SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 75th Ranger Regiment

Old 9 March 2018, 17:56
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye175 View Post
Yeah well they tell us every year that we "aren't allowed to drink alcohol that is offered too us" too, but every year we are staggering by the end, so I am sure this will go over just as well. We aren't marching this year anyway, so I am not concerned.
I had no idea the poor bat boys at HAAF are suffering so much, makes me want to start a gofundme for them.

When I was at 2/75, we thought that 1/75 had it better because COL Grange liked them more than us...had we known about St Paddy's Day, well, we'd have been in full-on revolt.
Old 9 March 2018, 19:08
Been There Done That

When Bravo was Banner Company and we marched in the parade...I was 2nd Platoon, 1st Squad...the girls got their courage up after the brass and 1st Platoon lead the way and marched by the crowd, and we got most of the kissing action, plus...we were rather handsome and strapping young lads . Picture of us in formation made front page in the newspaper--I think I still have the clipping tucked away somewhere. OG-107's and spits, pistol belt torqued down giving you that V-taper, sling wedged against your arm at a perfect 90. Bonus points for everyone (Ranger or otherwise) who remembers getting your (Ranger) buddy to grab your shirt from behind, while pulling and folding the excess down into perfect creases so you could latch your pistol belt....
Old 11 March 2018, 20:55

I would win bonus points, I have a picture of me and PFC Kenny Wolfe (later CSM Wolfe) getting ready for the parade.
Old 11 March 2018, 21:05
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
When Bravo was Banner Company and we got our courage up after the brass and 1st Platoon lead the way and marched by the crowd, and we got most of the kissing handsome and strapping young lads . Picture of us in formation made front page in the newspaper--I think I still have the spits, giving you a perfect 90. Bonus points for everyone (Ranger or otherwise) who remembers getting your (Ranger) buddy to grab your behind, while pulling your pistol....
Umm...I had no idea such things went on in Savannah back then.
Old 17 March 2018, 18:33
Old Scroll

LOL... Gavin's forgotten what it was like to be 18 and in Battalion... I mean Regiment.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 17 March 2018, 23:07

just a quick search on Google shows that that Batt Boys were getting lots of kisses from the lasses.
Old 17 March 2018, 23:57
Been There Done That

I thought it was the legs from Ft. Stewart marching in lieu of the 1st Batt guys.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 18 March 2018, 04:32
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headoutdaplane View Post
just a quick search on Google shows that that Batt Boys were getting lots of kisses from the lasses.

Confirmed. Plenty of pics (2018 Savannah SP Parade) showing soldiers of multiple units getting love. Lots of 75th guys with red on cheeks!! To do away with that tradition would be terribly in-human.

Last edited by Five-O; 18 March 2018 at 04:38.
Old 18 March 2018, 19:48

1st Battalion was not in the parade this year.
Old 20 March 2018, 21:21
Been There Done That

Pence was there. I'm not sayin', but I'm just sayin'.

Our new posting rules