Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 4 March 2018, 08:49
Confirmed User
End of Watch (EOW), Deputy A. Locklear

It is with the greatest sadness that I announce the End of Watch for, Deputy Alexis “Thunder” Locklear, March, 1, 2018. Deputy Locklear served with me at the Scotland County Sheriff’s Office, NC. He was responding to assist my partner, a detective, who was in a high speed vehicle chase. Deputy Locklear lost control of his vehicle not far from where my partner was stopped. Deputy Locklear was pronounced deceased on scene. He was 24 years old, and sworn in May 16, 2017. He graduated basic law enforcement training in Robeson County, NC in May of 2017.

Deputy Locklear is survived by his four year old daughter, his fiancé and his parents and family. Deputy Locklear, #143, we are so very thankful for your service, for your love, for your dedication and your passion for the blue life. We are so very thankful for the time that we had with you, and for the joy and the smiles your brought upon our faces. We know in our hearts that you without question, paid the ultimate sacrifice and died doing what you loved most. Your memory is forever engrained in our minds and enscribed upon our hearts.

For me personally, I will miss seeing those brown eyes and that baby face popping into our detectives division. Always curious, always wanting to learn and grow. Your life was entirely too short here for our selfish desires of wanting you at our sides.... but incredibly fulfilled in the sense that you achieved what everyone said you wouldn’t or couldn’t. If I had known that our conversation on Sunday, February 11, 2018, would be the last in depth, up close, and face to face conversation we were going to have, I’d have hugged you and embraced you a little more. We were picking and laughing about the yoga pants and flip flops I showed up in to serve murder warrants on a guy for. You teased me and made jokes. Like you, we shared our desire and great passion for the job no matter the condition or the timing. Since then, we only saw one another in passing. But never without a smile and inside jokes. When you came aboard, many folks doubted you or decided they didn’t like you. But then everyone got to know you. Much like me and my own demeanor, people mistook your outward demeanor for rudeness or for being impolite. But everyone, and I mean everyone who got to know you, fell in love with you. You became a pivotal member of our agency and for your team as well as the teams you supported like mine. You became one hell of an officer, and rose to the challenges that were laid before you.

Rest easy baby boy. I never imagined I’d be burying yet another friend, but most certainly, never a guy I considered a fellow partner or teammate. You leave behind so many broken hearts yet, ones who equally possess the love and friendship you shared with those around you while you were with us. As I awoke Friday morning several hours after seeing that devastating scene, I couldn’t help but burst into tears. The ten thousand “what if’s” plagued me and the honest realization that it could have easily been me. But then I wondered why and decided God must have determined we all needed another guardian angel ahead of us. I’ll see you on the other side. Until then.... we have the watch from here.

Deputy Alexis “Thunder” Locklear, EOW, March 1, 2018.

Please visit the ODMP link below and leave a reflection if you will. Let’s fill Thunder’s wall as best we can.

Additional articles include,

"Men like you should be left to the mercy of women like me"- Citadel of Lies
Old 4 March 2018, 09:52
Authorized Personnel
Rest In Peace, Alexis and thank you for your service!

My condolences Sado to you, your department, and his family!
Old 4 March 2018, 09:58
Swimming Upstream
RIP, very sad news.
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 4 March 2018, 10:43
RIP brother. Sado, condolences to you, your work family and this young deputy’s loved ones.

Please let me know if there’s going to be any type of fund set up for his family.
Old 4 March 2018, 11:36
Good Medicine, Bad Places
RIP Brother.

Sado, my condolences to you, the Scotland County Sheriff's Department, and his family.
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did.
Old 4 March 2018, 14:02
Authorized Personnel
RIP Deputy.
"The most HSLD stuff ever taught was the basics. So-called 'advanced training' is often no more than the very fluid and expert application of those basic skills." - SOTB
Old 4 March 2018, 14:36
Confirmed User
RIP Brother. Sado, my sincerest condolences. That’s just way too young.
Shit aint funny....
Old 4 March 2018, 15:53
Been There Done That
Damn, just starting his career. What a shame. RIP.
Old 4 March 2018, 16:17
Authorized Personnel
R.I.P. Deputy...
The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.
Old 4 March 2018, 17:52
Time is a flat circle
RIP Deputy

I'm truely sorry for your loss.
"Somewhere, theres a skeleton, a book sack and a log with a fat girls signature " Jumpcut

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 4 March 2018, 19:26
Confirmed User
RIP Deputy
Dam we are loosing to many LEO's lately. It is even harder when someone on the site knows the LEO.
Old 4 March 2018, 22:17
Been There Done That
Rest in Peace Deputy Locklear. Thank you for your service and sacrifice.
Old 5 March 2018, 14:49
Confirmed User
Thank you all for your kind words and support. I know that there is a fund supposedly being set up for Deputy Locklear's surviving daughter. I will post the information and link to this thread when it is official.

Please continue to keep us all in your prayers. Services begin tomorrow evening with a closed casket observation service at 1700-2000 hours, at the Stewartsville Baptist Church, located off of McColl Road, Laurinburg, NC.

Funeral services will begin tentatively Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 1500 hours located at the Purnell Swett High School Gymnasium at 11344 Deep Branch Road, Maxton, NC. Deputy Locklear will be laid to his final rest at the Lumbee Memorial Gardens Cemetery at 774 Moss Neck Road, Lumberton, NC.
"Men like you should be left to the mercy of women like me"- Citadel of Lies
Old 5 March 2018, 15:21
RIP Brother.

I have no idea what happened in this case, but bears stating that we lose more officers to crashes than to anything else by far.

Sado....my sincere condolences on the loss of your Partner.
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
Old 5 March 2018, 16:06
Pirate and Rogue
Rest in Peace Deputy Locklear. Thank you for your service and sacrifice.
My suggestion to you is to start drinking heavily - Bluto Blutarsky

Stupid should be a medical diagnosis - Texan

Being smart does not guarantee success, but being stupid practically guarantees failure - GSniper

Our new posting rules