Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 15 February 2018, 08:32
Chuck Norris Approved
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
Let me reiterate that the only parties that believe Mader was fired for not shooting someone are Mader and the ACLU. He was not fired for failing to shoot anyone. He was fired for violating the 4th Amd during a traffic stop, for failure to investigate a suspicious death with anything resembling due diligence, and other shoddy performance. I don't understand why folks keep going back and forth about the shooting.
Agreed. Probationary status and, in my opinion, just cause. Violating someones 4th amendment right over a traffic stop could have just been the start of something more.
Old 15 February 2018, 08:55
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post
Gavin, I responded to what was posted up to that point man. Some threads have follow-up info which changes the landscape, others do not. Someone coming back around and cherry picking only one person who responded to the OP to call out is a little disingenuous.

Did I miss where you achieved a status where you can question a BTDT's motives?

Last I checked, you were a visitor here.

You got called out. Respond to it or bow out of the conversation. I see you call a BTDT's actions disingenuous again, you'll be launched.

Don't send me a PM about this.
Old 15 February 2018, 11:19
Been There Done That
Originally Posted by CPTAUSRET View Post
I am not a cop.

If I was, anyone pointing a gun at me or my partner would get shot! My partner responds the same way, or I look for a new partner.

All weapons are loaded, until you yourself clear them!
Common sense right there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 15 February 2018, 11:33
Authorized Personnel
Everytime I see the name Mader, this is what I picture.

FWIW- From a salty veteran cop like me, fuck that guy. He violated the 4th amendment by opening that car door over a parking ticket. That alone gets you fired.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

"OK, so we can agree you've been drinking. Now I know you've had at least 2, the first one and the last one, but now we need to figure out how many there were in between."-Me, I-35

Our new posting rules