SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Company Vetting and RFI

Old 22 July 2013, 16:55
Confirmed User

RFI: Secfor International

Has anyone done any training with them or have more information on them?
Old 25 July 2013, 00:10

Yes I was apart of the 1st HTPS course. It was a great course, well set up, great instructors. Any specific questions?
Old 25 July 2013, 16:47
Confirmed User

Lumberjack,

Were the 4 details you go on kind of tag along protective details or were they mock details for learning and grading?
Old 26 July 2013, 02:15

All details are mock details. You do your advance, you plan your routes, then you go out and do your detail (as a team). You treat it as you would a real detail. The Instructors will give there feedback after the detail. You receive a grade at the end of the course based on your overall performance on a tier system. I highly recommend the course. Especially if you can get the GI Bill to cover it (which it does) who doesn't like free training? Hope that helps.
Old 26 July 2013, 14:32
Confirmed User

Gi Bill coverage is the main reason I was interested in the course. Thanks for the info.
Old 28 July 2013, 01:09
Yes, I'm back

Secfor / GI Bill Courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre79 View Post
Lumberjack,

Were the 4 details you go on kind of tag along protective details or were they mock details for learning and grading?
I am a bit biased as I wrote the course, but I wanted to put my 2 cents in. First off, thank you Lumberjack for the praise.
As far as the mock details go. Most students ask us at the end of the details, if they were working actual clients. It is actually quite difficult to discern between our mock details and actual protective details.

We do details in the middle of the 19 day course unlike most schools that do a grad exercise only. You will be on a team that performs Surveillance Detection duties and then you will be switched to Close Protection for the second half of the day. This give you respect and experience at both positions.

Several days after the mid-class details you will be presented a full PowerPoint Debriefing containing video and/or photos of possible exploitation of your team during the details. At the end of the course you will once again assume a surveillance detection and a close protection role for more details. We generally see a vast improvement from your first details. These missions could include airport pick ups, border drops (we are near Mex), business meetings, lunches, and the like.

Because we are a GI Bill funded program, we were able to put resources into trained role-players, vehicles, med gear, and TCCC labs usually not found in civilian courses. I developed the course for a not-for-profit division of a California College and all instructors, including myself, are on instructor rate only. This allows us to put money into the course as nobody is expecting profit.

We are in the process of launching a pipeline of GI Approved courses that compliment each other.

-19 day High Threat Protection Course
- 8 day Executive Protection Course /Corporate-Celeb
- 6 Day High Risk First Responder w/TCCC cert etc
- 15 High Risk Static

All instructors are former military and all protective and medic instructors have worked extensively in non-permissive environments and in most cases, still do between courses.

Any other questions you can PM me or visit our site www.GIBillTactical.com
Old 6 March 2019, 11:05

What is it like now with the modules all together in the htps package?
Old 1 September 2019, 00:24
Yes, I'm back

Now accredited and GI Bill approved

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeyDM View Post
What is it like now with the modules all together in the htps package?
We have 5 modules all lumped together now.

Protective Driving
High Risk First Responder
Executive Protection
High Threat Protection
Surveillance Detection/TSMC

50 days of training over 53 days. We bought into a college and got the entire package accredited. 24 college credits (Criminal Justice) now to successful graduates.

Rick
Old 1 September 2019, 01:28
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkers View Post
We have 5 modules all lumped together now.

Protective Driving
High Risk First Responder
Executive Protection
High Threat Protection
Surveillance Detection/TSMC

50 days of training over 53 days. We bought into a college and got the entire package accredited. 24 college credits (Criminal Justice) now to successful graduates.

Rick
Rick, I design and deliver courses too. This looks good! Best of luck with the new course configuration! It's great to see professionals providing relevant and deep content!

Ivor

Our new posting rules