Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 23 December 2017, 20:24
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Damn. Getting bounced out of Hardees is awesome.
Yeah...I was rather proud of the ole fella.
Old 23 December 2017, 22:03
Preparing to defend

I used to go to Hardee’s with my old man for decades. It’s hard to get thrown out of there if you’re over at least 45.
Old 23 December 2017, 22:13
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
This still upsets me. First then President should not have interviened. Let the process evolve through the state dept/US embassy like it does for any other criminal offense committed by Americans in China. Just like if a Chinese national (many of which are in my community and some do go tonsil here for breaking the law ).

Also, they should have been kicked off the team. Not just temp suspended and now allowed to return to practice after Christmas. That is the problem with millennials - they always think they can get out of anything, just get a slap on the wrist, no serious consequences, can hit the reset button. Not saying throw them in jail for life in China. But you embarrassed the USA and your team, off the team you go.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chica...story,amp.html
I like how POTUS intervened, and then forced the team to bend the knee and thank him when it became apparent how ungrateful they were. And then humiliated the degenerate sneaker selling father of one of the fucks on Twitter. Festivus. Let's begin with the airing of grievances.
19 Oct 2017
Old 24 December 2017, 10:48
Been There Done That

Evidently the Ball kid has dropped out of school, or so I read. I am sure he chose another path to stardom.
Old 24 December 2017, 14:33
Squelch

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
Evidently the Ball kid has dropped out of school, or so I read. I am sure he chose another path to stardom.
They were suspended for almost the entire year, their dad pulled them out and plans on starting his own semi professional basketball league. It's for those who want to go to the NBA and have to wait the mandatory 1 year before going.
Stated he was gonna pay player 10k a month.
Old 24 December 2017, 15:11
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Damn. Getting bounced out of Hardees is awesome.
What's left? Awful House?
Old 24 December 2017, 15:29
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
I like how POTUS intervened, and then forced the team to bend the knee and thank him when it became apparent how ungrateful they were. And then humiliated the degenerate sneaker selling father of one of the fucks on Twitter. Festivus. Let's begin with the airing of grievances.
Rarely do you disappoint
Old 24 December 2017, 15:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
Yeah...I was rather proud of the ole fella.
Donít fuck with a manís biscuits and gravy....
Old 24 December 2017, 17:27
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter1965 View Post
Donít fuck with a manís biscuits and gravy....
Well, the full gist of the story: Pop was in the early stages of dementia, and was having heartburn every morning--taking pills didn't help so he went and saw our family doctor who was older than dirt and one year younger than God. Pop told the doc he got heartburn every morning after he ate his biscuits and gravy at Hardees (this was after Mom passed). The doc told Pop they needed to put more gravy on the biscuits--which made perfect sense....BUT, in Pop's feeble state, that simple statement made him think he had a doctors prescription for extra gravy...so the next morning when Hardees charged him a buck extra for the added gravy--he went slam the fuck off...God bless the ole hardass.
Old 24 December 2017, 17:33
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
Well, the full gist of the story: Pop was in the early stages of dementia, and was having heartburn every morning--taking pills didn't help so he went and saw our family doctor who was older than dirt and one year younger than God. Pop told the doc he got heartburn every morning after he ate his biscuits and gravy at Hardees (this was after Mom passed). The doc told Pop they needed to put more gravy on the biscuits--which made perfect sense....BUT, in Pop's feeble state, that simple statement made him think he had a doctors prescription for extra gravy...so the next morning when Hardees charged him a buck extra for the added gravy--he went slam the fuck off...God bless the ole hardass.
Nice. I like it!
Old 24 December 2017, 17:47
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
While I do think many of today's young people have an entitlement attitude, I personally don't but them at fault entirely. I've seen many adults (40+) with same mindset and see many cases where the older generation have made decisions allowing these behaviors and attitudes to continue.

While in the MIL, I often heard senior folks complain how the younger Soldiers have it way easier. I often chimed in, "who allowed that?" For today's generation of Soldiers, it was the era of my peers and myself that allowed it.

It disappoints me on a regular basis to see these attitudes of entitlement play out. Certainly there is fault in the individual(s) themselves along with those that let it occur or make excuses for them or allow them to move on w/out facing the piper.
I don't know instituted the "politically correct way" to handle recruits/trainees but I remember hearing stories from WWII/Korean vets of DI's/TI's taking recruits behind the barracks and womping some sense into them. In my time they just hung paper on you, get to many and you could get set back a couple of weeks for "re-indoctrination"; unless some of your peers gave you a blanket party to straighten you ass out and get that nasty Sgt. off all of their backs.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere."

Our new posting rules