SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 24 January 2015, 03:19
Another pool cleaner

I don't believe RGR Montcalm was kidding about your butchery of the English language.

I'm sure he'll be along to rectify.
Old 24 January 2015, 04:31
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by rez187 View Post
computers are a wonderful thing! f tha pc of spelling words right n stuff you get the jist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
I don't believe RGR Montcalm was kidding about your butchery of the English language.

I'm sure he'll be along to rectify.
8654maine- you nailed it!

rez187- your response would be considered 'cute' in another setting, but hardly so here; without being too harsh, let me explain that SOCNet isn't texting, tweeting, or like any other board/website on the Internet.

We are predominately current and former Special Operations personnel that set high standards for ourselves and expect the same for those we invite to participate on this forum.

As a whole, we have a low tolerance many of the conventions common and otherwise accepted on social media today; no we aren't really 'grumpy old men' or 'grammar Nazis', we just like things done 'our way'.

Thanks

RGR.M
Intro thread moderator
Old 24 January 2015, 04:53
On the Extract Bird

Copy that. A simple response like the one above is all that is needed, I would have gotten the message loud and clear. I now know whats required ans will adjust accordingly. I do not think you would appreciate being talked down to, nor do I. I apologize as I'm the new guy, I only ask for the professionalism of the second post rather than the first.
Old 24 January 2015, 07:22
Been There Done That

Quote:
Copy that. A simple response like the one above is all that is needed, I would have gotten the message loud and clear. I now know whats required ans will adjust accordingly. I do not think you would appreciate being talked down to, nor do I. I apologize as I'm the new guy, I only ask for the professionalism of the second post rather than the first.
That bit of critique was given not in a manner of 'talking down' to you but as one professional to another... No need for apology at all; the last guy that was perfect was nailed to a cross...

Again- welcome
Old 24 January 2015, 09:45
Administrator

Quote:
Actually Ranger M was being kind to you.

You joined our board,we didn't seek you out. It's very clear what we expect of anyone who wants to post here. Acting like you needed gentle guidance to understand that is misguided on your part.
Old 24 January 2015, 17:14

Thank you very much for your gracious acceptance. I'm former USAF (1982-87) and USAFR (1991-92), from a very military family.
Old 24 January 2015, 17:41

Hello Everyone,
I did 20 years in the Army, primarily in 1ST Group and the 173rd. Upon retirement in 2009 I spent four and a half out of the next five years in Afghanistan as a civilian contractor. I was fortunate enough to be on a couple great programs, one with TF Paladin and the other as a COIN Advisor with the COMISAF Advisory and Assistance Team (CAAT).
My wife and I managed to save more money than we spent (which can be a superpower in contracting (or marriage)) and started a Visiting Angels franchise. We provide home living assistance to seniors throughout the Northeast Georgia Mountains.
I look forward to reading posts and occasionally adding to the dialog.
Thank you.
Old 24 January 2015, 21:07
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Murrcrow View Post
Hello Everyone,
I did 20 years in the Army, primarily in 1ST Group and the 173rd. Upon retirement in 2009 I spent four and a half out of the next five years in Afghanistan as a civilian contractor. I was fortunate enough to be on a couple great programs, one with TF Paladin and the other as a COIN Advisor with the COMISAF Advisory and Assistance Team (CAAT).
My wife and I managed to save more money than we spent (which can be a superpower in contracting (or marriage)) and started a Visiting Angels franchise. We provide home living assistance to seniors throughout the Northeast Georgia Mountains.
I look forward to reading posts and occasionally adding to the dialog.
Thank you.
Welcome! Get over to the SF forum and get vetted by contacting a Moderator
Old 24 January 2015, 21:48

Thank you all for your service

Hello all. Just a quick intro. Served from 1990 to 1993 as a combat medic at Ft. Irwin (yes i was the damn OPFOR that owned your asses in the desert! OK we may have been cheating a little! haha). Got out and ran straight to college. Took a commission and went back in the reserves for a 4 year hitch. Got out when professional and family duties were too much to juggle with military life.
Thanks again brothers and sisters in arms for all your service and sacrifice.
Old 25 January 2015, 00:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR.Montcalm View Post
Welcome! Get over to the SF forum and get vetted by contacting a Moderator
Roger. PM Sent.
Old 25 January 2015, 07:40

Greetings Gents,
Greatly appreciated for the chance to be invited into this community. Well I served in the Marines 0311 07-08 then 0811 09-11. Currently in the Army National Guard 12B from 2011. I have been slowly going through the process of going the 18X route for active army and make contact with a Msgt LNO in Fort Benning who sent me in the right direction. I hope to one day soon be in the ranks of you warriors. Currently on a contract in Helmand. Any and all help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi
Old 25 January 2015, 09:16

Everyone,
I am a former Army dog handler. Recently I was deployed to OEF as a contractor in the CREW program (Task Force Paladin, FOB Orgun-e).

Also, Prophet Wolfhound (Camp Mike Spann) as an Intel trainer working with 5th group training on the Wolfhound system.
Old 25 January 2015, 22:06

introduction

Whats going on guys! I just enlisted, i leave in april in the air force (cct) Thanks for having me.

chris
Old 26 January 2015, 07:07
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_robins View Post
Whats going on guys! I just enlisted, i leave in april in the air force (cct) Thanks for having me.

chris
Welcome! Good luck- there is a wealth of knowledge here for you to draw from; I strongly suggest you use it...
Old 26 January 2015, 16:26

Good afternoon guys,

Name is Chris and I am working on my 13th year in the Army. I have been Infantry the whole time and spent 2 years overseas in Iraq and Egypt. Thanks for having me.
Old 27 January 2015, 04:26

G.Togo, glad to join in.

USASOC/JSOC: 2000-2012
Old 29 January 2015, 13:32
On the Extract Bird

Try Again. Don't post again until you post an appropriate introduction.

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 29 January 2015 at 14:53.
Old 29 January 2015, 13:41
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankman View Post
Found this thread somehow looking for jobs, thought it was cool. Did 8 years in the AF, served in Iraq and Afghanistan doing QRFs.

Broke the rules of the site and posted before introducing myself. Sorry to the guys whose feelings I hurt by doing that.
Dude, you're still failing and hurting our feelings. You need to fill out your profile. "Did 8 years in the AF, served in Iraq and Afghanistan doing QRFs." doesn't cut it.
Old 30 January 2015, 16:29

I do apologize if I got the cart before the horse. I go by Robert and I served in USACDEC, stationed at Ft. Ord and tdy'd to Ft. Hunter-Liggett. I tested weapons, equipment and tactics and carried weapons qualifications for everything under a four deuce. After service I spent 30 years as a commercial construction superintendent and project manager on single projects up to 20 mil. joint projects up to 350 mil. I have always kept up with firearms advancements especially in military grade weapons. A heart attack forced me from construction in 2009. Retirement does not suit me well so I decided to get more involved in small arms. I am listed under DoD as a small arms manufacturer and carry my Class 7 FFL and have been "asked" to upgrade to a Class 10. I also carry a DD 2345 certification. Again, I apologize for posting before an introduction
Old 30 January 2015, 20:51
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM&C.Robert View Post
I do apologize if I got the cart before the horse. I go by Robert and I served in USACDEC, stationed at Ft. Ord and tdy'd to Ft. Hunter-Liggett. I tested weapons, equipment and tactics and carried weapons qualifications for everything under a four deuce. After service I spent 30 years as a commercial construction superintendent and project manager on single projects up to 20 mil. joint projects up to 350 mil. I have always kept up with firearms advancements especially in military grade weapons. A heart attack forced me from construction in 2009. Retirement does not suit me well so I decided to get more involved in small arms. I am listed under DoD as a small arms manufacturer and carry my Class 7 FFL and have been "asked" to upgrade to a Class 10. I also carry a DD 2345 certification. Again, I apologize for posting before an introduction
Welcome! You will be an interesting addition in the weapons forum...

Our new posting rules