SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 10 July 2020, 19:59
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdeth View Post
I'm amazed by how openly what is essentially communism and commitment to burn down current society is discussed on social media now. It's kids of people I genuinely admire and friends of family, I have to wonder if I'm ever going to be able to converse with them again without asking WTF following this lockdown.

Besides feeling like this can't really be happening it's further compounded by the sheer ridiculousness around basic lack of knowledge in economics and political history. If they approached flying lessons with same logic we would be rid of all these people in a few hours. I am truly amazed on the daily by what I'm reading in regular conversations from people mostly under 30.
I have a similar situation with some friends and family. If I am honest it really bums me out.
Old 11 July 2020, 15:33
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
At this point in America, if you're not home schooling....they're not going to be your kids.
Truer words were never spoken.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 11 July 2020, 17:35
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlwithaGlock View Post
I think that what you are describing a direct result of all the issues surrounding higher education and learning trends that we have been discussing for many years in other threads. You are facing a generation whose primary source of economics and political history knowledge are posts and memes shared by bloggers, SJWs, and celebrities on Instagram and other social media outlets. Their perspective lacks depth because many of them are unable to actually study, comprehend, and master the subjects they are supposedly so passionate about. We have 27% of our fellow Americans who have not read one (!!!) book the during last year, and this is not as much as being a bookworm per se, but rather about lack of ability to focus on more than one meme worth of information at a time. And yet they think they “know things”...
And probably another 50% that have not read one book in the last 10 years.

Orwell and Bradbury were both prophets.
Old 11 July 2020, 20:35
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
And probably another 50% that have not read one book in the last 10 years.

I am guilty in the book reading departments. I read articles, blogs, not storys anymore..
I think the internet has been a permanent exit from the main highway of the library..
I need to start reading again. Not just snippets.
Old 11 July 2020, 21:08
Been There Done That

I am in the process of writing three book. And have come to the sad conclusion (though it is easier) to write them in more of a bullet comment format. Otherwise people will not really take the time to read.
Old 11 July 2020, 21:08
BTDT

Quote:

Aldus Huxley had a pretty reliable crystal ball as well.....
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old Yesterday, 02:04
Hard to Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Aldus Huxley had a pretty reliable crystal ball as well.....
What about Ayn Rand? Modern Day appears to be 12 months out from Atlas Shrugged.
Old Yesterday, 07:01
Shakin' the bush Boss

I'm sure all these books that predict the future will be deemed racist and removed from the shelves shortly and all you followers will be un-personed for having read them.
Old Yesterday, 07:08
been ***** **** that

I am looking forward to the days waking up to the morning glories and the hummingbirds , wafting in the pleasant aromas of the rain splashed flora and fauna, sipping tea as I write poetry and press wildflowers.....my inner wannabe warrior yearns for all of this....
Old Yesterday, 07:38
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
I am looking forward to the days waking up to the morning glories and the hummingbirds , wafting in the pleasant aromas of the rain splashed flora and fauna, sipping tea as I write poetry and press wildflowers.....my inner wannabe warrior yearns for all of this....
Yeah...I'll have a toke of that shit too
Old Yesterday, 07:40
Shakin' the bush Boss

Bongwater for breakfast again in Wisconsin.
Old Yesterday, 08:09
been ***** **** that

I must have put too much green into my hemp salad last night! My bad!
Old Yesterday, 08:52
Renuo Victima Esse

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
It's because of things like this that when I look at my 19 month old grandson, that I want to cry because of the world he is facing ahead of him. He is way too good to have to face that.
Old Yesterday, 09:07
Confirmed User

Quote:
I am in the process of writing three book. And have come to the sad conclusion (though it is easier) to write them in more of a bullet comment format. Otherwise people will not really take the time to read.
I have been jotting down ideas for something, book maybe but mainly for cathartic purposes, and because I more then likely won't be able to recall past events if I don't put to paper (Word Doc) now in some form.

Mostly just thoughts and blurbs that pop into my head at odd times of understanding and working through issues that are stuck on/in my mind.

Books are still really popular but in Audio form. Write the complete book and get onto an "Audible" like site.
Old Yesterday, 22:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
Yeah...I'll have a toke of that shit too
Don't Bogart....

Our new posting rules