SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 7 October 2019, 14:57
Custom User Title

So what's the conspiracy theory regarding the witness being killed? The cops did it?
Old 7 October 2019, 15:02
Custom User Title

"He was shot near a strip club in Dallas in November 2018, Merritt said.
Brown and his family believed he was targeted in that shooting by someone he knew and had grown up with.
Another man, Nicholas Shaquan Diggs, was killed in the shooting, Merritt said.

After Brown was shot last year, "he was concerned that that person might try to come back and finish the job," Merritt said.
The gunman in that shooting has not yet been arrested."

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/10/07/us/...now-dont-know/
Old 7 October 2019, 15:22
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino0311 View Post
So what's the conspiracy theory regarding the witness being killed? The cops did it?
No way an actual sworn LEO pulled the trigger.
On February 20, 2018, President Trump issued a memorandum instructing the Attorney General “to dedicate all available resources to… propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.”

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time”

“Take the guns first, go through due process second”

"Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court"
Old 7 October 2019, 16:29
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Can you just say what you think happened?
Old 7 October 2019, 16:43
Been There Done That

Quote:
Can you just say what you think happened?
Can you just not make a stupid statement like did a cop do it....

No need to discuss this any more with stupid statements.
Old 7 October 2019, 18:22
Custom User Title

Well we had two posters allude to some vague conspiracy surrounding this young man's death. I'm curious if they would like to flesh that out a little. I generally believe in Occam's Razor and I think vague statements hunting at dark forces at play don't really add much to a conversation.

While it's (theoretically) within the realm of possibility that this young man was killed due to his testimony in this case, I'd say the fact that he was shot before, his friend killed in that shooting and the fact that the suspect was never identified probably has a lot more relevance to his death than his testimony.
Old 8 October 2019, 08:40
Been There Done That

Quote:
Well we had two posters allude to some vague conspiracy surrounding this young man's death. I'm curious if they would like to flesh that out a little. I generally believe in Occam's Razor and I think vague statements hunting at dark forces at play don't really add much to a conversation.

While it's (theoretically) within the realm of possibility that this young man was killed due to his testimony in this case, I'd say the fact that he was shot before, his friend killed in that shooting and the fact that the suspect was never identified probably has a lot more relevance to his death than his testimony.
No we don’t need to flesh this out.

Move on to reality or stop posting....
Old 8 October 2019, 10:02
Administrator

Dude probably pissed Hillary off.
Old 8 October 2019, 11:31
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
No we don’t need to flesh this out.

Move on to reality or stop posting....
Sorry, are you a moderator in the lounge? I'm firmly grounded in reality. I'm not sure why you're focusing on me rather than conspiracy theory posts that hint at something without coming out and saying it.
Old 8 October 2019, 13:07
BTDT

After this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-raid-n1006196

and

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-c...-1-400-n973756

I'm 50/50 on if it was shady, or just a vendetta from a really smart gang-banger who knows what the definition of "obfuscation" is. Of course, I was ranting that the NSA was reading all our shit in 2003... so take that for what it's worth.
On February 20, 2018, President Trump issued a memorandum instructing the Attorney General “to dedicate all available resources to… propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.”

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time”

Old 8 October 2019, 15:27
Custom User Title

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1063836
Old 8 October 2019, 16:19

Interesting....conspiracy debunked. What would happen if people reserved their opinions until the majority of the investigation was completed? Those riots could’ve been avoided.
Old 8 October 2019, 16:59
Confirmed User

Quote:
thug life; death follows
Old 8 October 2019, 17:37
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatpaws View Post
Interesting....conspiracy debunked. What would happen if people reserved their opinions until the majority of the investigation was completed? Those riots could’ve been avoided.
The problem, is there's too much CYA - how many "investigations" are "complete", or never even happen and then months later, charges are filed because discovery got some camera footage released?

A recent example here:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/1856654001/

I think the check/balance works fine - imagine if no one questioned authority.

No conspiracy in this one (not even last years shooter!) Well that's no fun - I hate being wrong - but good for the community.

Old 8 October 2019, 18:25
Administrator

Who needs conspiracy theories when you can benefit from a double standard? lol
Old 8 October 2019, 21:28
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Well, she did get convicted. I'd be curious to see where her sentence stands in comparison to similar killings with no premeditation where it was never suggested the suspect intended to commit a crime. And I've read that the victim's family was very lenient but I don't know how true that is.

If it's not obvious I definitely think the verdict was correct and that she deserved prison time. She wasn't malicious but she was wildly negligent at best.
Old 9 October 2019, 07:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
I don’t disagree. There’s been plenty of cleared shootings that looked prosecutable. I typically don’t comment too much on sentencing for anyone, cop or citizen alike, that’s way above my pay grade and something I can’t influence.
Old 9 October 2019, 09:38
Administrator

Quote:
Well, she did get convicted. I'd be curious to see where her sentence stands in comparison to similar killings with no premeditation where it was never suggested the suspect intended to commit a crime. And I've read that the victim's family was very lenient but I don't know how true that is.

If it's not obvious I definitely think the verdict was correct and that she deserved prison time. She wasn't malicious but she was wildly negligent at best.
I'm not going to run down the rabbit hole of malice or not, because he wouldn't have been given that benefit of the doubt like she is getting.

Like I said, if the positions were reversed, the dude would have been slammed much worse than her. She was even treated with kid gloves beforehand.
Old 9 October 2019, 10:16
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
More than likely this was a rip. And even as a rip they probably didn’t mean to kill him. He probably put up a fight.

If I was the investigator I would have checked his phone/phones. That’s where the details of what led up to the murder.
Old 9 October 2019, 10:17
Clorox bearer for SOTB

She had the added benefit of being a "she". Out of men and women who commit the exact same crime, women almost always get very much lighter sentences.

Wonder how it would have went if she went in and shot another chick, or an 8 year old kid...

She was frightened. Scared people do some real stupid, negligent, shit because their thinking meat is not accustomed to operating properly under fear. Just like the husband or wife who shoots their spouse or kid when they hear a noise downstairs at night and go to investigate. Same as the guy who shoots the drunk who breaks down his door in the middle of the night because all the houses in the development look the same... A lot of us here are used to operating under the influence of fear. We train for it as best we can, but we all know that training to operate under fear, and actually having someone firing an AK at you with the intent to kill you are two completely different things. She was a cop. Yup. She was trained. Yup. Not all cop training is equal. Just like not all standards for men and women are equal.

If it was a male cop who did this... I'm sure the sentencing would have been different too.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"

Our new posting rules