Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Veterans Issues

Old 25 October 2017, 15:10
Confirmed User

Re-Eval

Put in for a re-eval.Using DAV for help.All my medical has been through the V.A. over last decade. Received a notice that it takes 3 to 4 months for processing.Just wondering if any of you have any recent experience with the same.
Old 25 October 2017, 15:13
Authorized Personnel

Re eval including a request for increase? What's the condition? I'm in the middle of a tactical nuclear exchange with the VA right now on a similar issue.
Old 26 October 2017, 07:04
Been There Done That

The only problem with requesting a re-eval or asking for an increase is you just might get a decrease instead. Make sure you have all your documents showing your medical condition has gotten worse. Look at the VA Diagnostic Rating Charts, https://www.benefits.va.gov/warms/bookc.asp#e
to see if your condition warrants an increase.
Old 27 October 2017, 12:44
Confirmed User

I just did a re-eval, mine was titled reconsideration, which does exist. I was granted it. It came down to MRI results, and range of motion for back.. Never go to VA C&P exam on your pain meds, seriously..
Old 27 October 2017, 15:23
Confirmed User

Impairment, right Femur.From 1979.I was not going to do this unless I felt it was true.I never ask for anything I do not believe I am right for.I have a good feeling because the case is fairly plain.Older with more limitations related to the injury.I have had several people over the years ask why don't you try to get more?.Because I don't feel it is right.Now I do.
Old 27 October 2017, 15:24
Confirmed User

You are correct, in my case that would be a non factor because the rating in over 20 years.In that respect I am fine.Thank you for the advise.
Old 27 October 2017, 15:34
Confirmed User

Also thanks for the web site you referenced.I checked it out and by this chart I should have no problem.Sometimes you have to have a little luck and have a good feeling about it all.I have asked very little of them,now older, changes make the difference.Have heard some horror stories and hopefully is where the luck will come in.Thank you for your time Mate.
Old 27 October 2017, 15:38
Confirmed User

Meant to tell you good luck in your case.Hope it will go better soon for you.When you are right you are right and we all know, stick with your guns.Not sue if you are familiar with DAV but many fellows I know have had positive results when they represent you.

Our new posting rules