Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 21 May 2018, 16:12
Been There Done That

The Body Cam tells a different story

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/loc...211166024.html

Local pastor alleges he was racially profiled by police officer. The Police Chief's comments at the end of the article are spot on. This false allegation could have led to civil unrest.

While a Facebook posting doesn't amount to a false police report, one would hope that the pastor is sent packing.

I'm glad to be retired........
Old 21 May 2018, 17:15
Confirmed User

I read about this several days ago, the people that live in the area don't won't him there, an don't won't him as a NAACP President for their area.
The Body camera was posted for everyone to see. With two days.
Old 21 May 2018, 18:51
0311/8651

Why aren’t more officers suing in court?
Old 21 May 2018, 19:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP MARINE View Post
Why aren’t more officers suing in court?
The mopes have no cash. The officers would wind up paying, again.
Old 21 May 2018, 19:18
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Another race-baiting poverty pimp hiding behind a clerical collar.

"In Flanders fields the poppies blow
between the crosses, row on row...."
Old 21 May 2018, 19:59
Navigating

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthedesert View Post
Another race-baiting poverty pimp hiding behind a clerical collar.
Bravo. Good summary.

- Excerpt from Gates of Fire, Michael Yon
Old 21 May 2018, 20:52
Make a desert and call it peace.

Maybe you can sue to take his pristine 1984 Cadillac Bro-ham?

The real solution is the worthless prosecutors charging with false filling/reporting/accusation under relevant local laws; not trying to squeeze money from a stone. Now maybe I'm just jaded being from IL/Cook County/Chicago, but the prosecutors office generally seems to be the weak link in the entire system. Always protected from any manner of accountability and with vast authority, they always seem to be fucked up like a football bat. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 21 May 2018, 21:53
Policeman Officer

I'm a firm, firm believer in using their own bullshit tactics against them. Public humiliation, charges, lawsuits etc.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 21 May 2018, 21:57
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
I'm a firm, firm believer in using their own bullshit tactics against them. Public humiliation, charges, lawsuits etc.
I've tried to steer many LEO's in that direction when wrongly accused. Personally, I think they are so glad to be done with it that they don't want to have to extend the issue and simply drive on. To a degree, I don't blame them.
Old 21 May 2018, 22:07
Navigating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
I've tried to steer many LEO's in that direction when wrongly accused. Personally, I think they are so glad to be done with it that they don't want to have to extend the issue and simply drive on. To a degree, I don't blame them.
Someone with deep pockets, good lawyers in their corner, soft spot for LEO and a case like this one might be able to help move these ideas along. No?

- Excerpt from Gates of Fire, Michael Yon
Old 21 May 2018, 22:10
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256 View Post
Someone with deep pockets, good lawyers in their corner, soft spot for LEO and a case like this one might be able to help move these ideas along. No?
It isn't a lack of attorneys that are willing to take the cases...it's the lack of LEO's wanting to file the lawsuits. They are usually exhausted mentally from being investigated by everyone and simply want to leave it behind them and move on.
Old 21 May 2018, 22:40
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
It isn't a lack of attorneys that are willing to take the cases...it's the lack of LEO's wanting to file the lawsuits. They are usually exhausted mentally from being investigated by everyone and simply want to leave it behind them and move on.
Not only this, but the internal pressure not to make waves from inside the agency can make the idea less than desirable.

"Butch up, prom queen"
-Wench
Old 21 May 2018, 23:51
BT,WBTWC

Timmonsville Police Officer Chris Miles

Very low key and professional officer.

Called for backup, because no LEO is ever sure of what he is walking up to.

Ran the driver for wants and warrants ... negative.

Courtesy throughout, "Yes Sir" - "No Sir", not even a warning ticket.

And for a driver who virtually bragged in his bogus Facebook post that that in the back seat was a child not in a car seat!?

Well done Timmonsville.
Old 22 May 2018, 09:39
sterious scizor

Maybe departments should have a wall of shame page on their city websites. Include a streaming video of the body cam footage for each one. My thought though is that it all just escalates the issues.
Old 22 May 2018, 10:44
Time is a flat circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeraz View Post
Not only this, but the internal pressure not to make waves from inside the agency can make the idea less than desirable.
This.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 23 May 2018, 09:54
Time is a flat circle

New case involving a Texas DPS Officer being accused of rape. The usual death threats against him and family members, Dox’ing, people taking photos of his kids at the bus stop etc.

And now it appears that the “victim” actually filed an official complaint with knowingly false information. Which is a felony in Texas. In my state, it’s a felony that carries with it half the sentence of the crime you were lying about.

https://www(dot)google.com/amp/amp.f...rooper-of-rape

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 23 May 2018, 21:55
These ain't my pants.

Quote:
Having been in that situation, and had my name drug through the media for weeks, solely because of political pressure, you’re spot on. I wanted to sue for slander, but was told that due to the party involved being wealthy and with backing from a large civil law firm, there was no way I could financially survive a counter suit. As a young Trooper, making shit pay, I wasn’t in a position to go after him, even though every last allegation was proven to be a lie. And so after weeks on end of being in the media and waiting for my termination, I was so glad to be done with it that I simply wanted to move on.

“It is who we are; It is what we do; And we're okay with that.”- LE Funeral Closing Remark
Old 23 May 2018, 22:23
Life is simple, not easy.

Then there is this stupidity:

"Officer raped me."
atlantablackstar.com/2018/05/23/footage-clears-texas-officer-in-alleged-rape-of-black-woman-charged-with-dui-accusers-attorney-apologizes/

There is sufficient LEO misconduct so there is no need for people to be making shit up.

Case in point:
theguardian.com/us-news/2018/may/24/sterling-brown-stungun-arrest-milwaukee-police-apologize-to-nba-player
Old 24 May 2018, 01:40
Make a desert and call it peace.

This crap is endemic.

http://wgntv.com/2018/05/22/police-w...rself-in-fall/

The proper response isn't civil action, it's forcing the worthless prosecutors to do their job and file criminal charges against these people wasting public resources and/or attempting to score a taxpayer funded payout. It's the taxpayer who is the intended target, the officer is just a mechanism to get at that sweet taxpayer cash. It's the taxpayer who has no advocate here. In the case I posted, they supposedly have security camera footage from the Boeing building, and yet they still do nothing. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith

Last edited by EchoFiveMike; 24 May 2018 at 01:46.
Old 24 May 2018, 10:45
Policeman Officer

We've had a couple false accusations. One of which turned the officer's life upside down for years and cost him a shitload of money for a lawyer and the other which was a pain in the ass but the lack of physical evidence made it go away. As in, were the allegation true there would have had to be physical evidence and an outside agency was brought in to document that there wasn't.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth

Our new posting rules