SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 24 July 2013, 10:39
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoepoe
I'm not blind either, I know the US is Israel's patron, but am not certain how far the US would or should go on the ground. We can handle things, let us get on with it. Lebanon, Gaza, all the recent major operations, we were forced to stop by the US before we achieved anything.
I would wager that there is a better than average chance that in 10 years, you'l have less support than today. If you were ever going to call the US' bluff on supporting you, TODAY would be that day. Just get it done quick -- don't dick around and try to be magnanimous. Get your dozers to pushing and be done with it in a couple of weeks. Then turn around and be real apologetic and shit -- but point out that its all gone so why the fuss. Once some Kardashian shows her tush again on some Friday night, everything will be forgotten.
Quote:
I don't see why we need to hold on to 100% Arab populated areas in East Jerusalem....
+1. So look them in the eye and let them know they're either Israeli or evicted. Open up a Starbucks there, or some shit. Maybe a McDonalds and some Korean dry cleaners. End of 100% Arab population in two easy steps....
Old 24 July 2013, 10:50
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
I would wager that there is a better than average chance that in 10 years, you'l have less support than today. If you were ever going to call the US' bluff on supporting you, TODAY would be that day. Just get it done quick -- don't dick around and try to be magnanimous. Get your dozers to pushing and be done with it in a couple of weeks. Then turn around and be real apologetic and shit -- but point out that its all gone so why the fuss. Once some Kardashian shows her tush again on some Friday night, everything will be forgotten.+1. So look them in the eye and let them know they're either Israeli or evicted. Open up a Starbucks there, or some shit. Maybe a McDonalds and some Korean dry cleaners. End of 100% Arab population in two easy steps....
They can stay there IMO, I have no issue with that. Most of the areas where they live are so far out from the actual city it's in Jerusalem's municipal jurisdiction, but that's all. McDonalds already there :-)

H
Old 24 July 2013, 11:09
Been There Done That

Quote:
I would wager that there is a better than average chance that in 10 years, you'l have less support than today. If you were ever going to call the US' bluff on supporting you, TODAY would be that day. Just get it done quick -- don't dick around and try to be magnanimous...
This is one of the reasons pali's are in no hurry to negotiate. They feel that time and the world are on their side. And the negotiation agreement that concluded last Friday was only a face saving measure so Kerry wouldn't have to leave the M.E. with his tail tucked.
Old 24 July 2013, 11:43
On the Extract Bird

My very good friend Hoepoe and I differ a bit on this subject. I don't believe that there will be an agreement between the pals and Israelis for at least another generation. Their "leaders", the old guard, much like Arafat, simply cannot make this deal for the simple reason that for any agreement to be consummated, Israel would demand that there would be within said agreement a very clear and articulated "end of conflict" provision, which would inherently signify an end to future demands.
This is a deal breaker for them because they have for decades been promising their people that the "right of return" is sacrosanct, and non-negotiable.
Not going to happen.
Another of the many reasons we are at least a generation from resolving this issue is that the moment a palestinian state becomes a reality, the wheels start turning towards a Hamas takeover, much like what happened when Hamas violently threw Fatah from Gaza, and I'm pretty sure that there is no Israeli government ready to see Hamas set up shop a few kilometers from Israel's heartland, including a stone's throw from Ben-Gurion Int'll.
New details have emerged regarding Ehud Olmert's offer to Abu Mazen which not only highlight his naiveté and, well, stupidity, but also show, that by turning down pretty much everything they're demanding (minus full RoR), including half of Jerusalem for their Capitol, the palestinians proved once again that Israel's maximum offer can't measure up to the pals' minimum demands, which basically is the dissolution of the Jewish State of Israel.
They have never made any effort over the decades in preparing their people for living peacefully side-by-side next to the "descendants of apes and pigs", and until they do, to be reflected in their currently rabidly ant-Semitic education system, rabidly ant-Semitic summer camps for kids, and their rabidly anti-Semitic government controlled TV and radio, it's just not going to happen.
The vast majority of Israel's are ready to end this crap, even if it means a bogus pal state next door, but not at the price of National suicide.

Last edited by sabasarge; 24 July 2013 at 11:58.
Old 24 July 2013, 12:00
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabasarge View Post
My very good friend Hoepoe and I differ a bit on this subject. I don't believe that there will be an agreement between the pals and Israelis for at least another generation.
I didn't say when, but it has to be soon (not in 2000 years ;-) !) or Israel will implode.
Old 24 July 2013, 12:25
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
McDonalds already there....
Does it have a playground? Do you get the word out to latina mothers?

Because latinas LOVE to pamper their kids AND spend the entire morning gabbing at the MickyDs. Maybe you just haven't gotten the word to the right audience. Hit up the Mexican moms and you'll have the Palestinians begging you to put an end to double-parked minivans, kids shoes left everywhere in the restaurant, and 12yos playing on what is obviously a 5yo attraction.

There you have it -- peace in no time.

On the other hand, I have no suggestions for what to do with the latina moms. You won't get any help from the latino dads -- they'll just be happy its your problem now....
Old 24 July 2013, 12:43
Confirmed User

Quote:
Does it have a playground? Do you get the word out to latina mothers?

Because latinas LOVE to pamper their kids AND spend the entire morning gabbing at the MickyDs. Maybe you just haven't gotten the word to the right audience. Hit up the Mexican moms and you'll have the Palestinians begging you to put an end to double-parked minivans, kids shoes left everywhere in the restaurant, and 12yos playing on what is obviously a 5yo attraction.

There you have it -- peace in no time.

On the other hand, I have no suggestions for what to do with the latina moms. You won't get any help from the latino dads -- they'll just be happy its your problem now....
Whatever works, right?

:-)
Old 24 July 2013, 13:21
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoepoe View Post
I didn't say when, but it has to be soon (not in 2000 years ;-) !) or Israel will implode.
Maybe אחי, but for now the ball's in their court. Contrary to the views of that brain-dead elitist Kerry, or the rest of the State Dept, it's not about how many more concessions Israel can make just in order to get the pals to the table, it's about when will they decide that the welfare of their people overrides their dreams of replacing Israel with one big Islamic State, which we all know would welcome its' Jewish citizens with open arms.
Hell, they've already made it explicitly clear that if and when they get their State, it MUST be Judenrein.
Sorry, but I'll take my chances with the status quo, as imperfect as that is, and wait for a generation fed up with typical Arabic rhetoric, the generation that'll want to join the 21st century, make a good living and give a future to their children.
Meanwhile, me, my sons, and my grandkids will continue putting on the uniform while we wait.
....and wait.
Old 24 July 2013, 14:22
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
....I've been there, seen both sides...and check this out...I can think for myself.......
Ahhh, you've BEEN there. Well, why didn't you say so, that changes everything.

In the meantime, we'll be waiting for you to provide some proof to back up that shit you spouted.
Oh, one event back in 2008 you say. Well, that certainly equals, among other things, the daily rock attacks on Israeli cars that you never hear about, and that have caused numerous car accidents, some of which have been fatal.
But....you've BEEN there.
Right.

You know zip about the facts on the ground, and it's from that zip that you form your ignorant opinions
Old 24 July 2013, 14:58
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
I lived there for 3 years and my sole purpose for being there was because of the conflict. I ran just about every road and spent time in just about every town in the place.

Quote:
In the meantime, we'll be waiting for you to provide some proof to back up that shit you spouted.
Oh, one event back in 2008 you say. Well, that certainly equals, among other things, the daily rock attacks on Israeli cars that you never hear about, and that have caused numerous car accidents, some of which have been fatal.
I'm looking for an article from a major news source instead of posting something from the Pali media, since you'll no doubt discount it. I was in-country when it happened and it was confirmed, I assure you.

As for rock attacks, I'm well aware of the rock attacks on both sides. Our intel reports were pretty damn thorough and unbiased. Shootings, stabbings, beatings, etc were all fairly common...again, from both sides.

If you go back and read ANY of my posts regarding the Israel-Palestinian conflict, you'll see that I've never claimed the Pali's are blameless. I simply refuse to let you paint your propaganda picture. BOTH sides do their fair share of bullshit, and it's mainly coming from the more extreme elements on both sides. It's not the average Israeli or the average Pali, no matter how much you want us to believe that the average Pali wants to shed as much Jewish blood as possible. And the average Israeli is pretty sympathetic to the Pali situation and aren't looking to bulldoze their homes to get rid of them...no matter how badly the Pali's want to portray them.

Quote:
You know zip about the facts on the ground, and it's from that zip that you form your ignorant opinions
If you say so.

I'm curious. Do you live in the West Bank/Judea and Samaria Area or have family who does?
Old 24 July 2013, 15:30
Administrator

Quote:

But....you've BEEN there.
Right.

I'm tired of your BS. Take a month off.
Old 24 July 2013, 15:56
BTDT

Israel will get even less support if Joe American public does some research into the companies and hardware that are spying on them 24/7. Companies like Comverse, Verint, Narus, NICE, PerSay, Checkpoint, etc...

P

WHO lauds lockdown-ignoring Sweden as a ‘model’ for countries going forward.

By Jackie Salo, NY Post

April 29, 2020 | 3:24pm

Next...

Old 26 July 2013, 18:40
Rocket Man

Don't forget Wally World and a few strip clubs for good measure! We will surely wait to long and in my opinion already have, kinda like Syria. Our new foreign policy should read...the U.S. solemnly swears it will be as reactive as possible with our super efficient bureaucracy. We will always do what is in the interest of the administration in power and not the American people.

Our new posting rules