SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 10 February 2015, 08:22
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCOM View Post
This shit-attitude has sadly crept into our military, bent on acquiescing to the whims of Liberal social experimentation and "lowered standards."
Rest of article at above link.
Mediocrity in certain professions can be fatal. I know a lot of people hated Armageddon, but I thought it was hilarious. Rockhound's one-liners, classic. Also, he's the poster child for why most geniuses can't be - "normal". Although he didn't say it, this line in the movie is so intrinsically on point - "I know the president's chief scientific advisor, we were at MIT together. And, in a situation like this, you-you really don't wanna take the advice from a man who got a C- in astrophysics. The president's advisors are, um... wrong... and I'm right."

IMO we have a leadership crisis in this country, and it's pervasive not only in DC. Temple University basketball Coach John Chaney when asked which he preferred, a student-athlete that was a "project or an attitude", he said hands down he preferred a project. This overemphasis or conflation of test scoring with competency and ambition (to get it done right) is faulty thinking and can be fatal thinking. I know 3 student geniuses. 2 are now professors - one in Texas, one in Central Florida -with the third working at a Cort Rental Furniture in the Midwest. Nothing will motivate the third to utilize his intelligence & aptitude in a higher contribution. Would I trust him in a pinch to problem solve? In other words, out in the real world, I would be much more worried in the mediocrity of aptitude and ambition than I would be in the mediocrity of intelligence.

Ideally, management should have all 4 -intelligence, aptitude, top-notch skills, and hardcore ambition but, as per Coach Chaney, I would rather have the latter two vice attitude (most attitude comes from an "intelligence/aptitude entitlement" philosophy). Titles and net worth also influence attitudes, but that's a whole other level of "human capital" utilization incompetence.

You can be mediocre in intelligence determined by standardized testing, but be outstanding in other life skills criteria. Placement of a person in the right task for their aptitude, ambition, learned skills, and intelligence used to be an ability the military excelled at - as per historical data. The culture of PCism permeating certain job sectors is disastrous.
Old 10 February 2015, 08:58
Confirmed User

Quote:
More Progressive agenda for your consumption this Monday. I thought the purpose of school was to educate, not indoctrinate.

School quiz: Conservatives believe helping poor ‘is a waste of money’

http://eagnews.org/school-quiz-conse...aste-of-money/
The People's Cube is a joke, right? I have never seen it.

I have examples of well over 100 mistakes in textbooks. When I confronted the Chief Academic Officer of one of the top 5 largest school districts in the country, in a meeting I had with them, a school board member, and two witnesses (one witness was mine, one was theirs - evidence of our mutual lack of trust), relative to the blatant mistake in APUSH (Advanced Placement United States History) the response was "not my responsibility, the College Board takes care of Advanced Placement courses". Huge mistake by the CAO which repercussions are still ongoing.

The "passing the buck" mentality and practicum in the current failing policy of education needs to stop. The fallacious textbooks need to be removed. Teachers need to be incentived properly. Parents need to understand they are where children first develop an appreciation for education. Parents need to be welcomed back into classrooms. Students need to experience an environment that encourages the highest development of their interests while making them recognize study, repetition, and boredom play a part in life - get over it, you still have to achieve. And, maybe, its OK if the teacher motivates a student by telling them to pick the one person in the classroom they want to be better than - competition is good, etc. etc.

Last edited by TJ2JM1783; 10 February 2015 at 09:05.
Old 20 February 2015, 14:07
Been There Done That

Students Get Extra Credit If They Attend Anti-Walker Protest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ2JM1783 View Post

... the response was "not my responsibility, the College Board takes care of Advanced Placement courses". Huge mistake by the CAO which repercussions are still ongoing.
Yes, the cube is a massive, sarcastic joke. But the lessons on that cube are very real.

Advanced Placement courses? LOL. What colleges offer these days in coursework is disgusting--and the kids with degrees in shit like 18th Century LGBT Studies are pissed because they can't get a job?

Here's a recent example: http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/21322/

ATTEND ANTI-WALKER RALLY AND GET EXTRA CREDIT, ENGLISH PROFESSOR TELLS STUDENTS
Old 20 February 2015, 15:00
Confronting the Reckoning

Quote:
I have examples of well over 100 mistakes in textbooks. When I confronted the Chief Academic Officer of one of the top 5 largest school districts in the country, in a meeting I had with them, a school board member, and two witnesses (one witness was mine, one was theirs - evidence of our mutual lack of trust), relative to the blatant mistake in APUSH (Advanced Placement United States History) the response was "not my responsibility, the College Board takes care of Advanced Placement courses". Huge mistake by the CAO which repercussions are still ongoing.
Frequently these high school texts are written by an academic services company contracted by the publisher, which in turn subcontracts out sections or chapters to freelance writers, some of whom are adjuncts and some of who, are simply professional writers...infrequently SME. A friend who is in this industry tells of rampant plagiarism and copying from Wikipedia. I myself busted a scholar with an academic press who had chunks of his (college level textbook) copied from Wikipedia when I reviewed the work prior to publication (I've never seen it come out).
Old 22 February 2015, 23:15
Been There Done That

Lib/Dem/Progressive Agenda in School Work

Like a maggot slowly eating its way through flesh, those pesky Libs/Dems/Progressives never rest in trying to indoctrinate America's kids....

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/8th-...ay-citizenship

8th Grader Gets 'A' for Saying Republicans are Destroying 'Pathway to Citizenship'

"Democrats want immigrants to come in and Republicans don't."

An 8th-grade Wisconsin student received an "A" from his social studies teacher for answers to a politically charged classroom assignment that suggested Republicans are destroying the "pathway to citizenship" for immigrants.

Teacher Gracie Davis gave her students a handout that included an editorial cartoon titled "The Pathway to Citizenship" from the Chattanooga Times Free Press showing two brick layers paving a walkway -- one with dark skin wearing a Democrat donkey logo, the other man, white, wearing a Republican elephant logo. While the implied immigrant is securing his bricks to the ground, the white Republican is removing the bricks and tossing them over his shoulder.

Davis instructed her students to use the cartoon to answer these questions:

-Who are the men in the picture (What is their job? Look at what they are doing for a hint.
-What are they building?
-What do the symbols on their shirts represent?
-What is action being done by each man?
-What might this mean to us about immigration and citizenship?

The student was able to answer the questions to Davis's satisfaction. His answers to the last two were, "The Democrat is building, the Republican is destroying" and "Democrats want immigrants to come in and Republicans don't."

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pathway.jpg (29.3 KB, 470 views)
File Type: jpg sheet.jpg (34.7 KB, 469 views)
Old 23 February 2015, 01:10
War on Christmas veteran

Is this part of the curriculum or just something one teacher did on her own?

I miss the days when people were outraged at more important national news stories... like whether a veteran had the right to break his homeowner's association contract.

LRSD rhymes with thirsty

"The only rational patriotism is loyalty to the nation all the time,
and loyalty to the government when it deserves it."

-- Mark Twain

"I intend to live forever, or die trying."
--Groucho Marx
Old 23 February 2015, 01:45
Confirmed User

this i how it works, they start with the kids.....
Old 23 February 2015, 07:55
Been There Done That

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinfist View Post
this i how it works, they start with the kids.....
Definitely. Here's an extreme example:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-children-as-/

Islamic State video shows training of children as young as 5
Old 23 February 2015, 10:11
Been There Done That

That picture of the 8th grade student's reply says more than the answer to the quiz about the level of an 8th grader's sophistication.

"For the mission, then. As long as he functions, I will humor him."
"If you don't humor him, you may find out how well he functions."
Old 25 February 2015, 23:57
Confronting the Reckoning

Would that be Naples?

Quote:

The "passing the buck" mentality and practicum in the current failing policy of education needs to stop. The fallacious textbooks need to be removed. Teachers need to be incentived properly. Parents need to understand they are where children first develop an appreciation for education. Parents need to be welcomed back into classrooms. Students need to experience an environment that encourages the highest development of their interests while making them recognize study, repetition, and boredom play a part in life - get over it, you still have to achieve. And, maybe, its OK if the teacher motivates a student by telling them to pick the one person in the classroom they want to be better than - competition is good, etc. etc.
Something about this popped up in the news I read...sounds like you fought with sunlight. Keep it up.
Old 2 March 2015, 00:25
Been There Done That

Lightbulb ‘Data Mining’ Survey School Gave To Students As Young As Fifth Grade

It sounds like they are trying to plumb who might be at risk for drugs/suicide/psychological problems. The question I find most troubling is ‘have either of your parents served in Iraq or Afghanistan”? What business is that of theirs? There seems to be an implicit assumption that that service is problematic, and your military parents must be psychologically unwell.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/indi...r-old-students

Indiana Parents Furious Over School Survey For 12-Year-Old Students

school survey given to children as youg as 12 have left parents irate over questions that included whether "people in my family have serious arguments."

The survey of middle school students asked numerous questions about drugs and alcohol, including "At what age did you first use...?

Cigarettes
Alcohol (beer, wine, liquor, wine coolers)
Marijuana (pot, hash, weed, kush, Mary Jane)
Inhalants (whip-its, huffing, aerosol spray can, etc.)
Vivoxiline (Vivo)
Prescription drugs (like OxyContin)

The survey also asked if they felt things were "hopeless" and did students consinder or "make a plan" to commit suicide.

But it was the personal questions about family life that irks parents. The students were asked to rate how true some statements were, including: "We argue about the same things in my family over and over" and "People in my family often insult or yell at each other."

“They crossed the line when they entered the home,” said Michelle Bracewell told a local TV station, Fox59. "Those are personal questions, and if I want people to know what’s going on inside my home, I’ll let them know."

Facebook quickly filled with parents calling the survey an “issue of rights,” and others calling the survey “data mining, and a 100% violation of privacy and trust," Fox59 said.

While schools told the children the survey was optional and confidential, a new program asked for the students to include their birth dates and initials. "It’d be very easy to go back and look at a birthdate and initials and see who the child was," Bracewell said.

Old 2 March 2015, 18:38
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armitage12 View Post
Frequently these high school texts are written by an academic services company contracted by the publisher, which in turn subcontracts out sections or chapters to freelance writers, some of whom are adjuncts and some of who, are simply professional writers...infrequently SME. A friend who is in this industry tells of rampant plagiarism and copying from Wikipedia. I myself busted a scholar with an academic press who had chunks of his (college level textbook) copied from Wikipedia when I reviewed the work prior to publication (I've never seen it come out).
PEARSON has its ownership problems. PEARSON and McGraw Hill have their accuracy problems. It is necessary that each state Department of Education, legislature, and school board are vigilant to the contracts they sign regarding textbooks and supporting material. There is a decisively global feel to the US History and World History textbooks being used in America’s classrooms.

Data mining is a very serious comingling of “value” between big business and big brother. While I find the privacy issue offensive as an adult, I find it intolerable and myself increasingly hostile to the continued legislation being brought forth by both state and federal elected officials to cement the relationship to include data mining of student information. We all know it is a multi-billion dollar industry. Parents are waking up – the Student Success Act was pulled and the APlus Act is still slated for hearing. In Florida, the education “mafia” is finding it hard to keep bandaging faulty education bills in order to save the reputation of legislators who passed crap bills to begin with. School board members like to call data mining surveys "interest inventories". After all, the school district is innocently attempting to get to know the "whole child".

While not curriculum, public education (public instruction) in the United States, provides tremendous encouragement to improvise and enrich in the classroom. On paper, such methodology seems to highlight individualization and caring, but in reality it provides administrative “excuse” for lack of formative facts being necessary. We have an educational environment where facts are indeed not necessary and can be construed as stifling creativity, individualization, and innovation in the classroom. It is a campaign of incremental social reinvention. And, yes, it has been incrementally employed in classrooms since the 1970’s. Now, in its newest manifestation, teachers can, instead of literature in English Language Arts, force students to read President Obama’s Executive Order on Amnesty or a manual on composting or . .

There is a parent, student, school website called wwwDOTclassjumpDOTcom wherein you can see the syllabuses, testing, textbooks, and glossaries of classes – anything from high school Advanced Placement to grade school art and music. It is a free site for teachers who want to use it to assist in their classroom instruction organization and communication.

You can go on there all day and get definitions:

Nationalist Extremism = Fanatic belief that your nation/ethnic group is better than others/neighboring – usually found in developing nations frustrated by income disparity. (This definition was from 2013-14 and was being taught prior to DOS Barbie’s #ISISJobs.)

Liberalism = Political philosophy willing to respect or accept behavior or opinions different from one’s own.

Conservatism = Political philosophy not willing to change or to be innovative, more often than not belief is in traditional values.

Crusade = Series of Military campaigns where Roman Catholics tried to capture the “Holy Land” from Muslims.

Al-Qaeda = International Islamic fundamentalist organization created to reduce outside influence upon Islamic affairs. Some classify it as an International terrorist organization.

Armenian genocide – Young Turk leaders killed millions and sent hundreds of Armenians to Russia and the Middle East to cover up the blunders and reverses on the Russian Front.

Republic = State or country that is led by people who do not base their political power on any principle beyond the control of the people living in that state or country.

Democracy = Form of government in which policy is decided by the preference of the majority in a decision-making process, usually elections or referendums, open to all or most citizens.

Mikhail Gorbachev = Soviet leader who brought an end to the Cold War through his foreign policy.

Radicalism = Democratic movement that called for liberalism and extended rights.

The 8th grader’s response was terrible for many reasons. Besides the political manipulation, the writing is atrocious and shows little thought or concern for clarity.

No, not Naples, but I probably know to whom or what you are referring.
Old 2 March 2015, 20:40
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:

Nationalist Extremism = Fanatic belief that your nation/ethnic group is better than others/neighboring – usually found in developing nations frustrated by income disparity. (This definition was from 2013-14 and was being taught prior to DOS Barbie’s #ISISJobs.)

Liberalism = Political philosophy willing to respect or accept behavior or opinions different from one’s own.

Conservatism = Political philosophy not willing to change or to be innovative, more often than not belief is in traditional values.

Crusade = Series of Military campaigns where Roman Catholics tried to capture the “Holy Land” from Muslims.

Al-Qaeda = International Islamic fundamentalist organization created to reduce outside influence upon Islamic affairs. Some classify it as an International terrorist organization.

Armenian genocide – Young Turk leaders killed millions and sent hundreds of Armenians to Russia and the Middle East to cover up the blunders and reverses on the Russian Front.

Republic = State or country that is led by people who do not base their political power on any principle beyond the control of the people living in that state or country.

Democracy = Form of government in which policy is decided by the preference of the majority in a decision-making process, usually elections or referendums, open to all or most citizens.

Mikhail Gorbachev = Soviet leader who brought an end to the Cold War through his foreign policy.

Radicalism = Democratic movement that called for liberalism and extended rights.
W

T

F

That just sickens me to no end. Wow what a disgrace!
Old 2 March 2015, 21:30
War on Christmas veteran

Quote:
There is a parent, student, school website called wwwDOTclassjumpDOTcom wherein you can see the syllabuses, testing, textbooks, and glossaries of classes – anything from high school Advanced Placement to grade school art and music. It is a free site for teachers who want to use it to assist in their classroom instruction organization and communication.

You can go on there all day and get definitions:

The 8th grader’s response was terrible for many reasons. Besides the political manipulation, the writing is atrocious and shows little thought or concern for clarity.

No, not Naples, but I probably know to whom or what you are referring.
Okay... I had to see it to believe it, but I don't see it.
I joined that site and registered as a teacher.
I can't find these definitions.
Where are they on this site?

LRSD rhymes with thirsty

"The only rational patriotism is loyalty to the nation all the time,
and loyalty to the government when it deserves it."

-- Mark Twain

"I intend to live forever, or die trying."
--Groucho Marx
Old 3 March 2015, 04:30
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Five Romeo View Post
Okay... I had to see it to believe it, but I don't see it.
I joined that site and registered as a teacher.
I can't find these definitions.
Where are they on this site?
B5R,

Thanks. Sent via PM. Did the Al Qaeda get you? It did the school member we showed it to, to his credit. "Some people"?

As per my previous statement(s), you will need to go class by class. If you want to do a service, start with schools and teachers in the New York area. I would be interested in seeing what you find.
Old 3 March 2015, 05:07
Confirmed User

I just revisited some classes, focusing on APUSH -Advanced Placement United States History - paying particular attention to the Fall of Communism. Yes, it is minutiae work. Multiple sites, Reagan left out of paradigm. Check out your own city/state.
Old 3 March 2015, 07:07
Been There Done That

Lightbulb

The indoctrination of America’s youth is the only way the government can affect those changes needed to garner compliance (AKA Control). These changes take time, and like a good counterinsurgency-it is progressing.

Today’s educational environment is vastly different than the one I was exposed to in the 60s/70s. School children today are inculcated that their parents can’t give them proper nutrition, so they MUST be fed properly in government school facilities.

These innocent children are taught government lies (remember POTUS saying the “science is settled”?) about Global Warming/Climate Change by a government that knows that these impressionable kids will accept what the teacher says over what their parents say. The Leftist/Progressive/Socialist teachers are aware that these young minds have respect for their all-knowing teacher.

These innocent children are now taught that same-sex activities are the “norm” in modern America. Their minds cannot comprehend that homosexual relationships can’t produce children biologically.

These innocent children are inculcated very early that guns are bad. They are banned from schools for even making hand gestures or a Pop-Tart that resembles a gun. How many of our youth watch their parents cleaning weapons and immediately conjure up images of suffering, because the family legally owns guns? The survey noted above is merely an expanded version of the "See something, Say something" campaign foisted/propagated by DHS.

The narrative of changing the meaning of words is very stealthy. How many parents read their innocent children's texts?

This inculcation mission will continue. Children will be taught that stocking up on food is bad. They will be encouraged to tell their all-knowing teachers about food/water storage and any weapons/ammunition that Dad might have.

It's all for the children.....
Old 3 March 2015, 10:37
Confirmed User

Quote:
The indoctrination of America’s youth is the only way the government can affect those changes needed to garner compliance (AKA Control). These changes take time, and like a good counterinsurgency-it is progressing.

Today’s educational environment is vastly different than the one I was exposed to in the 60s/70s. School children today are inculcated that their parents can’t give them proper nutrition, so they MUST be fed properly in government school facilities.

These innocent children are taught government lies (remember POTUS saying the “science is settled”?) about Global Warming/Climate Change by a government that knows that these impressionable kids will accept what the teacher says over what their parents say. The Leftist/Progressive/Socialist teachers are aware that these young minds have respect for their all-knowing teacher.

These innocent children are now taught that same-sex activities are the “norm” in modern America. Their minds cannot comprehend that homosexual relationships can’t produce children biologically.

These innocent children are inculcated very early that guns are bad. They are banned from schools for even making hand gestures or a Pop-Tart that resembles a gun. How many of our youth watch their parents cleaning weapons and immediately conjure up images of suffering, because the family legally owns guns? The survey noted above is merely an expanded version of the "See something, Say something" campaign foisted/propagated by DHS.

The narrative of changing the meaning of words is very stealthy. How many parents read their innocent children's texts?

This inculcation mission will continue. Children will be taught that stocking up on food is bad. They will be encouraged to tell their all-knowing teachers about food/water storage and any weapons/ammunition that Dad might have.

It's all for the children.....
This is precisely what subversion is and what it looks like.
Old 8 March 2015, 19:44
Confirmed User

Changing factual history.New York Times crops out Laura and G.W. Bush from Selma march.

B5R, you have admit there is something wrong with this. Is any part of history factual? Should it be normal, reasonable, and customary to engage in subjective interpretation, i.e. Reagan and the Fall of Communism?
Old 8 March 2015, 20:08
Calix Meus Inebrians

Quote:
Changing factual history.New York Times crops out Laura and G.W. Bush from Selma march.
Did they intentionally crop out President and Laura Bush, or did they just use another picture? There were only a couple thousand taken at the event.

Our new posting rules