Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8 March 2014, 12:45

Green Platoon for Warrants.

Good morning members!

I am a former Force Recon Marine and have spent the last decade doing contract work. I took a break a few years ago to go to Flight School through the National Guard (too old for Army and other services) and flew MEDEVAC helicopters in Iraq.
I still do contract work but am putting my packet together for the 160th. I would appreciate any CURRENT INFO from CURRENT or RECENT MEMBERS. Sorry about that but I am 42 years old with two decades of SOF experience and don't really need some high school kid's advice because he watched Black Hawk Down or Lone Survivor.
My question regarding Green Platoon revolves around my two herniated discs. My Doc says surgery is elective at this point as long as I can run and ruck.
I am not trying to War Game this or get someone to violate OPSEC but I would like to know whether I should get surgery prior to my packet if you guys are getting smoked every day for 6 months (log PT, long runs, rucking, etc.) or if I can put it off as I have no issues with daily PT.
Thanks to you all for your service and support. Especially the families.

Respectfully,
Ramadi Taxi Driver

Our new posting rules