SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 1 August 2019, 11:16
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
Dawgs are over-rated again. Just ask the Texas Longhorns who put a nice ass-whooping on 'em during bowl season.
They weren't overrated. They just never showed up, which pissed me off. Texas obviously wanted t be there, and UGA didn't. This ain't a Mark Richt team
Old 1 August 2019, 11:20
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdawg View Post
They weren't overrated. They just never showed up, which pissed me off. Texas obviously wanted t be there, and UGA didn't. This ain't a Mark Richt team
A Mark Richt team wouldn't have made to the SECC.
Old 1 August 2019, 11:28
Psalm 91:2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounceandburst View Post
Alabama ranked second, the Horror! After their abysmal showing in the Championship game last Jan. , I would have expected three or four. HAHA. Sabin will have the Tide rolling again, and I'm sure it will be the Tide and Clemson in the end. I just hope my Tide shows up next time.

Roll Tide Roll!
I’ll second this post & a big ...

Roll Tide Roll!

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Old 1 August 2019, 11:45
Authorized Personnel

Florida State did not crack the top 25. I have no qualms with that because I have very low expectations for this season. Would like to see us win half of our games but we’ll see. Go Noles

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Old 1 August 2019, 12:09
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
You fuckers bought your ticket to the top 25 over the years, thanks to our basketball and baseball programs, this time you fuckers finish the year in third place (if you're lucky), and will sink from the national rankings faster than Beamer's dopey eye and that ugly slacky-jaw.
I agree our program is not its best now, but third place will be nice after we beat UVA again the last weekend in Nov.

We have only been in the ACC since 2004, oh yea that is the last time UVA beat us in football.

Last edited by 13F/COLT; 1 August 2019 at 12:15.
Old 1 August 2019, 12:09
Confirmed User

Quote:
This kind of shit happens frequently in Bowl games. I flew to Phoenix one year to see the Vols and they quit on their coach at halftime and ended up getting blown out. What a giant fuck you to the fans.
Old 1 August 2019, 12:39
Confirmed User

NYwood914

Miami of Ohio is a great college town, and a great place to watch a game. I dated a girl who went there, and always had a blast.

I have a hard time accepting that Ohio State is ranked #3 in the preseason polls especially with a new coaching staff, new players etc.. It will be interesting to see but I think a #3 ranking is a generous.

As usual I will root and show my support for Texas A +M. With the richest contract in the history of the NCAA, Jimbo had better have just as good of season as last year.

I wonder how many games I will get to see once the ACC network becomes operational.

This year I am going to try and catch a Campbell Univ football game. I have started watching some of the smaller schools such as Univ of Richmond, Liberty Univ, Campbell etc..

Before I relocated I lived about a 1/2 mile from Univ of Richmond and I loved going to the events
Old 1 August 2019, 13:32
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
That was a frustrating game to watch. You could see it in the UGA player's faces. They had no drive, and were sulking because they didn't make the BCS playoffs. They "overrated" their own abilities and Texas walked on them...as they should have. I keep saying Fromm is a good QB, but not a great QB. His receivers are moving to the pass as thrown, instead of receiving accurately thrown passes. And with the shortage of good WRs in the UGA lineup, I think we're going to be seeing more ground game from the Dawgs this year.
Old 1 August 2019, 15:23
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F/COLT View Post
Bud will what he does and continue to kick the other teams offence in the teeth, but we will need our offence to start showing up and helping win the game.
Just Announced, Bud Foster will retire from coaching at the end of this season.
Old 1 August 2019, 17:12
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Getting things started:

Hook 'Em!
Week 2 is going to be interesting.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 1 August 2019, 18:14
Confirmed User

[QUOTE=osubuckeye762;1058807999]NYwood914

Miami of Ohio is a great college town, and a great place to watch a game. I dated a girl who went there, and always had a blast.
[\QUOTE]

Good stuff! My buddy is one of their LB coaches and is going to hook me up with sideline passes. Looking forward to it.

I see you’re an Ohio State fan. Do you remember Sammy Maldonado by any chance? Was part of John Coopers last recruiting class. Good friend of mine that I played HS football with.
Old 1 August 2019, 18:58
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
Week 2 is going to be interesting.

Indeed. I wonder who's going to be ready to play?
Old 1 August 2019, 19:12
Been There Done That

Quote:
That excuse is worn out. They talked all sorts of shit saying they should have been in the playoffs. A team that was worthy would have curb stomped Texas to show that the playoff committee screwed up. Instead they proved the committee to be correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
T A&M shocks Clemson in game 2.

Otherwise, they have an incredibly weak schedule.
The best team in every conference plays a “weak” schedule”.
Old 1 August 2019, 22:03
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Indeed. I wonder who's going to be ready to play?
LSU was a tough 10-win team when they were running a "3 yards and a cloud of dust offense" and now they're opening it up. Burrow isn't the most physically talented QB, but he's tough as nails and a complete baller. Couple a wide open offense with the talent that they always have and I think they're going to be really good this year.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 2 August 2019, 07:17
Been There Done That

Were back baby...........Roll Tide !
Old 2 August 2019, 07:28
Been There Done That

I was waiting on you....
Old 2 August 2019, 07:49
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
I was waiting on you....
Me too. Now it's real college football season.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 2 August 2019, 08:29
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
That excuse is worn out. They talked all sorts of shit saying they should have been in the playoffs. A team that was worthy would have curb stomped Texas to show that the playoff committee screwed up. Instead they proved the committee to be correct.

The best team in every conference plays a “weak” schedule”.
I disagree. I think they acted like petulant children that didn't get their way, like many 18-20 yr olds are.
The way I would have played that game (and I believe most of the types of people here as well),would be to have gone out there and shown the committee they got it wrong and curb-stomped them. But, don't let them playing lackluster, make you think that they weren't one of the best teams in the country last year.
Unfortunately, the thinking of "If I'm not the best, why bother" attitude is creeping in everywhere.
Old 2 August 2019, 08:44
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
LSU was a tough 10-win team when they were running a "3 yards and a cloud of dust offense" and now they're opening it up. Burrow isn't the most physically talented QB, but he's tough as nails and a complete baller. Couple a wide open offense with the talent that they always have and I think they're going to be really good this year.
I won't be surprised if LSU pushes the new, less experienced TX O&D lines around. We all know that's where the game is won.
Old 2 August 2019, 08:50
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
I disagree. I think they acted like petulant children that didn't get their way, like many 18-20 yr olds are.
The way I would have played that game (and I believe most of the types of people here as well),would be to have gone out there and shown the committee they got it wrong and curb-stomped them. But, don't let them playing lackluster, make you think that they weren't one of the best teams in the country last year.
Unfortunately, the thinking of "If I'm not the best, why bother" attitude is creeping in everywhere.
I don't think you are proving your point. The exact opposite happened at Texas. They got beat by OU in the Big 12 Championship. Instead of whining about it - they went out and showed the world they weren't going to lay down for anyone.

Georgia is overrated. Lacks heart. Is not well coached.

Our new posting rules