SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 10 July 2019, 09:13
Confirmed User

Perot received my first vote for a presidential candidate. I remember reading On Wings of Eagles and was very impressed with him. Fox showed a clip last night of things he said about NAFTA and the economy and how he turned out to be right.

RIP
Old 10 July 2019, 09:16
been ***** **** that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
Perot received my first vote for a presidential candidate. I remember reading On Wings of Eagles and was very impressed with him. Fox showed a clip last night of things he said about NAFTA and the economy and how he turned out to be right.

RIP
He was also my first vote . I was extremely anti politics and did not care for Bush or Clinton.
Old 10 July 2019, 10:55
Authorized Personnel

I remember reading On Wings of Eagles too. Did not realize he went to Annapolis. Fair winds and following seas... RIP Sir.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Old 10 July 2019, 14:41

I voted for Mr. Perot back in the day. I believe he would’ve done wonders for this country.

RIP, sir.
Old 10 July 2019, 15:38
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
He was also my first vote...
Same here.

RIP
Old 10 July 2019, 17:13
Been There Done That

OK...recount.

Karl Childers
Old 11 July 2019, 01:18
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

I voted for him twice. Not Chicago style, but 1992 and 1996.

I think two great turning points in our nation's history were not electing Perot in 1992 and not electing Goldwater in 1964. With Goldwater there would be no Great Society, no War on Poverty, no Immigration Act of 1965; the Civil Rights Act would have gone through anyway because it was a Republican bill, but it wouldn't have been tied to an expectation of endless handouts. With Goldwater we probably don't get a Nixon presidency which gave us the EPA, OSHA, and other massive and unconstitutional boondoggles. With Perot there would have been no NAFTA and no WTO; Somalia would have been handled differently, as would the response to Al Qaeda terrorist attacks in the 1990s. The issues that seem to plague us the most today - skyrocketing national debt, unending foreign wars without definable objectives, uncontrolled immigration, a bloated executive branch bureaucracy acting as its own shadow government - turned on the results of those two elections.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 12 July 2019, 14:12
Life is simple, not easy.

Story from TX Governor Rick Perry on Ross Perot:

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/c...can-tell-story

Quote:
I knew there was one person to call: Ross Perot. What happened next still amazes me to this day. The next morning, Ross personally called Rosie and made arrangements for his plane to pick up the Babins in Austin and fly them to Dallas where Alan could be seen by leading neurologists at Zale Lipshy University Hospital.

When the hospital elevators opened, Ross was standing there to meet Alan personally and ensure that he got the best of care. Later that day, Rosie was handed a key to a hotel room across the street so she could be close to Alan throughout his extended stay.

It didn't stop there.

Also this:

Quote:
Today, Alan and his parents live together in a specially adapted smarthome provided by the generosity of another great champion of our wounded warriors, Gary Sinise.
Old 12 July 2019, 16:52
Anesthetized User

Opposite of today's blowhards, he did it with little if any fanfare. IIRC.

Classy.

It don't come easy.--Ringo Starr

"And all that remains is the faces and the names of the wives and the sons and the daughters."--Gordon Lightfoot.

Our new posting rules