I put up with this kind of crap in my life.
If someone gets into a rough spot once in a while, I get it, life happens and I do try to help. But I learned never give people money. I will buy someone groceries, help with essentials, etc. But if someone isn't paying their bills or sticking to a budget it's on them.
As you mentioned about being a sinner and having no room to judge, I will put it like this. I have been very irrisponsible with my money a few times. I bought cars I probably could have done without, spent money on clothes I really didn't need, etc. But my debt is mine and mine alone, no one else totes that burden. If I get in trouble for not paying my car payment, oh well, lesson learned.

What I am saying is that some people really need that hard lesson in life. It really is tough to do that to family and even tougher when you have a relationship. Sometimes the best thing to do is spell it out in black and white. Beating around the bush and tolerating someone's neverending drama does nothing to help anyone. People learned that you eventually give in if they push you enough and that is why you need to say "the buck stops here", literally.

Tough love, Linda. It does work.

I truly hope it all smooths out soon.
Well heís cooling his heels on a psych hold right now. Heís pissed but I donít care.

Either he is a total narcissistic little prick or he needs the mental health evaluation and then some help.

And I think at one point in our lives weíve all done something irresponsible but you have to be responsible for yourself and any consequences from your actions if there are any.

My brother is in the hospital. He has heart problems and is a diabetic so has neuropathy and bad circulation in his feet and legs.

He stepped on a cord prong and it stuck in the bottom of his foot. Instead of going to get the wound properly cared for and getting a tetanus shot he half assed cleaned it and it got infected. They are fighting it now but are talking about a possible amputation if they canít get it under control.

I was up there to see him this evening while my dad was there and got totally pissed and kind of blew up at them because they were joking and not taking things seriously. My dad has had his big toe amputated on his left foot because he ignored wounds and just last year his right foot got infected and first they amputated his toe, then half his foot then finally his leg just below the knee.

I donít get them. If I was diabetic and prone to wounds like that Iíd be paranoid about checking myself out.

Anyway I kind of blew my stack and told them maybe they would start taking things seriously when the doctors starting talking about amputating their family jewels because they only have two legs and the doctors can only amputate so far up.

Told them they both needed to be living in a facility where someone watched their dumb asses 24/7. Told them not to call me unless someone was on deathís door and left.

Iím heading out of town on Thursday morning and going to one of my friendís cabin north of Gadsden but within a decent driving distance to Birmingham. We call it her mountain cabin though itís only in the foothills of the Appalachians.

Iíll be by myself there until Saturday afternoon when her and another girlfriend are coming up and weíre going to a classical music concert in Birmingham then out to dinner. Iím keeping my phone on mute and am only going to check it once a day.

Looking forward to it and some peace and quiet.

I think Iím beginning to start putting myself first and let everyone else sort out their own crap. Iím having a difficult time sorting my own stuff out.

Thanks for your prayers and advice.

Itís gotta get better soon.
__________________
"Hate war but love the American warrior." Lt. General Hal Moore

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 00:53.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
© SOCNET 1996-2018