SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 19 July 2015, 19:53
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STASH View Post
howdy, name is Michael
Navy SAR Swimmer 1987-1995 &
PJ (Pararescue) 1997-2004 and PJ Instructor 2005-2008

received 100% service connected 2014

in the Portland, OR area- haven't been to the 304th in a longtime, not sure if I know anyone there

thanks
Welcome fellow "flipper". Did you attend Cape Disappointment?
Old 20 July 2015, 16:20

Thanks for adding me. 5 years with 10th MTN, plenty of jobs etc. Located in VA, anything else just ask. Thanks
Old 24 July 2015, 03:31

Thanks for adding me. Former UK Military for 7 years and have been in the PSC industry for the past 10 years. Currently based in Iraq.
Old 24 July 2015, 06:50

Thanks for adding me.

Served with the 82nd, 2/505, Bno, 2nd plt, wpns squad, 60 gunner. 92-96

Been reading some old posts on here. The sarcasm and bs'ing make me feel at home.

Attached is a photo of me with the pig taken in Ft. Polk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m60.jpg (28.0 KB, 564 views)
Old 25 July 2015, 20:44

The New Guy

Greetings Gents,
My name is Mark, I have yet to serve in our great Military. Ive signed up for the Navy, just waiting to be shipped to boot. I have 8+ years working with my county's Social Services & awaiting transition to our Sheriffs Dept. I am a huge advocate of the Team mentality and its importance, I'm hoping to soak in as much knowledge as I can from all who serve. Thank you for allowing me to partake in this forum.
Old 28 July 2015, 22:02

Greetings...

Thanks for the addition to the site.

I am currently a Deputy Sheriff and have been working full time in law enforcement the last 16 years, 8 as an explosives detection/patrol K-9 handler.

Prior to law enforcement I worked PSD in the civilian world for almost 5 years.
Old 28 July 2015, 23:14

Hello All

Hello everyoneveryone my name is Shawn.

Thanks for the addition to the site.

I have not had the honor of serving in the military but was raised in the military. My grandfather served form 1943 thru1972 when he retired as a Senior Master Sargent in the USAF, and my father served from 1973 thru 1996 when he retired from the US Army Reserve as a Staff Sargent . I love military history and the stories about it. On a last note for this post I want to thank all that have served from the bottom of my heart your service is greatly appreciated and I can't say it enough thank you all.
Old 29 July 2015, 07:51

Hello!

My name is Rob and I am an Army Vet having served with the 11th ACR on the East German border. I'm a long time rider with the Patriot Guard. My other interests are golf, fishing and wood working.
Old 29 July 2015, 13:11

Hi and thanks for the add I was with H&S company 1/6 2nd Mar. Div.
Camp lejeune from 1985-1989
Old 29 July 2015, 13:44

Thanks for adding me. Active duty reservist (Title 32) for about ten years. Multiple jobs. Now a civilian in the InfoSec field.
Old 30 July 2015, 08:49

Hey Socnet

Hey everyone, I'll keep this short.
I had a prior life as a 19D. Participated in the invasion of Iraq and another subsequent deployments. I now am now an 18B. I was reincarnated and born in the hollows of Camp Mackall during an event called SFAS. I was a cold miserable birth full of pain and suffering. Pretty sure my mother died. I was then taken in and raised by wolves in 5th SFG.
I decided I wanted a break and then quickly realized how much I missed them. Now I am in 20th SFG. I have about 14 years of active service now. Glad to be on the board and I hope I can contribute in some way.

de oppresso liber
Old 30 July 2015, 09:17

Good Morning

Have had a long career in the USN and USA, 4 years in submarine service; got out and finished college. Got into law enforcement and received a call asking if I like to go backpacking, skiing, camping, etc. Replied yes! "Have I got a deal for you." was the recruiters response. Got into Co B, 3/12th SFG(A), Ft. Lewis and went to abn school at 36. Only hard Abn school ever...was at Missoula, MT May 18, 1980 (Mt. St. Helens blew up and did ground week in 1/2" of Mt. St. Helen's ash.) Ended up on a cold weather, mountain team going to Alaska - Brimfrost '89. A real eye opener. Wainwright was 49 below (ambient) then it got cold. Dropped to 85 below while there. Was good to get back to Ft. Lewis. Went to SGM Academy, Class 44; on to USASOC, Current Ops, and final assignment was 350th CACOM, Pensacola. Retired after a total of 32 years, 24 active, 8 USAR. Life is good.
Old 30 July 2015, 15:22
On the Extract Bird

Thanks for the add
Currently a contractor looking to better my quality of life and income
Joined forum to read and see what else my be out there
Combat Vet, Active Army 11bp 173rd 3.5 yrs
NG 11b presently enlisted
Old 30 July 2015, 19:52

Sirs,
My name is LT. Tony Thomann. I am a firefighter here in Florida, 23 years on the job. I am looking for information on my older brother, Ronald Thomann, now deceased, who served in UDT in the 50's early 60's. He was a Korea an Vietnam veteran, twice awarded the bronze star and awarded the Navy and Marine Corps Medal. I am looking for any information on what team or teams he was on, what deployments or missions he participated in, really anything at all. He was pretty closed lipped about his service.
Old 30 July 2015, 20:14
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteste View Post
Sirs,
My name is LT. Tony Thomann. I am a firefighter here in Florida, 23 years on the job. I am looking for information on my older brother, Ronald Thomann, now deceased, who served in UDT in the 50's early 60's. He was a Korea an Vietnam veteran, twice awarded the bronze star and awarded the Navy and Marine Corps Medal. I am looking for any information on what team or teams he was on, what deployments or missions he participated in, really anything at all. He was pretty closed lipped about his service.
Arteste, your best course of action would be to PM "Frog" and ask him to look at the database. It may show at least his first Team assignment post-training. Also it may be a wise idea t have one of the mods here redact your name from your intro.
Old 1 August 2015, 00:37

Trying to get this to work

Hi all. First off my Internet ability is red very close to black and am trying to make this work on a phone that doesn't like me much.
Did korea, 168 med bn
Campbell, 160 desk bitch, then 3/502 with a brief period with 2/5sfg for the Early Victor '01 mission and one month in oef 1, then hospital which made me leave ad. Took a close to 6 year break then came back USAR.
Old 1 August 2015, 09:31

Hello Deepdiver1 here,
First thanks to all for your service, commitment and sacrifices.
Retired US law Enforcement, long time G-training contractor
retired for a dozen years-seems like a lifetime- so many changes.
Glad to be here.
Old 2 August 2015, 02:04

Introduction

Hello!

My name is TJ. I'm not in the military, but my dad is a retired career Naval officer (aviation navigator). I'm here to find confirmation on a friend of mine who says he is a former SEAL.
Old 3 August 2015, 10:51

Good morning all,

My name is CJ. I'm an Army Civilian working presently in Logistics. Since 2010 I've been shuffled around quite a bit but I've had contact during my time with some members from SOA and TAPO. Prior to me working in this field my father first worked with a number of your folks in Central America back in the 90's. I registered here to get to know the community better.
Old 3 August 2015, 13:17

Hello, and thank you for accepting me into the community. Like some others, I was looking for contract work overseas when I ran across this site. And, I felt right at home after reading a few of the posts...especially in the "How Not to Post" section.

My History:
4 Years - Jul01-Jul05 - Active Duty Army - Airborne Infantry (11B1P) - Full Honors Casket Bearer - 1st of 3rd US INF BAT, The Old Guard (TOG) - Ft. Myer, VA. ETS'd as an E-5 with an EIB & GPB.
2 Years - Aug07-Jun09 - Army Reserves - Intel Analyst (No School) - 3300 DET 1 STRAT Intel Group - Ft. Belvoir, VA

10 Years - Jul05-Present - Contracting:
7 Years Armed Security - DC area
3 Years CI Overseas - Saudi Arabia, Burundi & Afghanistan

I wanted to be gung-ho and high-speed in the military like many new recruits and ended up being able to honor those who sacrificed more than I ever could...not for their country, but for their fellow man.

When I got out and got the chance to go over and do my part, I did. After my youngest was born, I came home to help my wife raise him to a suitable age...it has been hard as hell maintaining that level of security in civilized environments (weight gain, depression, etc.). Now that he's old enough, I'm again looking for long term overseas contracts that allow vacations every 3 to 4 months.

Again, thank you for accepting me into the community. I look forward to reading more informative and entertaining posts.

Our new posting rules