SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Naval Special Warfare > Navy SEALs

Old 25 June 2018, 08:37

Frogmen Motorcycle Club

Seen in VA Beach, a guy riding his bike with a three piece Motorcycle Club Patch. Name of the club is Frogmen and the center patch has a trident Incorporated into it. It was Yellow and Gold colored. Looked like the bottom rocker said LLTB.

Tried to speak to the guy but I was in my car and he was on his bike. Never got the chance. Nothing on the intertubes about them.

Anyone here know about this club?

Thanks
Old 25 June 2018, 21:33
0311/8651

Check your state COC-Confederation of Clubs, see if they exist. I guess not.3 piece patch, rockers- sounds fake.
Old 26 June 2018, 02:34
Administrator

Yes. It's a group started by former SEAL Dan O'Shea in Tampa. They went to Rolling Thunder - Tampa to DC. I tried to talk him out of it, but he went "MC" and 3 patch. Just asking for trouble if you ask me.
Old 26 June 2018, 02:51
killjoy

Forgive my intrusion, but I have extended family familiar with a 3 patch world(former and retired) and feel that no matter how innocent an approach into that world may be, sooner or later it's met with another 3 patch that draws lines in the sand.

There are other 3 patches out there, and they may not get along. They will ask where you stand, and when you answer, you choose your position in regard to that line and might accept any and all good and bad that comes with it.

I wish them well and hope they can ride that fine line without issues. God bless.
Old 26 June 2018, 08:02
Hard to Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
Yes. It's a group started by former SEAL Dan O'Shea in Tampa. They went to Rolling Thunder - Tampa to DC. I tried to talk him out of it, but he went "MC" and 3 patch. Just asking for trouble if you ask me.
I looked into joining the SF Brotherhood MC after I bought my bike. A previous Detachment XO belongs. He said they had to adapt to the MC culture by having hang arounds and a prospect processes. The FT Campbell chapter was confronted by a supposed big wig from the Mongols. when they finally met, the Campbell chapter president said we understand adapting to a culture and you may have a group of some tough guys but every guy in my club is a proven and trained killer. Cleared that up. I just don't need that kind of drama. I would imagine that these guys would experience the same dynamic.
Old 26 June 2018, 09:12
0311/8651

Here in Oklahoma we are a neutral state. We have a COC, President is a 1%. We have 3,1%er clubs and their support clubs too. I belong to CVMA; one center patch, NO rockers, no prospecting, female combat veterans allowed. We get along with everyone-every profession that veterans work in as their job or livelihood we represent.
Old 26 June 2018, 10:07
SOCNET Moderator

As long as the Frog MC doesn’t claim territory, remains neutral and minds their own business they will be fine. Most 1% clubs have respect for Veterans Clubs and will give them a pass as long as they don’t disrupt local hierarchy and stay out of MC politics.
Old 26 June 2018, 12:39

Thanks Frog for the update.
Old 27 June 2018, 16:29
0311/8651

If there is a COC in that state, even better, join it. Here in okla it would work best to go before the COC and get approval.
Old 27 June 2018, 22:51
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
As long as the Frog MC doesn’t claim territory, remains neutral and minds their own business they will be fine. Most 1% clubs have respect for Veterans Clubs and will give them a pass as long as they don’t disrupt local hierarchy and stay out of MC politics.

Yeah, that will work out well for your next SBI TS/SCI PR...
Old 28 June 2018, 00:42
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
...The FT Campbell chapter was confronted by a supposed big wig from the Mongols. when they finally met, the Campbell chapter president said we understand adapting to a culture and you may have a group of some tough guys but every guy in my club is a proven and trained killer. Cleared that up.
Having spent a fair amount of time interacting with HAs, Mongols, and Vagos, I seriously doubt the Mongols would back down from a threat, especially one so laughable as that one. Your guy was probably just trying to impress you.
Old 28 June 2018, 03:47
Administrator

Agree. Pick your battles. Don't be stupid. I've posted this before. https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ml#document/p1
Old 28 June 2018, 08:26
Hard to Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
Having spent a fair amount of time interacting with HAs, Mongols, and Vagos, I seriously doubt the Mongols would back down from a threat, especially one so laughable as that one. Your guy was probably just trying to impress you.
Third or fourth hand info. Like Frog says, pick your battles. So far I am impressed with at least the dedication of the Combat Vets Motorcycle Association.
Old 28 June 2018, 08:34
Shakin' the bush Boss

Am I the only one who it irritates that a bunch of SEALs have to get permission to put a trident on a vest?
Old 28 June 2018, 08:48
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Am I the only one who it irritates that a bunch of SEALs have to get permission to put a trident on a vest?
Not the issue. OMCs get touchy whenever anyone uses the patch combo and associated location names on a vest. Sort of like West Side Story...when you're a Jet (snaps fingers and dances like HM)...the issue is that the OMCs will use force, including deadly force, on those that do so without seeking approval or permission.
Old 28 June 2018, 09:12
Authorized Personnel

Don't like the rules, don't play the game.

I always rode alone and went where I wanted to go and did what I wanted to do and rode the brand I wanted to ride.
Old 28 June 2018, 09:23
Authorized Personnel

I looked into the CVMA. Just doesn't seem like my cup of tea. I've always preferred to ride solo anyways.
Old 28 June 2018, 09:48
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole crusty bastard View Post
Don't like the rules, don't play the game.
That's fucking comedy. Rules? Game? Go Sharks, go Jets.
Old 28 June 2018, 10:16
0311/8651

Tri patch is something not to take lightly. Wearing the MC is important too to some. Some clubs seem to just want that diamond of 1%, that gets into real dangerous territory; remember the Waco shootout?
Old 28 June 2018, 10:31
Shakin' the bush Boss

You mean the one where the cops murdered all those innocent bikers?

Our new posting rules