SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 8 December 2018, 18:19
Confirmed User

Another shining example of "the smartest among us" or "I know better than you" who really don't know or understand the true dynamics of crime and society.

I feel for the people in the poorest of neighborhoods who will actually bear the brunt of this absolutely asinine policy.
Old 8 December 2018, 18:48
Been There Done That

Probably have a negative effect on PD retention and hiring as well.
Old 8 December 2018, 18:55
Custom User Title

Boston has a really good police department but this definitely will have consequences.
Old 8 December 2018, 19:19
Road Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
....this definitely will have consequences.
Oh yeah....this should be apparent to anyone with more than two brain cells.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 8 December 2018, 19:28
Another pool cleaner

Problem is that the unintended consequences are not something she or her ilk have reasoned out.

I bet her reasoning is because "there are too many blacks in jail" excuse.

From my understanding, many of the victims are from intra-racial crimes.

Thus, her efforts to thwart perceived racial injustice by ignoring minor crimes also will beget the fact that many of those victims, who are of the same race, will not be aided by the wheels of justice.

Any LEO/officials of the court can correct me if the race statistics are incorrect.
Old 8 December 2018, 20:26
Legal Immigrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but was not one of the policing methods that helped clean up NYC was going after the minor crimes? Hitting the minor stuff, actually showed that it help prevent major crimes in the long run.
You make a good point. Broken Windows Theory, the concept behind Zero-Tolerance Policing, (that NYPD famously used to "clean up" NYC), has explained and guided Policing for a few decades now, even if Intelligence-Led and Community-Policing are the catchphrases of fashion.

If you ignore the "little" crimes, everything goes downhill very rapidly. But making it public that you will ignore those crimes? That just goes beyond any sensible thinking.
Old 8 December 2018, 20:29
Legal Immigrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
Thus, her efforts to thwart perceived racial injustice by ignoring minor crimes also will beget the fact that many of those victims, who are of the same race, will not be aided by the wheels of justice.
I say this as a former cop...the Criminal Courts are not for meting out justice for victims, and anyone who thinks so has not thought it through.
Old 8 December 2018, 20:43
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear View Post
I say this as a former cop...the Criminal Courts are not for meting out justice for victims, and anyone who thinks so has not thought it through.
Explain what this means.
Old 8 December 2018, 21:18
Been There Done That

Well, I can agree wit Nofear, from what I have seen recently here in my community regarding the court system and recent cases. No justice for the victims.

But our Republican Governor and Majority leader (RINOS) are pushing hard to include transgenders on a hate crimes bill.

But, get High on opioids and drive over and kill two teenage girls sitting having dinner in their house, get two years jail and probation, kill an art teacher - get off, school shooting - get a slap on the wrist.
Old 8 December 2018, 21:44
BTDT

it sounds like a good way to weed out all of the undesirables that will invarialblytry to protect themseoves with firearms...

THEY are the ones that need to be prosecuted - Boston needs to prosecute the living hell out of those noncorrect thinking firearms owners

Lets just pitch in and help push Bston off the eatern edge of the flat earth
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 8 December 2018, 22:09
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakers View Post
If this really takes effect the next step will be that BPD will stop responding to calls of this nature; if you don't respond you can't arrest someone, or take a report.

The second part matters more: if no reports are taken then there is no statistic that can be reported as increasing. This only works if reports of those crimes don't skyrocket, so I'd expect the word to come down that patrol officers are not to go to these calls or only if there is NOTHING else for them to do.

There is (and I mean no offense to the cops here) the liklihood that, even if police do catch someone doing the above that they won't do anything; why go through the trouble if the DA is gaurenteed not to prosecute?
That's the perspective I was missing. Thanks.
Old 8 December 2018, 22:34
Legal Immigrant

Quote:
Explain what this means.
Criminal Courts exist to control the application of punishment upon the offenders. They exist to ensure that the Govt has control, not the people.

It has been discussed on this forum frequently how the courts, or the system, treats offenders differently dependant on their station within the "system".

If the Criminal Court didn't exist, "the people" would have far more power than they do now.
Old 8 December 2018, 22:54
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
Criminal Courts exist to control the application of punishment upon the offenders. They exist to ensure that the Govt has control, not the people.

It has been discussed on this forum frequently how the courts, or the system, treats offenders differently dependant on their station within the "system".

If the Criminal Court didn't exist, "the people" would have far more power than they do now.
Agree. Rule of Law vs retribution/vigilante justice.

Are you saying that the Court should be eliminated? Or that "the people" should not have more power?
Old 8 December 2018, 23:30
I reckon so. . .

Quote:

From what I remember We the People established this gov't to do as you say, to met out punishment. The idea further so that punishments were controlled, not arbitrary and not cruel; And not "unjust."

The idea of justice is for the defendant.
Old 9 December 2018, 17:46
Legal Immigrant

Quote:
Are you saying that the Court should be eliminated? Or that "the people" should not have more power?
Neither - I was stating that it is incorrect to think that the Criminal Court system exists to provide any form of "Justice" for victims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
From what I remember We the People established this gov't to do as you say, to met out punishment. The idea further so that punishments were controlled, not arbitrary and not cruel; And not "unjust."
So where is the representation when the system publicly states, "we will not act", going against the reason that specific system was established in the first place?

Unless The People want to go all yellow-jacket, the only way to "fight" this kind of refusal to represent is at the voting booths. And by then apathy and laziness would have set in.
Old 9 December 2018, 18:09
I reckon so. . .

Quote:
Neither - I was stating that it is incorrect to think that the Criminal Court system exists to provide any form of "Justice" for victims.

So where is the representation when the system publicly states, "we will not act", going against the reason that specific system was established in the first place?

Unless The People want to go all yellow-jacket, the only way to "fight" this kind of refusal to represent is at the voting booths. And by then apathy and laziness would have set in.

It is exactly that, The Voter Booth. This Gal got voted in, even with her Campaign Website stating these facts.

So obviously her constituency wanted what she's selling. Only time will tell if the electorate are satisfied or not.

The "we will not act" thing could easily have swung in other directions that may be more palatable for a different/same voting block.
Old 9 December 2018, 19:13
Another pool cleaner

Quote:

Are you saying that this is the ideal or the reality of the criminal court?

I think many folks can see that justice is rarely the outcome of more than a few court rulings. Many would not see this as a just thing.

You seem more than Ok with this.
Old 9 December 2018, 19:14
Legal Immigrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
So obviously her constituency wanted what she's selling. Only time will tell if the electorate are satisfied or not.
Or they misunderstood what she was selling. Wouldn't be the first time that happened.

No, I'm not labelling voters stupid, I'm saying that politicians, (and anyone who has to be voted in IS a politician), often misconstrue their policies/actions/desires.
Old 9 December 2018, 21:58
I reckon so. . .

Quote:
Or they misunderstood what she was selling. Wouldn't be the first time that happened.

No, I'm not labelling voters stupid, I'm saying that politicians, (and anyone who has to be voted in IS a politician), often misconstrue their policies/actions/desires.
I'd be glad to label them stupid for you, but I'm not sure it's the correct label. Her Maybe.

The Newly Elected DA said:
". . . what I will say I’m really proud of is that we were incredibly clear about our list. I was asked about it hundreds of times and explained it. And we have a mandate. The voters knew exactly what the list was. "

In this article: Here from Boston.com news

I think she and her campaign team were simply good at selling the magical *list*.
It's a dream of some kind-of utopia, of how they'll get the drug addicts and petty criminals what they need in supportive care, community services including educational opportunities.

She wants to focus the attention of her office on more violent crime. Presently her county has the highest Homicide rate of all counties in the State of Massachusetts; 6.7 per 100k people. Population is 784K.

. . .And they also have a very high poverty rate @ 20%, USA overall rate is 13.5%.

But this post and the ilk really stray from what I believe is important and goes to the heart of the discussion.

And those are the simple facts of this idea this DA is promulgating.

IMO there is no way a former prosecutor with 20 years experience could cook something like this up and call it reasonable.

Could be she's simply power hungry and has been read in on Blagojevich's Shtick.
Old 9 December 2018, 22:46
Old and Broke

Did Soros fund her campaign?

Our new posting rules