SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Professional Development and Education

Old 25 December 2017, 18:46
Awaiting the Terrologist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
Just reading this thread, but perhaps we can assist the OP instead of dog-piling the OP.
Point taken respectfully. I'll echo Purple36. The advice about writing is great advice.

As a [b]non-US guy[/bold] who worked for US companies and still helps guys getting work, the amount of great CV's being sent for single vacancies is huge. They get culled for the simplest things and writing like that in a cover letter will see a CV in the circular file straight out of the mail.

There are way more people unemployed than vacancies in this area.

SOCNET is a fantastic recruiting tool as well. We all know how many recruiters frequent this board and how many employers as well. This then becomes our "first impression" in some cases and the only chance we have to impress.

I have sent a PM to the OP in an effort to give some guidance and avoid the appearance of a dog-pile.

But if I was asked to give one piece of advice in the Professional Development Forum" that covered all nationalities seeking work in this industry, my advice would be to brush up on your written skills because there is more to working outside of the Military than trigger pulling.

Icemonkey, you have a PM from me.

Cheers,

On the 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month, we will remember them.

Lest We Forget.
Old 25 December 2017, 19:40
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemonkey View Post
Well i apologize profusely but i did not subscribe here to have my grammar corrected by university professors,and in my defense i have been speaking & writing another language for 12 years. Is it not customary for the jury to obtain all the facts about a person before condemning him /her?
Your sarcasm is unwarranted.

Frankly, someone inquiring about getting work with a US Company should want to put their best foot forward. Plenty of hiring managers read these posts.

No one is asking for perfect grammar, however, you didn't appear to put any effort into punctuation until called on your writing.
Old 25 December 2017, 21:46
Never to old to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemonkey View Post
Well i apologize profusely but i did not subscribe here to have my grammar corrected by university professors,and in my defense i have been speaking & writing another language for 12 years. Is it not customary for the jury to obtain all the facts about a person before condemning him /her?
Is it not customary for the jury to obtain all the facts about a person before condemning him /her?

Like Jack Webb use to say just the Facts

With all the facts then, no one would condemning you. When I first got on the site I went thru the same thing. I took it as learning lesson. I screw up sometime, an I hear it loud an clear. The members on this site can help you or tell you F/O.
Old 4 February 2018, 21:04
Confirmed User

I cease to be amazed regarding the stupidity of the millenials, Sir, Mam, Please and Thank You have become passe.
I think that is intrinsically sad.
Won't dwell on it, not long to live.
Stay safe all.
M.
Old 5 February 2018, 10:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Never heard of the training company you attended. They are full of red flags though...

FYI, not sure when you attended their training. However according to the TX Department of Public Safety, their license as a security training company expired in November. They may be in the process to renew, but I'm not seeing it. They are showing on the SIA page so that's a plus.

Long story short, you attended training that is not really recognized by anyone, at least here in the US, as a reputable training provider. I doubt this course will open any doors for you, as it didn't really qualify you to do anything. Sorry but it's the harsh truth. If you already had your SIA then you didn't really garner any value out of this program. Maybe they got you your Level 4 for the state of Texas, that you can check on your own through the TXPSB website.

Are you trying to do Executive Protection? Or are you trying to go do High Threat security? There's a big difference, and the requirements are not identical.

...this picture says all I really need to know about Praetorian...for a guy that's so concerned about showing his face, he sure appears in a lot of pictures...looking like a complete douchebag with that mask on.

I think the shooter on the nearest side is my BIL
Old 5 February 2018, 22:09
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by maim View Post
I cease to be amazed regarding the stupidity of the millenials, Sir, Mam, Please and Thank You have become passe.
I think that is intrinsically sad.
Won't dwell on it, not long to live.
Stay safe all.
M.
MAIM POST!

Check your PM's.

Support SOCNET.

Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic. (MICP)
Old 5 February 2018, 22:38
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatmedic View Post
MAIM POST!

Check your PM's.
Did you try to message via Skype? I was concerned after the post.

Our new posting rules