SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 27 December 2008, 17:27
Been There Done That

Israel hands Gaza its ass

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28397813/

Once again, the Palestinians are taught the simple metrics of "cause and effect".
Old 27 December 2008, 17:50
Confirmed User

"Hamas threatens to resume suicide attacks" Huh?

From the looks of that photo....it looks like Isreal took care of sending them to Allah already.
Old 27 December 2008, 17:52
Confirmed User

It's a good start.
Old 27 December 2008, 18:47
Banned User

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/mi...910425276.html
Old 27 December 2008, 19:04
Confirmed User

Hamas Police Stations??!! Wow....thats got to be something to see. I wonder if they do ride alongs?
Old 27 December 2008, 21:31
Confirmed User

You can't ride along on a rocket.
Old 27 December 2008, 21:37
Embrace the Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28397813/

Once again, the Palestinians are taught the simple metrics of "cause and effect".
Taught....But not yet Learnt..
Old 27 December 2008, 21:39
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

They need to bomb/rocket the water pumping installations (multi-year cross-thread points)....
Old 28 December 2008, 13:51
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
They need to bomb/rocket the water pumping installations (multi-year cross-thread points)....

Now why would the Israeli's do that? They control the flow. They just have to turn off the water.
Old 27 December 2008, 21:52
Custom User Title

Now that is just mean. At least they could have warned them over and over again that they would do this, have the PM go on Al-Jazeera and tell them retaliation was imminent, etc, etc.
Old 27 December 2008, 23:23
My Heroes Wear Camouflage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
Now that is just mean. At least they could have warned them over and over again that they would do this, have the PM go on Al-Jazeera and tell them retaliation was imminent, etc, etc.
Or have the UN write a letter, you know...using "strong" language.
Old 28 December 2008, 00:20
NOW WITH MORE MOLECULES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
Yeah, but before they get to that drastic step, they have to form a special committee discuss discussing where they should meet to plan the discussion to decide which color the napkins will be at the table where they discuss what color the paper said letter should be typed on, and which font they should use.

There are just too many variables, ya know?

Never fuck with a guy who wants to die in battle.
Old 28 December 2008, 11:03
Hard to Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
I think that was the last letter, we are now officially to the "Strongest of Language" level
Old 28 December 2008, 12:24
Been There Done That

Quote:
Oil futures are at the $35pb mark. While they surely won't stay there, I wonder if Iran has anything at all to have gained by pushing Hamas to piss off the Israelis? The problem with this, as with all conspiracy theories, is that not only does it require a complicated plan, but would the repercussions really serve the Iranians?

Anyway, I'm reaching and I admit it. I do think that with the economic woes in Iran that the easy temptation for their leadership might be to generate a sincere nationalist fervor -- at least amongst the majority of their citizenry, who are well-suited for the populist approach I mentioned. Whether that translates to Iran stoking a ME confrontation with Israel is certainly beyond the evidence that I have at my disposal....
I don't think that's too far fetched an idea. I'm never one to write off all too convenient coincidences. Also, think about if Israel has its hands full with a conflict with Hamas during their rapidly closing window of opportunity to strike Iranian nuclear facilities, it also benefits Tehran. And what do they lose if it is found out? They get a nasty letter from the U.N. secretary general? Its a win-win.
Old 28 December 2008, 14:56
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
I don't think that's too far fetched an idea. I'm never one to write off all too convenient coincidences. Also, think about if Israel has its hands full with a conflict with Hamas during their rapidly closing window of opportunity to strike Iranian nuclear facilities, it also benefits Tehran. And what do they lose if it is found out? They get a nasty letter from the U.N. secretary general? Its a win-win.
Or, conversely, Israel attacks Gaza with lots of shock and awe, but instead turns shock and awe into smoke and mirrors: LOOK OVER THERE <<<, haha, you missed it, where did that pile of rubble in Iran come from???

Don't think that the Gaza op is stretching Israel's capabilities. I'd bet that the timing of this op is somewhat influenced by the upcoming swearing in, and I'd also bet that that same swearing in influences any possible Iran op.

Just a thought.

Oh, and even Santa Claus gets a little batty when he visits the Middle East. I think Rudolph split:

Last edited by poison; 28 December 2008 at 15:02.
Old 27 December 2008, 22:11
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Oil futures are at the $35pb mark. While they surely won't stay there, I wonder if Iran has anything at all to have gained by pushing Hamas to piss off the Israelis? The problem with this, as with all conspiracy theories, is that not only does it require a complicated plan, but would the repercussions really serve the Iranians?

Anyway, I'm reaching and I admit it. I do think that with the economic woes in Iran that the easy temptation for their leadership might be to generate a sincere nationalist fervor -- at least amongst the majority of their citizenry, who are well-suited for the populist approach I mentioned. Whether that translates to Iran stoking a ME confrontation with Israel is certainly beyond the evidence that I have at my disposal....
Old 27 December 2008, 23:50
Been There Done That

Same old story new century, prepare Peacekeepers in about oh, say 90 days.
Old 27 December 2008, 23:54
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Good for Israel. GO JEWS!!

"Let us return to old times and that will be progress." - Verdi

"We are giants put on this Earth to rid it of evil and to keep all that is good." - Jack Horne
Old 28 December 2008, 02:56
BT,WBTWC

And not a single news account I have seen to date mentions the two Israeli school girls killed by the Hamas rocket attack last week that finally drove the Israeli government over the edge.
Old 28 December 2008, 06:50
hippies beware

But you sure notice the world in general, including the UN SecGen , ranting, raving, and "deeply concerned" about the violence that Isreal is "INSTAGATING" towards "the people of Gaza."

The Isreali Defense Minister was on CNN Intl. last night and the interviewer was coming off just short of chewing him out for turning to violence instead of returning to the negotiation table with Egypt. He responded beautifully...

"I am the Minister of Defense. It is my job and the responsibility falls on me to protect the people of Isreal. (spoken to the interviewer) If you had over 3000 rockets and mortars launched on YOU, during a "cease-fire," over the past 6 months, would you not expect, even demand, that your government respond? I WILL NOT ALLOW THESE ATTACKS TO REMAIN UNANSWERED. They left us with NO CHOICE!"

Good on you, sir.

I fucking hate the media.

SOTB, how much Clorox do you have left? I think we need to dump a few extra bottles into the pool.

OOC, out

"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain

"All that we see is perspective, not fact...All that we hear is opinion, not truth."
--Marcus Aurelius

"The time you spent typing and formatting this post would have been better spent hitting yourself in the face with a hammer."
--Jimbo

Wise old man--"That woman was SEXY!"
Young lad--"She's out of my league."
Wise old man--"Look...let women figure out why they wont sleep with you...dont do it for them."

Our new posting rules