SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 13 September 2009, 00:35

Intro

Recently contacted by old navy buddy who showed me this site. Can't really replace the comradere and bonds formed with teammates.
Here are my creds:
navy aug 98- oct 02
bud/s class 224
sdvt-1 99-02 alpha platoon and echo platoon
Police Officer 05-present
Old 13 September 2009, 05:31

G'Day Guys

NOW I understand what AJ meant by the 'introduction post'! YES I am a natural blonde and a bloody techno-spaz! AJ sent me a link asking me to weigh in on the recent 'women on th frontline' media debarcle here in Oz, so here I am.....

Well I have been in the Australian Reg Army for a tiny bit longer than I care to admit to - will be 20yrs next year! Clearly I joined at 10!!!! Hmmm I have been in the RAAMC the entire time but have had numerous postings around the Great Southern Land and an overseas deployment or two... or four! I am very proud to wear the baggy green skin and as I am currently on a trainee Doc, I know many of the 'lessons' have stood me in good stead.

Background -
Joined 1990
RAAMC - medic
Transfered to Pathology
Posted around the countryside
Got to SGT - started WO2 course
Took commission to OFFR as I had obtained degree....
Now trainee Doc...
Guessing I will be in until I am dead at this rate....

Nice to meet you all and if you want to ask anything - ask away!

Cheers
Old 13 September 2009, 10:01
Awaiting the Terrologist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK71 View Post
G'Day Guys

NOW I understand what AJ meant by the 'introduction post'! YES I am a natural blonde and a bloody techno-spaz! AJ sent me a link asking me to weigh in on the recent 'women on th frontline' media debarcle here in Oz, so here I am.....

Well I have been in the Australian Reg Army for a tiny bit longer than I care to admit to - will be 20yrs next year! Clearly I joined at 10!!!! Hmmm I have been in the RAAMC the entire time but have had numerous postings around the Great Southern Land and an overseas deployment or two... or four! I am very proud to wear the baggy green skin and as I am currently on a trainee Doc, I know many of the 'lessons' have stood me in good stead.

Background -
Joined 1990
RAAMC - medic
Transfered to Pathology
Posted around the countryside
Got to SGT - started WO2 course
Took commission to OFFR as I had obtained degree....
Now trainee Doc...
Guessing I will be in until I am dead at this rate....

Nice to meet you all and if you want to ask anything - ask away!

Cheers
Love your work K.....

On the 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month, we will remember them.

Lest We Forget.
Old 13 September 2009, 11:53

Hey everybody,

I've been searching around the site for a bit now trying to get as much information as I can. I have no true credentials yet, I am an 18x recruit for the US Army. I begin OSUT Oct 16, and from there hopefully make it all the way through to don the green beret. I figured registering at a site like this couldn't hurt so here I am.
Old 14 September 2009, 17:32

Hey everyone,

I'm a college student working in an Army Navy Store. My job got me interested in a lot of the content on this forum, everything I ever had a question about has been on here but figured I'd register just in case.

Big thanks to all those currently serving and all those who have served.
Old 14 September 2009, 18:25

Hey all,

I'm a prior Active Army joe who did a tour and got stuck with the extended tour and got out. Currently working as a security guard while I go to school during the day. Just now realizing how much I prefer being a soldier, so I'm trying to get back in. Been listening to some intel on here and realized the wealth of knowledge that lies in here so I've come to learn!
Old 14 September 2009, 18:38

Hi to everyone,

I was just recently showed this website and look forward to reading the vast amount of knowledge and experience. I served USAF active duty as an F-15 crew chief 4523A for three years ending in 1995. I had a break in service and reenlisted in the KANG as a 68w. I also work full-time as a paramedic. Thanks for having me.
Old 15 September 2009, 01:00

Hello All, Appreciate the opportunity to read, learn and post here.
Prior 82nd ABN, 1st Iraq Vet. Now RN with certs in critical care (CCRN), cardiac medicine (CMC) as well as PreHospital Registered Nurse (PHRN) in order to do flight in State of PA. Other certs inc: ACLS, PALS, PHTLS, TNCC all are current. Accepted to Anesthesia school in 2011 but may forgo for now. Currently undergoing vetting process with TC as a Fixed Site Medic. Awaiting DOD clearance and TWISS training which is tentatively scheduled sometime in October. Looking for some sound advice in what to expect, how to better prepare myself and the possibility in proving myself and making contacts for further opportunities.
Thanks in advance, To all Stay Safe!
Old 15 September 2009, 15:17

Hmmm, could have sworn I posted an intro a ways back....I suck.

I'm a Paramedic in NY. Worked NYC EMS for four years before I headed out to Long Island(NY) for better pay and less work. Currently an indoors-for-life-instructor now.

Former HM2(FMF) 98-06 with 2/25 WPNS Co as well.
Old 15 September 2009, 23:46

Hello, hope to learn here

I'm DocS-B, an E-7 getting ready to deploy to Iraq. I found your site after reading an article in JEMS and though this would be a great place to pick up some knowledge. Just your average Joe medic in a line unit. (I actually just got promoted into a PSG slot, but there was not time to replace me with another E-6 before Mob.) I don't have a PA or MD to go to for info so I'm trying to pick it up as I go.
Currently I'm in the 585th MP Co. (CS), spent a year in the Ohio Med. Det., a year and a half in C Co. 1-148 Inf Bn. (MECH) and 12 yrs. in HHC 73rd Inf Bde (SEP).
I originally came in the Oh. Guard in '79 and got out in '91 after becoming dissatisfied with my sections leadership. I came back in Jan05 to get my 20 in, and here I am. I probably won't post a lot, just learn from all the discussions here. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, hope I can do my job better.
Old 16 September 2009, 02:49

hey there, im grim just a 19 year old kid who has alot of respect for whatyou guys do...

i went to a full time boarding school in PA that just so happens to be a full time military boarding school... yep... pansy ass JROTC.... ill keep my head down...
Old 16 September 2009, 14:34

Hello all

I think I put the cart in before the horse. I made a posting before my introduction, I apologize for that. I served in the US Army for five years as a 13B. Got out and work as a civilian for 17 years. Quit that and came back to Iraq as a Contractor. The posting was for information on a CLS Course in English/Arabic.
Old 16 September 2009, 18:41

Hello all, My name is Bill and I hoping to find some advice here. I have read through some posts and already have alot of thanks and respect for you folks.

I enlisted in the Army in Nov 2008 as an 89D (EOD) and was DQ'd on my ship date. I have spent the last 10 months fighting with the DOD and trying to get their decision over-turned. I have even gone to the congressional level and was not able to get anywhere. I am now looking at contract and civ UXO work and hoping I can get some guidance from you folks.

Thanks!
Old 16 September 2009, 19:39

Watch out for aluminum walkers!

Hello, everyone!

I found out about this site while playing a quazi-military/fantasy game on line (Travian). There is, in the game, an associated 'alliance' that is made-up of military and former military personnel. I heard about this from them.

I was in the Army a long time ago. I got to visit the 'Exotic Orient', on two occasions. Once to Viet Nam (25th Inf Div) and once to Korea (2nd Inf Div). I really didn't fall in love with either place. Both tours, I worked in S-1 at Arty Bn Hqs. On the side, I was a Red Eye missile team leader and Bn Drug and Alcohol Abuse NCO (don't fall over laughing at that ... it WAS the late 60's/early 70's). My last duty was as an instructor at the U.S. Field Artillery School at Ft. Sill, OK. My group trained, in addition to Army & Marines, Arty officers from ...... yep, you guessed it ..... the Middle East.

Anyway, before I run out of room, I'm retired and disabled (non-service) and don't have a lot to do other than sit in front of this computer. I'm sure I'll meet a great bunch of guys & gals. I'm glad to be here.

TLP
Old 16 September 2009, 21:19

my intro

Hi all,

Lifelong civilian here, 49 yrs old and livin' in Dallas... I was living in Brussels (wife's job) when the planes hit, came back in 2004.. don't wanna gush, so I'll just say since 9 11 01 I've not let a serviceman of any stripe pass me by without a thanks, and a handshake where possible... I was too young for the draft and sadly I was influenced by the Vietnam crap in the mid '70s and didn't see the service in a good light whilst in high school.. but I damn sure have seen the error of my ways...

Came here in search of someone to confirm or deny SEAL status of someone I recently met.. seems real to me, hope he is, and I"ll post it in the right place. Meanwhile, a big thank you to ALL you SOCOM guys and everyone who ever put on the uniform of this country, draft or volunteer.

Thank you.

Big Dave in Dallas
Old 16 September 2009, 22:27
I aim to misbehave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazos View Post
Hello, everyone!

I found out about this site while playing a quazi-military/fantasy game on line (Travian). There is, in the game, an associated 'alliance' that is made-up of military and former military personnel. I heard about this from them.

I was in the Army a long time ago. I got to visit the 'Exotic Orient', on two occasions. Once to Viet Nam (25th Inf Div) and once to Korea (2nd Inf Div). I really didn't fall in love with either place. Both tours, I worked in S-1 at Arty Bn Hqs. On the side, I was a Red Eye missile team leader and Bn Drug and Alcohol Abuse NCO (don't fall over laughing at that ... it WAS the late 60's/early 70's). My last duty was as an instructor at the U.S. Field Artillery School at Ft. Sill, OK. My group trained, in addition to Army & Marines, Arty officers from ...... yep, you guessed it ..... the Middle East.

Anyway, before I run out of room, I'm retired and disabled (non-service) and don't have a lot to do other than sit in front of this computer. I'm sure I'll meet a great bunch of guys & gals. I'm glad to be here.

TLP

Welcome to Socnet. I'm addicted to *the game* as well.

While true:
Continue
Old 17 September 2009, 03:33

my introduction

I served in the Coast Guard 1974-78. Now work for the P.O. for the past 30 years here in MA.
Old 17 September 2009, 04:46
Awaiting the Terrologist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWarrior View Post
Are you hot? Hey, you asked...
LMAO....I told you K that this question would be trotted out!

On the 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month, we will remember them.

Lest We Forget.
Old 17 September 2009, 09:46

Introduction

I just joined SOCNET. I'm working in Iraq looking to Network with others in PSD.
Old 17 September 2009, 15:17
Who's da clown behind me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherm8404 View Post
Hmmm, could have sworn I posted an intro a ways back....I suck.
You did. You are post #1025 in this thread.

Our new posting rules