SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Gear, Survival and Fieldcraft

Old 28 February 2018, 21:33
Been There Done That

You just shoving that down the front of your pants or what? How does it attach to something? Belt loops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
Once again, Tom shows he is the go-to guy for kydex.

I wanted a holster that covers the trigger of my G17 with TLR-1 and suppressor.

I emailed Tom on Saturday, told him the general idea of what I was looking for, and he asked a few questions to clarify my needs (as I had not been very specific).

Today, five days later, here it is, on the other side of the country from Tom. Does exactly what I needed.
Old 28 February 2018, 21:39
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotor Strike please View Post
You just shoving that down the front of your pants or what? How does it attach to something? Belt loops?
It's not for carry. Purpose is to cover the trigger.
Old 28 February 2018, 23:40
Been There Done That

That's nice there 007. Interview with Royal Family on the horizon?

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 1 March 2018, 00:27
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RiserSlip View Post
That's nice there 007. Interview with Royal Family on the horizon?
I'm more Alejandro Gillick than James Bond.
Old 1 March 2018, 06:06
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
I'm more Alejandro Gillick than James Bond.
Yep. He's ruthless. Waiting on part 2.

Back to Tom's (The Master) outstanding stuff.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 14 March 2018, 13:40
Nexus Schemer

Bump

I took a look at your site and wondered if you have a mold for a kimber pro covert II. Right handed black.

Do we just order it off your site if you have it at that point
Old 14 March 2018, 13:46
Confirmed User

Tom I wanted to throw this update out, in regards to our recent questions about the G19/TLR6 combo fitting the other guns as well, so everyone would know if they have the same question. Your holster for the G19/TLR6 combo fits the 19/17/34 all with or without light, securely with no wiggle. Don't have a 26 so can't answer that question but it would seem the indexing was perfect and the light really doesn't affect anything.

Love your gear and hope the move is going/went well!
Old 14 March 2018, 22:32
Shovel Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saw7616 View Post
Bump

I took a look at your site and wondered if you have a mold for a kimber pro covert II. Right handed black.

No. But then there are a ton of weapons that molds are not made for and holster makers do fine without them. So no worries.

I'm not familiar with the Covert II, but looking over the specs you've basically got a Kimber 1911 with 4 inch barrel and a laser grip. And I'd simply want to go and add this weapon to the drop downs so you can order at will.

I cannot promise to have it added by tomorrow, but will try and do so.

Like No Chai pointed out in his report/post I'm in the middle of a relocation for my shop this week, so I've got my hands full just a bit.

Once you see it in the drop-downs, then yes just order and fill in/choose the options you need or want; Black, RH, etc.

thanks for asking, I'll try to remember to come back and update here too.
Old 14 March 2018, 22:45
Shovel Whisperer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChai View Post
Tom I wanted to throw this update out, in regards to our recent questions about the G19/TLR6 combo fitting the other guns as well, so everyone would know if they have the same question. Your holster for the G19/TLR6 combo fits the 19/17/34 all with or without light, securely with no wiggle. Don't have a 26 so can't answer that question but it would seem the indexing was perfect and the light really doesn't affect anything.

Love your gear and hope the move is going/went well!

So all is GTG now on the pancake for with OR without TLR-6 attached to the G-19/17/34, Got it!

And just so everyone else is aware, this doesn't mean it'd be GTG on other styles or even other makers holsters. This is for a Slim Profile Pancake only. I have no idea if it'd be the same for the IWB, or Litepath Chest rig, or anything else. Holster/weapon/light fitment can be finicky between brands, or styles. Add or change 1 thing and it all comes tumbling down.

Even though the Slim Profile is a unique pancake, it is simple in design. We were able to leave the barrel end open and simply close up the light portion only. Not many contact points in a small area.

Still, great report No Chai!

Thanks!!

[ETA] Move going better than expected!

Last edited by litepath; 14 March 2018 at 22:46. Reason: ETA
Old 15 March 2018, 08:25
Shovel Whisperer

Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote:
Bump

Weapon Added.
Old 15 March 2018, 15:10
Confirmed User

Keep up the good work. I've been really happy with the customer service and the products.
Old 19 March 2018, 12:08
Nexus Schemer

I've got a question or two, I'm starting out fresh on doing some 2 and 3 gun matches here locally and I'd like to have LitePath get me a setup for my pistol and AR Platform. I shot my first match and did about as good as I expected. I'm looking for options so I spend once and cry once.

I'm looking for ideas on getting my pistol with Mags and an AR mag or two on a belt for matches and to secure it in my vehicle for ready access if needed.

Currently I'm runing a Spring Field XD and I'm looking to move to Kimber Pro Covert II.

I'd like the option to use both pistols, and I'm looking for a solid platform for both. If that's feasible.

Thanks in advance, I stay in the shadows here and I'm sure there is tons of thing I haven't thought about getting into this 2/3gun hobby moving forward.
Old 19 March 2018, 15:04
FIDO

I use the Pro-S with my G19 for competition with a double/triple mag pouch. The Pro-S has great retention and a smooth draw. Also being able to set the height is a huge plus. They are easily removable so swapping holsters for your choice of pistol is quick.
Old 21 March 2018, 08:24
Confirmed User

Regarding 3 gun. I think Tom can help you with a basic rig of a holster with pistol and rifle mag pouches. Once you have the basics then maybe shoot for a season and tune up your stuff from there. I often shoot the 2A pancake rig or proS in matches and find them to be outstanding.
Old 21 March 2018, 10:28
Nexus Schemer

Thanks for the answers, Tom I'll have an order inbound soon for the ProS.

Any recommendations on the belt or Belt system to build this on?
Old 21 March 2018, 11:36

Quote:
...my pistol with Mags and an AR mag or two on a belt...
I think TFG posted a pic somewhere of a Litepath rig for two pistol and one/two AR mags; may have been built-to-order at that time but wouldn't be surprised if Tom has had further requests based on that.
DaveP
Old 21 March 2018, 13:10
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
I think TFG posted a pic somewhere of a Litepath rig for two pistol and one/two AR mags; may have been built-to-order at that time but wouldn't be surprised if Tom has had further requests based on that.
DaveP
That was me, I was looking for the pic, but it got dropped in dropbox hell. I will dig it up and post it. I wore it all day under a 5.11 shirt with an AR 30rd mag and 2 x G 21 mags and it was comfy as hell.
Old 21 March 2018, 21:35
Shovel Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
That was me, I was looking for the pic, but it got dropped in dropbox hell. I will dig it up and post it. I wore it all day under a 5.11 shirt with an AR 30rd mag and 2 x G 21 mags and it was comfy as hell.
You're talking about this. . .

And this. . .

Has my Easy on/off tabs and I think yours was the same.
Old 21 March 2018, 21:43
Shovel Whisperer

Quote:
I've got a question or two, I'm starting out fresh on doing some 2 and 3 gun matches here locally and I'd like to have LitePath get me a setup for my pistol and AR Platform. I shot my first match and did about as good as I expected. I'm looking for options so I spend once and cry once.

I'm looking for ideas on getting my pistol with Mags and an AR mag or two on a belt for matches and to secure it in my vehicle for ready access if needed.

Currently I'm runing a Spring Field XD and I'm looking to move to Kimber Pro Covert II.

I'd like the option to use both pistols, and I'm looking for a solid platform for both. If that's feasible.

Thanks in advance, I stay in the shadows here and I'm sure there is tons of thing I haven't thought about getting into this 2/3gun hobby moving forward.
My concern in the above was my understanding that you were looking for a holster/kit to handle both weapons?

And then you segued into also having this kit be GTG for your car?

I think if you'd explain that, or those aspects for the simple minded (Me), then we could go from there.

Also, if I may, how big is your waist? Reason I ask is fairly simple; real estate.

If you intend to sequentially line your waist with gear and you've got a 30 inch waist, you'll run outta room fast.

All that said, the Pro-S is a favorite because of it's covered muzzle which is a requirement in some competition.

Rules. I used to build my race cars with a rule book in one hand and work in the other. Make sure you're aware of your rule book on your game of choice if you aren't.

And thanks for posting in the thread asking for ideas!
Old 22 March 2018, 09:32
Nexus Schemer

I have a 38" waist. My whole idea is to kill 2 birds with one purchase. Sorry for all of the confusion.

My primary intent for this "rig" is for 2/3 gun comps. The secondary wish is to have this as a "GO" type system in the truck. If and when I need to get to it. A while ago we had a couple threads on the concept of a battle type belt vs plate Carrier vs battle belts. I think a belt like this would be easier to secure and keep it going

What I wanted, is a belt that hold 2 pistol mags, and 1 maybe 2 AR mags. And the pistol holster

Something to look at for images

Placing your devices similar to what TFG posted pictures on a belt similar to this one.

Does that make better sense?

Last edited by Saw7616; 22 March 2018 at 09:50.

Our new posting rules