SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Gear, Survival and Fieldcraft

Old 16 September 2018, 09:20
The Sagacious One

All this talk about SOG bags drove me to their site. I remember when they made a badass bag just like the 5.11 RUSH 72 and they sold at walmart for about $40. They have followed suit in the myth of "greyamn, don't kill me" bag for well into the $200's.
Old 17 September 2018, 14:10
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
Kryptek 70L duffle: https://kryptek.com/adventure-duffel

Size of the bag may limit my use, but I'd pay twice as much for the same thing in 45-50L (and a few tweaks) and use it all the time.

DaveP
I've got an older version of this, and it works pretty well. my zipper is exposed to the elements, so I don't consider it well protected, but it carries well.

HH 50L duffle
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 17 September 2018, 22:01

^^
Well, there you go - thanks, KW!
Options from 30-90L, that 50L is the sweet spot. Have you been happy with the 'waterproofing' for general use; is the flap lip something your model doesn't have?

I'm also looking at Marmot's Long Hauler; the medium's a 50L, same large flap access, backpack config; downsides appear no longer handles and no tacticool Goji Berry color option.

'Tween this thread and the 10mm, my impulse control is being sorely tested.
DaveP
Old 17 September 2018, 22:27
Been There Done That

I have no flap protection on my zipper, and it’s not tape sealed or apparently waterproof in any way. My backpack straps tuck into the zippered flap. I’ve never used them.

So... durable yes, waterproof except for intrusion through the zipper, yeah. I haven’t gotten it wet to test the zipper though.

Mine has grab straps sewn onto each end, so I can carry it vertically from either end, vs what looks like on top at the ends.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Our new posting rules