SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Gear, Survival and Fieldcraft

Old 16 October 2009, 08:08

Anyone get the Oakley Pit Boss yet? Really pricey, but I am getting the itch to buy them.
Old 26 October 2009, 14:52

Oakleys are the only way to go. I've been wearing for over 10 years. I've been issued just about everything else, and still buy Oakleys and use them (whenever possible, some units want uniformity). Get some Oakleys from USStandardIssue.com, you'll never go back.

Ben
Old 26 October 2009, 15:53
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbcat View Post
Anyone get the Oakley Pit Boss yet? Really pricey, but I am getting the itch to buy them.
I just saw the price of these $595.00?? wtf, i tried to find them on usstandardissue, but they are not there. I really hope you can see through walls with them for that price.

I'll stick to my $80 Gascans...

Last edited by Hawk14; 26 October 2009 at 15:54. Reason: spelling
Old 27 October 2009, 14:04
Been There Done That

I cannot fathom how this thread has gone on this long without someone bringing up, what I believe, is the perfect sunglass for SOCNET...

http://www.perpetualkid.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=2256

Last edited by terrible tim; 27 October 2009 at 14:06. Reason: spelling
Old 27 October 2009, 14:21
Newbie shooter

huge fan of SPY optics.. they are perfectly suited for driving or motorcycling with many small technological features that make them stand out. Price is pretty cheap too. (see ebay).

I ride with a pair of Dirty mo's ..

Quote:
"I am really excited about my new signature sunglass. With the Spy Dirty Mo, we are at the forefront of design with the look and feel. I am extremely happy with the result," said Dale Earnhardt Jr. "I was introduced to Spy sunglasses through my friendship with driver Boris Said and since then it's the only sunglass I wear. I like the way they look, the way they feel, and how Spy constantly evolves into something new."

The Dirty Mo's frame is crafted from Italian propionate material and features inset custom metal detailing. The lenses provide 100% UVA, B and C sun protection.
Old 27 October 2009, 14:41
Sweep the leg...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFandUSA View Post
I just saw the price of these $595.00?? wtf, i tried to find them on usstandardissue, but they are not there. I really hope you can see through walls with them for that price.

You would have to know robbcat to understand his "logic" in buying Oakley sunglasses...
Old 27 October 2009, 14:47
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrible tim View Post
I cannot fathom how this thread has gone on this long without someone bringing up, what I believe, is the perfect sunglass for SOCNET...

http://www.perpetualkid.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=2256
LOL i like the disclaimer for these glasses:

IMPORTANT: Black Bars offer no promise of anonymity and may draw unwanted attention (may we suggest medical attention). It is possible (quite probable) these will make you appear ridiculous. Do not operate heavy machinery while wearing Black Bars at night. Pants may be required (check local city ordinances). Keep Black Bars away from children and humorless adults. Laugh at yourself. (everyone else will be).
Old 27 October 2009, 14:50
Retired Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFandUSA View Post

I looked all over the site, but I couldn't find the 'daily blowjob by a hot chick guarantee' anywhere.
"History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices." -Bill Watterson
Old 6 November 2009, 15:35

http://www.oakley.com/pd/6409/23696

HOLY SHIT!!! Now click on the Carbon Fiber pair...$4000.00....I still want them!!
Old 6 November 2009, 15:53
Confirmed User

Oakley just screams.... I am GAY!!!!

RO!!!
Old 6 November 2009, 16:22
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAT
Oakley just screams.... I am GAY!!!!
Well, then you surely have a couple of extra pair laying around.

Hook a brother up -- I seem to have lost mine in Mexico City. Now it's either you giving me a pair you haven't sat on yet, or me having to dish out $100 -- I'd prefer your charity....
Old 6 November 2009, 17:55
Old Scroll

The usastandardissue.com deal is sweet for getting Oakleys at a super discount

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 6 November 2009, 21:43
Sweep the leg...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local View Post

huge fan of SPY optics.. they are perfectly suited for driving or motorcycling with many small technological features that make them stand out. Price is pretty cheap too. (see ebay).
Just bought a pair of black Spy Mach 2's off ebay and saved close to $90.
Old 7 November 2009, 00:32
Nec Aspera Terrent

Sweet no deity in-particular, 1500 dollars for Oakleys?! I think I'd cry in public if I had a pair and damaged or lost them.

I'll stick with my Half Jackets and Radars, thanks.

We are the middle children of history.
Born too late to explore the Earth,
born too early to explore space.

- Anonymous

"The foremost cartographers of the land have prepared this for you; it's a map of the area that you'll be traversing."

"It's blank."

"They'll be very grateful if you could just fill it in as you go along."
Old 7 November 2009, 01:44
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
Well, then you surely have a couple of extra pair laying around.

Hook a brother up -- I seem to have lost mine in Mexico City. Now it's either you giving me a pair you haven't sat on yet, or me having to dish out $100 -- I'd prefer your charity....
I will gladly give you my extra set. LOL Ray Bans are the shit. :D

Heading your way shortly.

RO!!!
Old 18 November 2009, 19:39

Buy a pair, you won't be sad. They are great. I've been wearing M Frames for 15 years (I even have a pair on my head right now). I have worn them everywhere, from Iraq to Africa, to Disneyland. My wife doesn't think they are as cool as I do, but I love them. Last time in the SandBox I was issued Oakley Half Jackets, but have gone back to my M Frames (I've always bought a pair, never been issued one). They are worth the $90.
Old 18 November 2009, 21:30
Confirmed User

I have a pair of M-frames that I wore in Iraq after I got back and went back to the fire dept I was responding to a call hot. I had set the Oakleys on the dash of the truck took a corner a little fast and they slid right out the window. Couldnt stop I was pissed. After the call I went back and picked up what was left. They had been run over several times as this was a busy road. The lense had come out of the frame and had stress fractures and lots of scratches. It was NOT broken. The frames were also somewhat scratched but not broken and Im still wearing them with a replacement lense.
Old 28 February 2010, 20:26
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire425 View Post
I have a pair of M-frames that I wore in Iraq after I got back and went back to the fire dept I was responding to a call hot. I had set the Oakleys on the dash of the truck took a corner a little fast and they slid right out the window. Couldnt stop I was pissed. After the call I went back and picked up what was left. They had been run over several times as this was a busy road. The lense had come out of the frame and had stress fractures and lots of scratches. It was NOT broken. The frames were also somewhat scratched but not broken and Im still wearing them with a replacement lense.
That is exactly why I wear Oakleys. Everything is indestructable or replacable.
Old 28 February 2010, 21:42
Confirmed User

I did not know we had so many GAY's on the board.

SOTB excluded... He is just cheap and will take anything free.

RO!!!
Old 1 March 2010, 00:39
#AllLionsMatter

If there's a possibility that you may incur some type of eye injury.

The glasses need to have some sort of "ballistic" resistant property and you need too WEAR them!!!!!!!!!!

Stay safe.
Education is all about gaining theoretical knowledge in the classroom or any institution. Training is a way to develop specific skills, whereas education is a typical system of learning.

Our new posting rules