SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Veterans Issues

Old 21 August 2020, 23:19
0311/8651

Retired here
Called Express scripts, not a big deal
2017- told today Congress added a copay. Not much $. Can’t complain with the surgery I have had, virtually paid nothing
Old 22 August 2020, 09:38
Confirmed User

Has anybody gone into MyPay and tried to set up the allotment for Tricare Select yet?

The Tricare page says to set up an allotment for the initial and monthly fee's, but under the allotment drop down box there is no option to set that account up yet to Tricare select, only the normal routing number and account stuff.

Am I missing something or are they still working out the details?

My wife is on Tricare for life and has medicare, while I will be on T-select, gonna be screwy I'm sure.
Old 22 August 2020, 09:40
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP MARINE View Post
Retired here
2017- told today Congress added a copay. Not much $. Can’t complain with the surgery I have had, virtually paid nothing
My wife uses express scripts for a majority of her meds and her copays go up it seems every other month for something, and getting approval for certain meds is a pretty big hassle for her.

Every time they make a change it cost more and is more difficult to work with. Intentional I am sure.
Old 26 August 2020, 21:34
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP MARINE View Post
Retired here
I have Tricare for Life. They don’t pickup a whole helluva lot for a Tricare provider. I think this was my confusion with the Tricare select increases? I go civilian care 99 percent of the time.
Old 28 August 2020, 13:03
Never to old to learn

Find TRICARE Options that Fit Your Health Care Needs
Aug. 28, 2020

Health services come in many forms. Sometimes it means going to your doctor for a routine checkup. Other times it means getting care from a specialty provider, like a dermatologist or cardiologist. But what if you need care for an extended amount of time? While TRICARE doesn't cover long-term care (also known as custodial care), it does cover other specialty care services you may need to support your unique health care needs.

To learn more. Find TRICARE Options that Fit Your Health Care Needs

Aug. 28, 2020
Health services come in many forms. Sometimes it means going to your doctor for a routine checkup. Other times it means getting care from a specialty provider, like a dermatologist or cardiologist. But what if you need care for an extended amount of time? While TRICARE doesn't cover long-term care (also known as custodial care), it does cover other specialty care services you may need to support your unique health care needs.

To learn more. https://lnks.gd/l/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1Ni.../82927873115-l

Last edited by wildman43; 28 August 2020 at 13:04. Reason: wording
Old 15 September 2020, 16:03
Confirmed User

So, I got a letter on this from Humana Military / TRICARE East notifying me that the enrollment window opens on 9 November and closes on 14 December. The letter included a note to call a 1-800 number they provided to set up my enrollment fee payment. I did call the number and got the recorded message that if my call was about setting up my enrollment payment, they'd be sending me another letter. It looks to me like they're trying to get the word out. Also, either they're truly not going to let anyone enroll before 9 November, or they've got start-up bugs in the system that they are trying to resolve.
Old 15 September 2020, 16:07
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB8541 View Post
Has anybody gone into MyPay and tried to set up the allotment for Tricare Select yet?

The Tricare page says to set up an allotment for the initial and monthly fee's, but under the allotment drop down box there is no option to set that account up yet to Tricare select, only the normal routing number and account stuff.

Am I missing something or are they still working out the details?

My wife is on Tricare for life and has medicare, while I will be on T-select, gonna be screwy I'm sure.
I just looked in MyPay and can confirm that there isn't an option available there at this time. I'd much prefer to do it through that site than through my checking account. It's not a lot of money (yet) but it would be nice if those were pre-tax dollars.
Old 15 September 2020, 16:14
Administrator

I'd go without before granting them bank account access. I also don't agree with them not offering a yearly lump sum payment option.
Old 15 September 2020, 22:41
Hard to Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Mine goes to like 2031 or something, but according to the article, if we don't make payment arrangements during this years' enrollment open period, we get the boot on Jan 1. I think the open period starts in Nov if I recall correctly.
November 9th to December 14th. This is a dick move, for sure.

If you draw any kind of .mil retirement, you have to have it taken from your retirement check as an allotment.
Old 15 September 2020, 23:06
Shakin' the bush Boss

Yeah. Smooth and easy, just like all things Tricare and VA, .mil, etc. This allows them to fuck a % who's old, near dead and not net savvy. Damn I'm paranoid these days.

If I don't register does that make me a Democrat or a COVID death?
Old 17 September 2020, 20:16
Been There Done That

While I am not happy with paying, it wasn't very painful.

I got the form letter in today's mail advising me of the change.
Called the toll free number listed. Lots of fu kery with the voice prompts but got thru to a human.

Asked why am I getting this letter, I am in Tricare for life. She answered because my wife is still not Medicare eligible and is Tricare Select.
I asked, are you going to charge me $25 for family? She said, no it is just your wife and $12.50 per month. If you authorize the allotment, you will pay your first premium at the end of January. Did it all over the phone.

Again, I'm not happy with it but getting it done was pretty easy, toll free number in the letter is 1-800-444-5445. I am relieved I didn't have to wait until open season in November - odds are I would have forgotten about it but for the letter.
Old 18 September 2020, 15:55
Shakin' the bush Boss

They also slipped in a catastrophic cap increase from 3k to 3500.
Old 18 September 2020, 17:02
Swimming Upstream

I received a letter regarding the need to enroll during the open period during the month of November. They provided a 800 number to call to set up an allotment from retired pay or a debit card/ACH.
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke

- I'm not typing this looking for sympathy, I want you guys to listen to your body and if you see or feel something out of the ordinary going on, get it looked at by a competent Doctor. -OldCrustyBastard

Our new posting rules