SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

View Poll Results: How do you shoot?
One eye shut. 19 21.59%
Both eyes open. 37 42.05%
Other ( One for certain distances, two for CQB etc.) 33 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 July 2018, 07:03
Sardonic Fattist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
.......whichever way you can hit he fucking target. We get too caught up in the "way" we shoot and not "how well" we shoot. Weaver/isosoles, c-clamp grip, feet even or staggered, I couldn't give a fuck if you can put em in the middle fast. New shooters, I show them the textbook way, then adjust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Great post, that is my way of thinking also it works for you use it. ........I told him "She is hitting the target and is confident, let her shoot her way."
At the risk of sending the thread off topic, I have agree with the above.
Example. A couple of years ago I was preparing for a task with a small-team thrown together with guys from two nations. On arrival it dawned that Nation 1 were the talent and Nation 2 were the labour. First day on the range they flipped out at our technique and mission training was put on hold for several days while were first had to re-learn to do basic things their way. Shredded targets, not to mention decades of experience, meant nothing because "you're holding the weapon all wrong".
Sucked it up as dutiful subordinates should in the interests of achieving the end goal (and team harmony) but it was annoyingly counterproductive.
Process driven vs results driven

For the record I'm a two eyes open guy. It used to be by choice but now it's compulsory due to contact lense old-guy issues

Last edited by Soutpiel; 5 July 2018 at 07:15. Reason: added eye choice

Our new posting rules