SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 13 September 2001, 19:35
....so can i dig myself deeper?

An honest question, or two.

Okay, I've been in the reserves for over three years so that means i can apply for JTF2 right? Also, do chicks in Ottawa have like a secret radar so they gravitate towards JTF guys. And do i get to pick my own cover name and rank. Those combats are really cool, as well as the custom LSVWs. I had a friend who went on secret operations in the West Pacific hunting drug barons. And if you get in JTF does that mean you can plan your own exercises, cause my unit ex's are shit. Is there a JTF1, like 21 SAS cause I was told that JTF1 goes on secret missions for CSIS and the CSE. And like is there a JTF pretraining program cause I can run 4 miles in like 29 minutes, and i did a half marathon once. But when i go on my six day i really want to know what to expect. And like should i read Seven Pillars of Wisdom, or Book of Five Rings. That stuff can't be important though because I've read Chris Ryan's and Andy McNab's books, isn't he great.. Is it true JTF guys get steroids with there breakfast. And can they go on freefall, or master sniper. Can they also try out for International units, cause I think that trident thing is really cool. Also do JTF guys have a special badge or something, like do they wear wings with a gold leaf or sand berets with Airborne Cap Badges. Those Airborne guys are cool, I wish I could be just like that guy that drove his truck through 3PPCLI HQ. And they get all the keen kit too, like can they sign out NVG's on their Permanent Issue cards, and where do they get their assault vests, because I want to practice my ten mile run in magnums with an assault vest, I've already bought an MP5SD3 from Airsoft, and I think it's really cool.

Thank you very much, and could only real JTF guys respond.
Old 13 September 2001, 19:38

if you're scratching your head check out the delta board
Old 13 September 2001, 19:43
Crimson Guard

You mean the questions like, "Can I go Force Recon, Navy SEALs, and Delta all in one enlistment?"
Old 14 September 2001, 00:56
Authorized Personnel

Hey enderr, you may want to look out your windows and see if any black Suburbans are parked outside.

My instructors on Phase 2 this past summer liked to make fun of JTF 2 and Jump Coys a lot. I guess they're allowed, at least the Sgt that was Pathfinder Pl. for 6 years.
Old 14 September 2001, 09:03
Confirmed User

Hah...you are killing me. I always wanted to pump gas.
Old 14 September 2001, 13:31
archie
Visitor

you don't know a whole lot about the JTF do you? No real JTF guy is going to come on this website and start telling you shit. There is no JTF1 either, and they don't do secret missions for CSIS and CSE, maybe you should look into CSE a bit more. Why would a SIGINT agency require secret missions by a spec ops team.
Anyone in the infantry can get freefall, you have to me jump qualified and usually a pathfinder. Anyone can get their master sniper too, again you have to qualify as a sniper first, which is a feat within itself. JTF2 is so secretive for a reason, the sensitive nature of their work and security leaks can lose lives.
Old 14 September 2001, 14:13
Crimson Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by archie:
you don't know a whole lot about the JTF do you? No real JTF guy is going to come on this website and start telling you shit. There is no JTF1 either, and they don't do secret missions for CSIS and CSE, maybe you should look into CSE a bit more. Why would a SIGINT agency require secret missions by a spec ops team.
Anyone in the infantry can get freefall, you have to me jump qualified and usually a pathfinder. Anyone can get their master sniper too, again you have to qualify as a sniper first, which is a feat within itself. JTF2 is so secretive for a reason, the sensitive nature of their work and security leaks can lose lives.
Uh, the post was sarcastic in nature. Everyone knows JTF-2 wouldn't really post stuff on here.
Old 14 September 2001, 16:00
Authorized Personnel

BAHHH AHHH HAHA HA HA HA AHHHHH HA
Old 16 September 2001, 19:58
archie
Visitor

sorry bout that, listening to morse code all day has a drastic effect on the brain and its functions. You never can tell if someone is being sarcastic or not though, there has been people on the cdnarmy.ca site who have asked just those questions. Christ, don't I feel like a cherry now.
Old 23 September 2001, 13:49

whoa you mean there are other people out there just like me? Do you think they could like be my friends? I wonder if they all follow Chris Ryan's SAS Fitness Book, I was going to buy it but, I bought "not by strength, by guile" by Peter Mercer instead, cause everyone knows the SBS could kick the Hereford boys' ass' anytime they please.
Old 24 September 2001, 13:42
Authorized Personnel

I might go join the SAS. It would be pretty easy since I've read Fighting Skills of the SAS like 20 times. Maybe they'd let me skip selection and go right into being a DS.

Our new posting rules