SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 8 May 2018, 10:43
Did...did I do that?

From an email list I'm on:

Quote:
He's going to become the president, which means he'll be the same figurehead Heston was. Unless somebody replaces Chris Cox or Wayne LaPierre, absolutely nothing is going to change.

The NRA president is the ceremonial Coronal; the other two serve as the Pontifex of NRA's Deep State. (Actually, LaPierre has lately grown more analogous to the King of Dreams, and unfortunately so towards his own membership.)
Old 8 May 2018, 10:46
Administrator

Sorry, I think this was a great move.

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Old 8 May 2018, 10:58
Been There Done That

I have had a warm spot in the heart for Oliver North ever since he raised his hand at the Iran-Contra hearings and basically said "I did it.." The entire left was bumfuzzeled for months.
Old 8 May 2018, 11:27
Make a desert and call it peace.

Very similar to the BSA thread, the purpose of the NRA "leadership" is to ensure their salaries get paid.

Frankly, the entire NRA senior leadership could be replaced with some pull toys that basically repeat "fuck you make me" over and over again in various forms and fashions.

We all know that it has to get worse before it gets better. The beginnings of the Boomer generational die off is here, the demographics are going to get dramatically and suddenly worse for voting freedom, and the courts will soon follow suit. It's going to come down to what it always boils down to. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 8 May 2018, 11:49
Confirmed User

In spite of all the jokes, I am seeing more and more articles about Millenials rejecting the central government control policies of the Democrats and many actually support gun ownership rights.

Maybe the pendulum is starting to swing and accelerated death rates of liberal baby boomers will help it pick up momentum.
Old 8 May 2018, 11:53
Professional Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
In spite of all the jokes, I am seeing more and more articles about Millenials rejecting the central government control policies of the Democrats and many actually support gun ownership rights.

Maybe the pendulum is starting to swing and accelerated death rates of liberal baby boomers will help it pick up momentum.
It could happen. Many of them don't actually know *why* they hate guns other than *because*. Much like kids who hate people they never actually had any dealings with...they simply hate vicariously because a friend of theirs hates someone.

There is a percentage that are open to rational explanations and can be shown the light. That's one of the reasons I don't like labeling groups. I take them one at a time and judge them on *their* actions and not when they were born....
Old 8 May 2018, 12:01
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Not sure I would hold that against him. He kept his mouth shut and fell on his sword, and a couple dozen more swords above him in an effort to protect Reagan and others. Although he takes the blame for a lot of the Iran Contra fiasco, anyone who thinks a LTC was doing all of that without a whole lot of supervision from above is on crack. We have very few Officers today who would be willing to do what North did.
That is some truth right there on your computer screen. People forget that he stood up and took the hit when others ran. I give respect for that.
Old 8 May 2018, 12:02
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
I want Charton Heston back!
That would be kind of gross. Just saying.
Old 8 May 2018, 19:39
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
I want Charton Heston back!
Too stiff and ridged and stuck in his hole.
Old 8 May 2018, 20:21
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post

My 16 and 17 year old niece and nephew are more conservative than I am.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 8 May 2018, 21:18
I really don't care

Give Dana Lesch a promotion!
Old 8 May 2018, 22:04
Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
Sorry, I think this was a great move.
As do I ... but I'd consider myself biased.
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Jeff Cooper
Old 10 May 2018, 10:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
My 16 and 17 year old niece and nephew are more conservative than I am.
My immediate first thought.

Old 10 May 2018, 11:14
Confirmed User

I asked my daughter if people walked out at her school to protest guns. Her reply was " just the idiots dad all 5 of them"

Our new posting rules