SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Veterans Issues

Old 5 October 2017, 13:21
Confirmed User

Veterans Evaluation Services

I started a claim process last year and had a couple evaluations through QTC medical that were completed. I have gotten several calls from a company called Veterans Evaluation Services in the last couple days. They don't leave a message but I decided to answer this one and they stated that I needed to be evaluated and wanted some personal information. Having already been to the evaluations with QTC I was a little Leary and wouldn't give them any info. I called QTC and the said that my evaluations were completed and sent to the VA. Is this normal? Has anyone dealt with this company Vatera s Evaluation Services? Thank you.
Old 5 October 2017, 17:48
Swimming Upstream

http://www.vesservices.com/

Several threads on Google about them
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 5 October 2017, 18:52
Confirmed User

Thanks I ended up calling the VA and they said the company was legit.
Old 5 October 2017, 19:02
Confirmed User

Can confirm, they're legit. Dealt with them recently for my disability claim, overall it was a pretty painless experience.
Old 5 October 2017, 21:24
Been There Done That

They scheduled me for a doctor who did not have a state license in nevada but was coming in from colorado for the exam - the location was a shady chripractor office that had a ghost address indoors under some company name that when i called they were like no that company isnt here it's some other name - so i cancelled the appointment. no time to deal with that and not knowing who is who or being able to followup with some shell company and an out of town doctor.
Old 6 October 2017, 01:44
Confirmed User

The funny thing is is they are having me go to another evaluation for something that QTC already had me evaluated for.
Old 6 October 2017, 03:45
Authorized Personnel

I think it's a shame that vets have to use this service.
Old 6 October 2017, 08:57
Authorized Personnel

I've read their web site and other posts on Google, and I can't figure out what they're doing that the VA Health program doesn't. Are they just a company being contracted by the VA to provide services? Am I missing something?
Old 6 October 2017, 10:35
Been There Done That

They never made an introduction from VA to VES - like you should be looking for this... I just heard from some guy in texas who seemed to know what he was doing and that i was expected to do some appointment... i went along with it - nothing that invasive from his part and the mailings they send are all like overnight fedex... the guy behind this was a former VHA secretary (the high level kind) and so they have hundreds of millions in contracts to do this now - but nevada go figure - they have no doctors here and thats why they said the guy was coming in from colorado? that's where it got shady... You can tell them you want your case sent back to the VHA though - it might cause delays but keeping it there might have benefits.
Old 9 October 2017, 11:24
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
I've read their web site and other posts on Google, and I can't figure out what they're doing that the VA Health program doesn't. Are they just a company being contracted by the VA to provide services? Am I missing something?
That would seem to be an accurate assessment from where I stood. Throughout my entire claim process, I don't think I interacted with VA at all. DAV referred me to VES, where I had my two appointments, then got notification a few weeks later.

One of the appointments was indeed at a somewhat shady rented space, in an out of the way office building. That said, the other was at a very high-end clinic with a super professional doctor.
Old 22 October 2017, 23:16
Been There Done That

VES sent me to a few appointments a few years ago. Now i have been contacted by a place called LHI.
They seem to operate like VES from dealing with them so far. The address they are sending me to use to be a bowling alley that closed a few years ago. No local contacts for them as far as I can tell

William Tecumseh Sherman-
I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast.
Old 27 October 2017, 15:40
Confirmed User

I agree with you.
Old 28 November 2017, 20:52
Been There Done That

Received a FedEx package last week for my appointment his morning. It was in and old doctors office and was done by a local doctor. she went down the examination sheets line by line. My appointment was scheduled for 75 minutes and lasted almost 2 hours. She ask more questions in 10 minutes than any of the doctors at the Montgomery VAMC has ever ask. After she finished with me she sent me to an imagery clinic.
All the people associated with LHI hat I have had to deal with have been great or helpful.
I just couldn't get the doctor to put my socks back on my wife put on me this morning.

William Tecumseh Sherman-
I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast.

Our new posting rules