SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 5 July 2019, 08:36
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
Yeah...I never eat that slop.
You are mentioned at 5:25 on the video I posted.
Old 5 July 2019, 10:00
Been There Done That

Yup...pretty much me to the tee--but, I don't think I weigh enough to make the Mickey D's scene, nor do I require air shocks for any chair should I decide to dine within their wonderful obese haven of an establishment...my biggest problem is, I can't help but watch those welfare rescued booger pickers fixing the food back there and I know there's no damn way I'm eating anything their grubby dickskinners have handled...

...but God Bless them for doing a shitty job for minimum wage, and at least being employed.
Old 5 July 2019, 10:14
Been There Done That

Quote:
Yup...pretty much me to the tee--but, I don't think I weigh enough to make the Mickey D's scene, nor do I require air shocks for any chair should I decide to dine within their wonderful obese haven of an establishment...my biggest problem is, I can't help but watch those welfare rescued booger pickers fixing the food back there and I know there's no damn way I'm eating anything their grubby dickskinners have handled...

...but God Bless them for doing a shitty job for minimum wage, and at least being employed.
You need to eat at a Mcdonalds in Asia.

http://like-aboos.blogspot.com/2014/...-look.html?m=1
Old 5 July 2019, 11:56
Been There Done That

That's a full glass of fuck no....I've been in that part of the world a few times--I'd say half of those chicks are packing. And I don't mean that kind of packing...
Old 5 July 2019, 12:23
Freelancer

Quote:
Yeah...I never eat that slop.
If it's good enough for POTUS it should be for you.

Prefer Taco Bell myself.
Old 5 July 2019, 12:56
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
If it's good enough for POTUS it should be for you.

Prefer Taco Bell myself.
Dog food is better than Taco Bell.
Old 5 July 2019, 13:10
Been There Done That

Quote:
That's a full glass of fuck no....I've been in that part of the world a few times--I'd say half of those chicks are packing. And I don't mean that kind of packing...
Once you live in Asia for awhile, pretty easy to tell. Those girls definitely are not. Look at hands, feet, Adam’s apple, elbows, how they talk/sound, height, etc. Plus it is actually more rare than people think, just concentrated around certain urban or tourist or seedy areas. And varies from country. Pretty much non existent in Cambodia, very rare, compared to say Pattaya or some areas of Bangkok. Cambodians actually make fun of the Thais over this. Most Thais are pretty conservative actually. Just the media likes to focus on one small segment.

Anyway, the McDonalds overseas are definitely different.

Best McDonalds ever had - I was living in rural Yunnan province China for two months back in mid 90s. No western food at all, only Chinese. Then travelled by train to GZ, then across the border to Hong Kong. As soon as went through immigration there were the Golden Arches in the train station. Ran over there, literally ran and ordered a double cheeseburger and a small fries. A taste of America!

It has now become my tradition. Every time since then when I return to America, I get a McDonalds double cheeseburger and small fries.
Old 5 July 2019, 13:13
Freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
I grew up on Dinty Moore which looked a lot like Alpo.

Taco Bell is gourmet. No Del Tacos here either.
Old 5 July 2019, 13:16
Skandalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
I grew up on Dinty Moore which looked a lot like Alpo.....
Yep...that and the Dinty Moore Hash. Not sure which was worse, but it filled the void I had in my gut. Made you really appreciate MRE's....
Old 5 July 2019, 13:19
Freelancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
Yep...that and the Dinty Moore Hash. Not sure which was worse, but it filled the void I had in my gut. Made you really appreciate MRE's....
Deviled ham made me appreciate cat food.
Old 5 July 2019, 14:45
Been There Done That

Only one thing more nasty than Taco Bell beef, that is Slim Jim’s. My dogs Pupperoni treats are better.

Deviled Ham? Well, best dip ever is a can of Deviled ham mixed with a package of Philadelphia cream cheese. Combine with some triscuits or bagel chips.

Dinty More Hash with a fried egg on top - that was breakfast growing up if Dad made breakfast.
Old 5 July 2019, 14:50
Shakin' the bush Boss

Taco Bell - I hate it, but you have to respect food that comes from a giant caulking gun.
Old 5 July 2019, 15:01
Confirmed User

Used to bring cans of Dinty Moore beef stew camping and then just heat them up over the fire while the potatoes were wrapped and cooking in the ash.
Old 5 July 2019, 21:31
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
Once you live in Asia for awhile, pretty easy to tell. Those girls definitely are not. Look at hands, feet, Adam’s apple, elbows, how they talk/sound, height, etc. Plus it is actually more rare than people think, just concentrated around certain urban or tourist or seedy areas. And varies from country. Pretty much non existent in Cambodia, very rare, compared to say Pattaya or some areas of Bangkok. Cambodians actually make fun of the Thais over this. Most Thais are pretty conservative actually. Just the media likes to focus on one small segment.

Anyway, the McDonalds overseas are definitely different.

Best McDonalds ever had - I was living in rural Yunnan province China for two months back in mid 90s. No western food at all, only Chinese. Then travelled by train to GZ, then across the border to Hong Kong. As soon as went through immigration there were the Golden Arches in the train station. Ran over there, literally ran and ordered a double cheeseburger and a small fries. A taste of America!

It has now become my tradition. Every time since then when I return to America, I get a McDonalds double cheeseburger and small fries.
Well then, you MUST try McD's in Japan. Just once. I normally wouldn't suggest that given the wonderful variety of awesome food there, but you can try McD's in Narita airport.

https://www.tsunagujapan.com/50-mcdo...only-in-japan/
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke

Last edited by Purple36; 5 July 2019 at 21:36.
Old 6 July 2019, 14:59
Make a desert and call it peace.

Working vampire shift, the pickings are pretty slim at 0330. McD's breakfast is the least shitty meal they serve, an egg McMuffin and a cup of coffee actually qualifies as food. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.”
- Robert E. Lee
Old 7 July 2019, 09:33
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
While roasted chicken is great, sometimes while traveling (such as airports,overseas, road trips, etc) access to a McDonalds is what is most easiest or all you have. Kentland, Indiana - McDonalds. But nearest grocery store or Walmart a 30 minute drive away. : ). So, if grab a mcdonalds can still go Keto and one knows exactly were they are on calorie count.

Sodium intake is a concern though with McDonalds so should not be all one eats,, just more occasionally.
You need the increased sodium intake if you're going Keto.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 7 July 2019, 11:49
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
You need the increased sodium intake if you're going Keto.
Why is that?
Old 7 July 2019, 12:22
BTDT

No idea on the Keto/Sodium link, but generally, unless your doctor has told you that you have a genetic abnormality where Sodium causes higher blood pressure (and be careful - the general gen-pop medical advice to avoid sodium whole cloth, is BS) - Sodium is good for you (athletic performance) and generally the best source of Iodine (which is how we ended up with Iodized Salt in the first place).

You actually need to worry about Potassium intake - the US population takes in way too little Potassium, which causes all sorts of heart problems (and no, I'm not talking about taking a kilo of it - that will kill you). Ideally you want a 2:1 ratio of Potassium:Sodium - so track your intakes using an "App" and adjust from there.

Just realize that all Sodium used in food/restaurants is un-iodized, so I just salt all my food with Iodized Sea Salt (I don't eat out hardly at all). Also, all those "Himalayan Pink" like salts, don't contain iodine, they aren't "healthy" - just use Morton/Haim.

I eat a lot of high Potassium foods and still end up taking in an extra gram of Potassium tablets per day - bloodwork is perfect (top of range) for both Na and K.
Old 7 July 2019, 19:17
Only slightly useless.

Quote:
Hey now! As someone who has spent the last 24 years working at various levels of management for a Taco Bell franchise, I.........

Ok, you may have a point there😁!

" when life gives you lemons, make grape juice and confuse the hell out of them"
Old 7 July 2019, 19:53
Confirmed User

Quote:
Those photos are from Japan, so you're good. Trannys aren't really common over here, and I'd say that 80+% of the ones I've seen are pretty obvious...like, 5 o'clock shadow obvious.

Our new posting rules