SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 14 June 2019, 10:50

Thanks for adding me!
Name is Elijah, Iím an ARMY 11B
Weapons Team Leader, VET.
Here to learn and help wherever I can.
Stay violent
Old 14 June 2019, 11:07

DoD contractor focusing primarily on evasive/defensive and off-road driver training. I have my own company that facilitates trainings on-site at our private facilities in VA/NC and our new location in Namibia servicing DoS embassies and consulates.

Work part-time "locally" at BSR/Summit Point and the DoS DTU.
Old 14 June 2019, 11:56

Welcome guys!
Old 14 June 2019, 13:39
Administrator

Shooter,
Please stand down from being the greeter.

Thanks
Old 14 June 2019, 19:06

Gentlemen:

Hope everyone is keeping their heads above water. A friend referred me to this site as I am now exiting my 6+ years of service as a paratrooper (11B). My separation is not by choice, I am med boarding out. I was hurt during my tour to retake Mosul back in 2017 in the first month, but with air being to hot and rocking a skeleton crew at the FLOT with men underneath me, I figured my injuries were not sever enough to constitute leaving my men.

Come to find out my ankle was not attached to either my tibia or fibula the remaining 8months and was free floating in its joint socket. 2 weeks after getting home I went into my first ankle reconstructive surgery. Now 3 surgeries and one IDEO brace later here I am. I am heading back to BAMC for a BKA amputation in the next 5yrs after I burn this ankle into the ground. But Iím looking forward to it! Any amputee dudes who have some input on expediting recover or really anything at all will always be welcomed.

Iím a central Cali bro who loves to surf and lay hate. I still train like crazy, the IDEO brace allows me to do what I want, but god forbid I try anything without it. Planning on attending ESI since going back to calculus 3 and finishing up my Chemical engineering degree no longer sounds tantalizing, especially after sustaining multiple TBIís. Looking forward to expanding my knowledge through their training and branching into contracting. Even with my ďdisabilitiesĒ ill still smoke the dog shit out of dudes.

Looking forward to meeting people within this community and get a better understanding of opportunities on the outside. I train at a privet range in NC so if any guys want to do some plinking let me know and weíll set it up. Or if you want to get a beer Iím always game.

Much love
-Gooner
Old 14 June 2019, 19:16
Been There Done That

Welcome gooner, you seem to fit the bill...which unit(s) were you jumping and grunting from?
Old 14 June 2019, 19:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
Welcome gooner, you seem to fit the bill...which unit(s) were you jumping and grunting from?
Started in the Q (booted half way back in 2014 with year return)
Went to 2-325 recon team straight from OT
Stayed in 2-325 and just climbed the latter until i got back from Iraq.

Got signed off on to return to q actually, after i interviewed with 20th SFG. Was going to be a nasty girl but that was all dependent on my ankle holding up.

Now here i am, still in the same unit. Couldn't justify risking being front man on a breach stack, ankle giving out, and homeboy behind me catching my round. Hence the decision to med-board.

Notice my responses are kinda long in comparison to others, trying to get ya'll to know my background. If you want me to shut the fuck up and shorten things down please let me know.

Much love

Last edited by gooner; 14 June 2019 at 19:43. Reason: bad grammar
Old 14 June 2019, 23:46
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner View Post
Any amputee dudes who have some input on expediting recover or really anything at all will always be welcomed.
One of our PJs had a similar situation, and just recently returned to full up status following an above the knee amp. First PJ to do so with an above the knee amp I believe.

I can put you in contact if interested, I'll shoot you a PM to avoid further derailing.

Welcome.
Old Yesterday, 12:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
One of our PJs had a similar situation, and just recently returned to full up status following an above the knee amp. First PJ to do so with an above the knee amp I believe.

I can put you in contact if interested, I'll shoot you a PM to avoid further derailing.

Welcome.
I would greatly appreciate that brother. I wish it made better sense to stay in. But when it comes down to it, unless you're in the sof community already, getting in as an amputee is pretty much a no go.

Will be looking forward to your PM. Much love

Our new posting rules