SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 8 October 2019, 07:37
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm3e View Post
Cant say they werent warned, especially after the 2018 Afrin sellout. Amazing sell out all the same.
Australia is welcome to spend their human and material resources supporting a group that doesn't cooperate or has no strategic value to their country.
Old 8 October 2019, 08:42
Confirmed User

I only ask myself one question when coming to a conclusion on staying or leaving any area after we have routed an enemy, then supported friendlies with our blood and treasure over an extended period of time.

At what point has it been long enough to say you have had enough time to un-F**K yourselves and get your S**T together? Regardless of strategic positioning, Decades! to me, without question is long enough.

U.S forces will "NEVER" quell the disputes and infighting in the Middle East.
Old 8 October 2019, 09:41
Been There Done That

Or, and I hate to paraphrase Sen. Kerry but it works, “is it worth having your son or father or brother being the last one to die in that conflict?”
Old 8 October 2019, 09:51
Confirmed User

Hard to believe we've been there 5 years. I remember Obama saying "no boots on the ground!"
Old 8 October 2019, 10:34
Confirmed User

I think we've been in the ME long enough also.

If someone there is truly our friend give them training, equipment and intel enough to kick ass on everybody else.

If no one is truly our friend give them old stuff and enough intel to keep kicking each others' ass enough that they'll leave us alone.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere."
Old 8 October 2019, 12:09
Confronting the Reckoning

The tone in the NBC coverage this morning was remarkable. Jeremy Bash (Leon Paetta's former COS at DOD and CIA, now "analyst" for NBC) repeatedly emphasized that there was a prison full of "thousands" of ISIS captives who were about to be scattered to the world once we walked away. It was clear this was his big talking point, as he brought it up repeatedly with great flourish.
Old 8 October 2019, 13:28
Make a desert and call it peace.

So shoot em all in the neck. Problem solved. S/F...Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.”
- Robert E. Lee
Old 8 October 2019, 17:04
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
So shoot em all in the neck. Problem solved. S/F...Ken M

I was gonna go with a MOAB, but your way is cheaper.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 8 October 2019, 17:43
BTDT

The last thing I saw on this, was that we basically let Turkey attack Kurds... that seems odd. But I don't follow Syria crap.
On February 20, 2018, President Trump issued a memorandum instructing the Attorney General “to dedicate all available resources to… propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.”

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time”

“Take the guns first, go through due process second”

"Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court"
Old 8 October 2019, 17:57
Make a desert and call it peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
I was gonna go with a MOAB, but your way is cheaper.
Your way is more acceptable to all these squishy, softhanded fags who don't want to get their hands dirty. I really don't care, as long as it gets done. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.”
- Robert E. Lee
Old 8 October 2019, 18:31
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
The last thing I saw on this, was that we basically let Turkey attack Kurds... that seems odd. But I don't follow Syria crap.
Depends on what Kurds and who they're affiliated with. It's not one huge monolithic group like most people in the US think.

Additionally, it's not like the Turks are going to sweep through them and then hold a parade. They will suffer trying to take and hold those areas, which is good for us.
Old 8 October 2019, 18:47
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
Depends on what Kurds and who they're affiliated with. It's not one huge monolithic group like most people in the US think.

Additionally, it's not like the Turks are going to sweep through them and then hold a parade. They will suffer trying to take and hold those areas, which is good for us.
It would be nice if we can manage some weapons supply to them....

We'll need Javelins. Lot's of Javelins.

And while we're at it.....Hong Kong. Compact suppressed that will go through soft armor, something the average gamer can pick up and use. I'm thinking a few thousand side folding AKM-SD should do the trick.....integrally suppressed, throw an optic on there, they can resupply ammo/mags off HKP/PLA......

"Let us return to old times and that will be progress." - Verdi
Old 8 October 2019, 19:34
Legal Immigrant

Quote:
Australia is welcome to spend their human and material resources supporting a group that doesn't cooperate or has no strategic value to their country.
Australia is very good at advising from the sidelines...I now consider it to be a national culture/past-time.
Old 8 October 2019, 20:52
Been There Done That

I dont trust Turkey. Not one bit. I wish we would stop selling them shit. They'll side with the Russians in a heartbeat.

If the Russians want to do nation building in that pile of rubble called Syria...so be it.

Karl Childers
Old 8 October 2019, 22:01
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

I suspect that the Taiwanese and South Koreans are watching US relations with the Kurds closely these days. POTUS standing up to Turkey, China and the Norks is not quite the same as POTUS standing up for Taipei, Saigon and the Kurds. If people in the Middle East have had plenty of time and plenty of US involvement to have their affairs in order sufficiently to handle their own problems without our direct involvement, why not East Asia, too? While we're at it, good luck to Poland and Estonia, and once we're clear of those swirling drains for US tax dollars, maybe the citizens of Germany can get a chance to live apart from Lady Liberty's teats and Uncle Sam's hardware.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 9 October 2019, 10:23
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
I dont trust Turkey. Not one bit. I wish we would stop selling them shit. They'll side with the Russians in a heartbeat.

They will side with whoever they think is going to come out on top. It's only been a couple of years since Turkey blew one of Russia's MIGs out of the sky so there's no love lost there.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 9 October 2019, 13:25
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
Depends on what Kurds and who they're affiliated with. It's not one huge monolithic group like most people in the US think...
I heard from a little bird these are the Maoist Kurds, and the “good” Kurds won’t be affected.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bið æghwæm þæt hē his frēond wrece, þonne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgþēowes
Old 10 October 2019, 19:00
Confirmed User

Sunni Turkey will help the Sunni Muslim ISIS
Old 10 October 2019, 19:23
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockville View Post
Sunni Turkey will help the Sunni Muslim ISIS
Which is why we should level that prison(s) where they're being held. We killed our way to victory in WWII, not sure why we can't do it now.
Old 10 October 2019, 19:51
Confirmed User

Can someone dumb it down to me the difference in the Kurds. I always thought, since after the first gulf war, there was only one group of Kurds we dealt with..

Our new posting rules