Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Professional Development and Education

Old 6 December 2017, 15:20
pumpin gas and kickin ass

50% off Professional Certification (PMP, Lean Six, Agile etc)

Silverbullet approved.

I have secured a 50% scholarship for veterans from my company for professional certification training (PMP, Lean Six, Agile, Digital Marketing etc).

Catalog is here: www.simplilearn.com

Coupon code is : VETS2017Fall

It is good till it hits the limit of 50 seats, then will get re-upped for Spring.

It is for single courses only, no exam fees (your GI Bill covers exam fees).

Professional certification should be thought of as PME in the civilian sector. It is a great alternative for veterans. Getting it completed will open up opportunity and get you access to interviews. Paying attention during the training, and actively re-learning civilian words for your military experience will get you language to speak to civilian hiring managers in those interviews and will let you advocate for yourself and articulate your own value.

Feel free to ask any questions here and I will do my best to promptly answer.

Make sure and do your research, there a slew of relevant free trainings in areas like Cybersecurity.
Old 6 December 2017, 17:16
Ungood

PMP, Lean Six, and Agile, is integrated in all technology-based jobs I've had since getting out of the military. This means they're highly coveted in regards to managerial roles. Thanks for sharing this, very cool of you to do so.
Old 6 December 2017, 18:10
pumpin gas and kickin ass

It's what I can do from the position I am in. The company is very military friendly.

If you are looking for buzzwords to explore, check out training listing page, with each broad technology category and a top 3 of individual courses in each.

https://www.simplilearn.com/corporat...course-listing

If you are active duty with about 6 months left, you should find out if the HOH Corporate Fellowship is being run on your base and do it. There is nothing better than a 90 day internship before you get out to concretely cement your transition.

Also, the training is all online, either self paced or virtual instruction on your laptop. We have heard very little complaint from the 400+ military Fellows we put through last year. It IS online training, but we have managed to make it not horrible.

Plus if you finish, it gives direct value in either new skill or resume bullet.
Old 6 December 2017, 18:46
Been There Done That

Thanks for posting this. Great work.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot

Our new posting rules