SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Veterans Issues

Old 30 November 2016, 21:35
Never to old to learn

Thumbs up Changes in TRICARE 3 updates

I listed three UPDATES FROM TRICARE I have received. I did this instead posting each one separate.

# 1. Revised TRICARE Pharmacy Network Begins Dec. 1
DoD News, Defense Media Activi
ty

WASHINGTON, Nov. 30, 2016 — Walgreens pharmacies join the TRICARE retail pharmacy network on Dec. 1, 2016, while CVS pharmacies, including those in Target stores, will leave the network on the same day,

Link below to the article

http://links.govdelivery.com/track?t...ce=GovDelivery

#2 TRICARE Continues to Expand Coverage
November 29, 2016

TRICARE constantly seeks to improve health care coverage. Effective early December, we will expand TRICARE coverage to include the care and treatment of beneficiaries requiring an auditory osseointegrated implant (AOI) to non-active duty family members, and we will also cover the services and supplies needed to diagnose and treat illness or injury of the urinary system.

Read the full article here. http://links.govdelivery.com/track?t...coverage112916

#3 TRICARE and the Affordable Care Act
November 25, 2016

With the implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) in 2010, TRICARE beneficiaries have had questions about how it will affect them. The ACA and TRICARE are very different, governed by two different pieces of legislation so changes in one have no effect on the other

http://links.govdelivery.com/track?t...CAREandACA2016

Last edited by wildman43; 30 November 2016 at 21:36. Reason: wording
Old 1 December 2016, 19:05
Been There Done That

Don't know the complete impact of this or if it's even relevant. Went to CVS to fill a script after an oral surgery today. CVS said Tricare/express scripts or whatever cut ties with each other? Happened with Walgreens a couple years ago.

So, after filling scripts with CVS for 9 years I had to transfer all those meds to Rite Aid?

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 1 December 2016, 19:08

Wildman43
Excellent information and much appreciated. I'll be passing this on to the guys at our legion meeting tonight.

Our new posting rules