SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 16 September 2001, 02:43
At the sharp end

Exclamation Recce Patrol...

I know everyone is concentrating on the current tragic events in the U.S. but I will post this up.
39 Brigade is now focusing on Patroling for this training season. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts, information, or links to good websites or Manuels. We were able to generate alot of interesting and stimulating discussions on FIBUA/MOUT last year and I hope we can see this again. I hope some people with experience can contribute to make this a good discussion.
Old 17 September 2001, 18:11
Confirmed User

Anybody else have their training schedule cut in half by budget cuts? The annual 39 Brigade concentration being the the most noticeable cut....
Personally, my biggest fear of this is that the enemy force will negligible. Nothing makes an ex more pointless than a non-existent enemy.
Old 17 September 2001, 18:30
Authorized Personnel

Looking at our training this year I'd have to say probably. No ARCON for one, but they did run Comms courses and we're finally running a drivers course starting soon. This weekend w've got an Offensive Operations Ex; advance to contact and patrols at night. I'm not really sure what to expect having just done Phase 2. All the Ex's I've done with my unit have been pretty low intensity.

As far as patrolling goes I can't think of too many things on the internet to look at. Maybe the Ranger Handbook but thats American. http://www.benning.army.mil/rtb/rang...OFCONTENTS.htm
Old 17 September 2001, 19:39
Confirmed User

Didn't 39Bde just have Ex Seahawk? How did that go?

WRT enemy force. 33 Bde has changed the focus of having CSS enemy force on exercises to having full force-on-force training against other 33 Bde units. There is talk that simunition may come into play as well.
Old 17 September 2001, 21:43
At the sharp end

Unhappy

Enfield, I also got word that Cougar Salvo was cut. I guess I am going to do my best to get on ROTO and play with the Regs. Gotta love the Mo....
Old 18 September 2001, 10:53
Confirmed User

Ranger Handbook!

Sua Sponte
Old 18 September 2001, 12:36
Authorized Personnel

Yeah yeah, I got that link off you a while back.

Our new posting rules