SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 12 March 2018, 16:20
giving you a number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Seeing this play out across the board. I don't agree with everything he says or does but there is no denying the man is a fucking Jedi when it comes to business negotiation.
One of the reasons I voted for him. I'm not sure he's the sharpest tool in the shed or even a business Jedi, but it's sure as shit different from politics as usual, which has been getting us exactly nowhere.

Maybe he makes it better, maybe he makes it worse - at least he's making a change.
Old 12 March 2018, 17:51
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
I sure don't. That's a piece of good news that I'll enjoy today. When I think of Statecraft - I think of a hardened State that negotiates from strength, not by pandering to greedy motherfuckers.
That's because you aren't as smart as those nerds at Department of State. They're the "best and brightest", don't you know?

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 12 March 2018, 19:29
I am Johan

I wish that Kim, who's about half the age of POTUS, apologized for the dotard part. I know it won't happen and that it's all a game of words and diplomacy etc etc - but given my deeply rooted respect for people who are older than me, I entertained that thought for a while. The dotard trick really was a low, low jab. Maybe that's why I'm not a fat dictator with bad hair stylist.
But wishes don't matter in politics do they. Hopefully the meeting and subsequent works will yield results.
Old 12 March 2018, 20:54
Supporterator

Trump is demonstrating toxic masculinity. How dare he!
Old 12 March 2018, 21:22
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
That's because you aren't as smart as those nerds at Department of State. They're the "best and brightest", don't you know?
Seems like, if you believe them, EVERY org in the UGS is the “Top 1%”. There sure are a lot of top 1% people out there...
Old 13 March 2018, 00:25
Spice Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
Seems like, if you believe them, EVERY org in the UGS is the “Top 1%”. There sure are a lot of top 1% people out there...
Everyone knows that scum floats to the top of the pond. And DC is one big swamp...

"Never saw a shark swimming down my street, although that would be kinda cool." --Purple36
Old 13 March 2018, 08:53
BTDT

Just a few thoughts about the concept of "draining the swamp" known as Washington DC..............

Swamps are populated by a orchestra of living creatures that exist in a harmonious, symbiotic environment. They exist in a complex and self-sustaining ecosystem. The inhabitants need no advocacy groups, a swamp's inhabitants may prey on the other species, but the ecosystem will not eat itself clean of its resources. The inhabitants don’t seek equality; in exchange for the simple requests, natures affords them with balance.

Balance is a far greater blessing than some undefined level of “equality" forced on the inhabitants

El Legarto may be an apex predator, but the mere existence of the alligator population increases the diversity of the plant habitat and as a result, provides a habitat for other animals living within the ecosystem of the swamp.
…a fucking alligator creates diversity and provides free housing and they do it without an advocacy group, quotas, or research assistants to study voter approval ratings. Swamp creatures like the alligator don't need laws limiting the amount of teeth they can have or how fast they can bite; they just need to be left alone.

In fact the predators in a swamp like eating coypu rats. Which means the predators actually contribute to balance in the ecosystem. The predators that eat the rats are natures environmentalists since coypu rats tend to destroy an ecosystem by tearing up all the plants. Just like rioters tearing up a fucking city; coypu destroy their own environment. Instead of politicians crying that we should let the coypu destroy a few acres to vent their frustrations; the alligators put a stop to that shit without so much as the concept of social justice within the ecosystem.

Frogs, toads, birds, bugs, and even the bacteria that breakdown the dead and dying plants and animal carcasses so that the system can fertilize itself all operate without unions, payoffs, backroom deals or lying publicists trying to politicize the alligators diet…
…is he helping the environment flourish?
…is he oppressing the lowly coypu?
…why am I referring to the alligator population as a “he” ???

In closing – I have decided NOT to liken Washing DC to a swamp any longer. Comparing a swamp to the corrupt and cowardly schmucks operating within the District of Columbia is an unfair critique of the purity and balance that exists within the swamp.

Nature deserves more of our respect than that.

Congress critters exist in an ecosystem that devours itself at the cost of its environment. Congress critters will shamelessly devour all of their resources and then go in search of more; not because they “need’ those resources but because they crave those resources. A congress critter is more like a mutated virus than a swamp creature.

............and these are the folks we are depending on to keep us safe from a nuclear, biologic, or chemical apocalypse
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield

Last edited by Box; 13 March 2018 at 09:05.
Old 13 March 2018, 12:29
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Just a few thoughts about the concept of "draining the swamp" known as Washington DC..............

Swamps are populated by a orchestra of living creatures that exist in a harmonious, symbiotic environment. They exist in a complex and self-sustaining ecosystem. The inhabitants need no advocacy groups, a swamp's inhabitants may prey on the other species, but the ecosystem will not eat itself clean of its resources. The inhabitants don’t seek equality; in exchange for the simple requests, natures affords them with balance.

Balance is a far greater blessing than some undefined level of “equality" forced on the inhabitants

El Legarto may be an apex predator, but the mere existence of the alligator population increases the diversity of the plant habitat and as a result, provides a habitat for other animals living within the ecosystem of the swamp.
…a fucking alligator creates diversity and provides free housing and they do it without an advocacy group, quotas, or research assistants to study voter approval ratings. Swamp creatures like the alligator don't need laws limiting the amount of teeth they can have or how fast they can bite; they just need to be left alone.

In fact the predators in a swamp like eating coypu rats. Which means the predators actually contribute to balance in the ecosystem. The predators that eat the rats are natures environmentalists since coypu rats tend to destroy an ecosystem by tearing up all the plants. Just like rioters tearing up a fucking city; coypu destroy their own environment. Instead of politicians crying that we should let the coypu destroy a few acres to vent their frustrations; the alligators put a stop to that shit without so much as the concept of social justice within the ecosystem.

Frogs, toads, birds, bugs, and even the bacteria that breakdown the dead and dying plants and animal carcasses so that the system can fertilize itself all operate without unions, payoffs, backroom deals or lying publicists trying to politicize the alligators diet…
…is he helping the environment flourish?
…is he oppressing the lowly coypu?
…why am I referring to the alligator population as a “he” ???

In closing – I have decided NOT to liken Washing DC to a swamp any longer. Comparing a swamp to the corrupt and cowardly schmucks operating within the District of Columbia is an unfair critique of the purity and balance that exists within the swamp.

Nature deserves more of our respect than that.

Congress critters exist in an ecosystem that devours itself at the cost of its environment. Congress critters will shamelessly devour all of their resources and then go in search of more; not because they “need’ those resources but because they crave those resources. A congress critter is more like a mutated virus than a swamp creature.

............and these are the folks we are depending on to keep us safe from a nuclear, biologic, or chemical apocalypse
Well said!
Old 13 March 2018, 13:18
Shakin' the bush Boss

DC is just a big yeasty soup where the active culture of yeast mindlessly consumes without even realizing they're doing it. Which is all well and good until the sugar runs out and they have to start eating each other, which I'm hoping happens sooner rather than later.
Old 13 March 2018, 14:16
BTDT

The problem is, "we" are the sugar.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 13 March 2018, 14:19

Oh no. See, WE'RE THE SUGAR, so to speak. They'll bleed everyone dry and steal everything we have in order to keep their lifestyles as comfortable as possible. If they're at the point where they're eating each other, we're long dead.

Case in point: part of the COG plan after a nuke strike is to have armed men go around to the suburbs and other places and collect all the medicine, food, supplies, from the survivors so that the gov shiteaters can survive. Yes, that quite literally even means your pets. They will round up your faithful pooch and feed him to fucking useless cunts living in underground bunkers.

These people are parasites. A big nest of tapeworms or Ophiocordyceps.
Old 13 March 2018, 14:39
Shakin' the bush Boss

We, myself included, are off topic. Let's get back to NK.
Old 16 March 2018, 06:29
I am Johan

Meanwihle, experimental lightwater reactor at Yongbyon keeps marching forward.
Old 16 March 2018, 06:42
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul85 View Post
Meanwihle, experimental lightwater reactor at Yongbyon keeps marching forward.
Interesting article. It sounds like the Norks are on the verge of replicating a miniaturized version of the Soviet facility at Mayak from the 1950s, with fuel refinement, fuel rod construction, reactors, tritium production, and plutonium extraction all in one site.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 16 March 2018, 07:37
Make a desert and call it peace.

It'll be interesting to see how NK's management of the waste will compare to the USSR's(dump in lake comrade!) or even the US/UK's(out of sight, out of mind/NIMBY). S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 16 March 2018, 07:51
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
Interesting article. It sounds like the Norks are on the verge of replicating a miniaturized version of the Soviet facility at Mayak from the 1950s, with fuel refinement, fuel rod construction, reactors, tritium production, and plutonium extraction all in one site.
Which, when we look at the capability of the Norks lately... will then replicate the full sized version at Chernobyl causing the wiener of China to glow in the dark.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 16 March 2018, 08:01
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
It'll be interesting to see how NK's management of the waste will compare to the USSR's(dump in lake comrade!) or even the US/UK's(out of sight, out of mind/NIMBY). S/F....Ken M
Yeah, the people of Nevada can suck it. Yucca Mountain is the perfect repository and we've spent billions on it only to have Harry Reid and Obama make a handshake deal to kill it for political support to Obama.

Trump has $120 million in the budget to get restart activities going but it will probably still be killed and we can continue storing it in barrels....

The interesting thing is power companies are still being taxed to pay for it...
Old 16 March 2018, 09:31
I am Johan

Quote:
replicating a miniaturized version of the Soviet facility at Mayak
Given a list of criticality accidents and mismanagement of waste at Mayak I don't want to know what types of shenanigans NKs would pull at their facility (because just like Mayak during its Soviet Union times until, well, even today, they would not have to contend with public opinion or fear anything from any sort of agency).

I haven't heard of any country relinquishing their nuclear arsenal once they've obtained it so I don't delude myself by thinking that the meeting and subsequent works will have any impact on that - I'm leaning more towards normalization of relations until NK decides it's time to swing back to the terror rethoric.
Old 16 March 2018, 10:44
Administrator

Quote:
I haven't heard of any country relinquishing their nuclear arsenal once they've obtained it so I don't delude myself by thinking that the meeting and subsequent works will have any impact on that - I'm leaning more towards normalization of relations until NK decides it's time to swing back to the terror rethoric.

You may be right, but the other aspect of that argument is that they have never dealt with a POTUS even remotely like Trump.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 16 March 2018, 11:20
Confirmed User

Quote:
Given a list of criticality accidents and mismanagement of waste at Mayak I don't want to know what types of shenanigans NKs would pull at their facility (because just like Mayak during its Soviet Union times until, well, even today, they would not have to contend with public opinion or fear anything from any sort of agency).

I can hear Qaddafi rolling over in his grave.

Our new posting rules