Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Gear, Survival and Fieldcraft

Old 16 February 2018, 15:06

Dude, propane tank mortar rounds. Just use duds to get your T&Es trajectories right, and load some HEDP rounds for the real show. Or just pre-install some 55gallon drums with Tannerite and ANFO for those pesky dead spaces if your trig isn't too good. Then lots of 9V batteries.

The mad scientist in me wants to get old PS2 circuit boards and make some STS missiles out of them, but I have a feeling the ATF would put me in the clink for scratching that itch. I could've used them with some Raspberry Pi and GPS modules for some long-range support if you'd give me your grid.

Old 16 February 2018, 15:09
Been There Done That

For those reading this thread, and have not read the book "One Second After", I encourage you to do so.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/07653...kRL&ref=plSrch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 16 February 2018, 15:12
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
I have a great setup. Out of sight, one way in, road easily barricaded, plenty of water. If I had a rifle squad it would take a company of grunts to take this place. With just me and the wife I would be in trouble with a large group.
Driving down this weekend in my Jeep, with a case of Scotch, my dog and my Steyr Aug and couple cases of ammo and 42 round mags. .

Old 16 February 2018, 15:24
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
For those reading this thread, and have not read the book "One Second After", I encourage you to do so.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/07653...kRL&ref=plSrch

And then read the follow up, One Year After.
Old 16 February 2018, 15:38
Shakin' the bush Boss

I'm not turning this place into firebase Gloria. I'm well versed in flame field expedients and whatnot, but if it gets that bad I'll hit the mountains till shit chills out. I've put a lot of work into making this place sustainable, but it does me no good if I'm dead.

Last edited by Gsniper; 16 February 2018 at 15:45.
Old 16 February 2018, 17:01
Confirmed User

Quote:
I have a great setup. Out of sight, one way in, road easily barricaded, plenty of water. If I had a rifle squad it would take a company of grunts to take this place. With just me and the wife I would be in trouble with a large group.
At least your location has the asset of TIME. You can calculate the time it will take to expect vehicles and then any foot traffic.

Those of us in suburbia or the city will have to keep an eye out to get out early enough to not become a casualty on the road.

At least my family has an option to go somewhere in the mountains with plenty of fresh water. Deciding when will be the key.

“Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Old 16 February 2018, 17:09
Shakin' the bush Boss

I'm 15 miles to the nearest stoplight and 25 miles to the nearest town of any size. It's possible I could hunker here and be fine.
Old 17 February 2018, 10:55
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I'll come help...
Old 17 February 2018, 11:20
Been There Done That

Quote:
I'm 15 miles to the nearest stoplight and 25 miles to the nearest town of any size. It's possible I could hunker here and be fine.
I know your town....

Podunk, Va

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 17 February 2018, 13:08
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
I know your town....

Podunk, Va
I thought he was in West, by God, Virginia as well?!

Old 17 February 2018, 13:56
Shakin' the bush Boss

Podunk is for city slickers. You have to go thru Podunk till you hit the gravel road to get to me.
Old 17 February 2018, 16:52
Confirmed User

I plan on surviving off deep fried birds oil courtesy of local restaurant grease traps. Water by way of life straws.
Old 17 February 2018, 20:36
Grumpy Bastard

Quote:
Lot of that going around.

Comes down to networking with people who have the right skillsets that you can trust.

Our new posting rules