SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Company Vetting and RFI

Old 24 August 2018, 23:15
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTrigger View Post
Honestly not good at all, But it could be worth looking into. I have taken one so far and I think I was having a hard time communicating with the professor on due dates, projects, etc. I was doing that online class, with regular classes, and working full time. Not like it was too much or anything just hard to keep track of that, deal with family nonsense, everything else all at once. Also I decided to take some more difficult classes according to my wife.

Are online classes able to be done easily while deployed? I guess I just didn't think there would be enough time to do that kind of thing.
Just so we can say it got said the "deal with family nonsense" got my attention.

Not sure of your background, but if you can make school, wife, family, work stay at home.

This shit does not pay like it once did.

If you can make it work at home and want to be there stay.

I am picking up on that "I need to leave, this shit is cool, my family will be fine", vibe.

Or tell me to shut my sewer.

It don't come easy.--Ringo Starr

"And all that remains is the faces and the names of the wives and the sons and the daughters."--Gordon Lightfoot.
Old 25 August 2018, 01:25
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTrigger View Post
Honestly not good at all, But it could be worth looking into. I have taken one so far and I think I was having a hard time communicating with the professor on due dates, projects, etc. I was doing that online class, with regular classes, and working full time. Not like it was too much or anything just hard to keep track of that, deal with family nonsense, everything else all at once. Also I decided to take some more difficult classes according to my wife.

Are online classes able to be done easily while deployed? I guess I just didn't think there would be enough time to do that kind of thing.
You should have a couple hours every day at training to work on schooling as well. Very few days were more than 8 hours. Even with an hour + in the gym after classes were done, we still had to find things to occupy the time.
Old 25 August 2018, 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatmedic View Post
Just so we can say it got said the "deal with family nonsense" got my attention.

Not sure of your background, but if you can make school, wife, family, work stay at home.

This shit does not pay like it once did.

If you can make it work at home and want to be there stay.

I am picking up on that "I need to leave, this shit is cool, my family will be fine", vibe.

Or tell me to shut my sewer.

I could definitely make everything work while doing this job if that is what you are saying. My wife doesn't like our living situations just as much as me. She wants to get away from family, etc. She probably wants me gone even more haha. Shes really the only thing I have here and that would make me stay but I think she knows that I cant stay here anymore and I have to do something interesting with my life instead of build chimneys for shit money.
Old 25 August 2018, 12:40
Been There Done That

Don't recall sending my tourist passport to either of the companies I've worked for, just the completed and signed applications.

As for school and first deployment conflicting, once you get to the point of talking deployments with your PM, just communicate and let them know what's up. Unless they are really sucking for guys at that point, you should be able to delay deploying until the semester is over. Again, my experience, but PM's will typically be as flexible as they can be, provided you communicate with plenty of warning. Obviously operational concerns come first, but outside of that they will do their best to make it work (YMMV).

Our new posting rules