SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 30 April 2019, 19:01
Been There Done That

Thumbs up

Found guilty:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/former-mi...er-calling-911
Old 30 April 2019, 19:26
Road Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
What bugs me is the lack of accountability on their part.
Man..... this did not age well.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 30 April 2019, 20:18

From what I know of the case I definitely support those findings.
Old 30 April 2019, 20:48
Policeman Officer

Good call. Now charge the politicians who let him on the street.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 30 April 2019, 21:56
Did...did I do that?

Good. Now if they give him a meaningful sentence, I'll be impressed.
Old 30 April 2019, 22:44
Road Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post
Good. Now if they give him a meaningful sentence, I'll be impressed.
What’s meaningful? Give me a number.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 1 May 2019, 00:14
Been There Done That

How do they get him on manslaughter and murder 3?
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 1 May 2019, 10:11
Confirmed User

and, cue the race card in 3, 2, Oh wait, too late.

In a statement, the Somali-American Police Association (SAPA) criticized the jury's decision.

"Officer Noor is the first police officer in Minnesota's history to be convicted of murder while in the line of duty," the statement read. "SAPA believes the institutional prejudices against people of color, including officers of color, have heavily influenced the verdict of this case. The aggressive manner in which the Hennepin County Attorney's Office went after Officer Noor reveals that there were other motives at play other than serving justice."

"SAPA fears the outcome of this case will have a devastating effect on police morale and make the recruitment of minority officers all the more difficult."
Old 1 May 2019, 10:27
Make a desert and call it peace.

Meh, him being Somali is doubtless the reason he even had the job. Which has proven to be a shit decision in retrospect. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.”
- Robert E. Lee
Old 1 May 2019, 11:05
Confirmed User

Australian Woman Shot After Dialing 911

https://www4.co.hennepin.mn.us/webbo...num=2019009759
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Noor.jpg (17.6 KB, 132 views)
Old 1 May 2019, 11:22
Old and Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebean54 View Post
Max sentence.
Then the left can say it's cause he's black
Old 1 May 2019, 11:47
Problem Solver

Max him out.

I hope to see the same headline for former DPD Officer Amber Guyger later this year...

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 1 May 2019, 12:18
Confirmed User

Minnesota Sentencing Guidelines

http://mn.gov/msgc-stat/documents/NewGuidelines/2018/StandardGrid.pdf
Old 1 May 2019, 12:35
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebean54 View Post
I'd be happy with 10-12 years.

I just don't want to see something like "We're just giving him a couple of years of probation and six months house arrest 'cause his life was ruined."
Old 1 May 2019, 13:11
Been There Done That

One gets higher/stiffer sentencing if they kill a police officer, correct? And rightly so. But then should not the same hold true in the reverse since police are held to higher standards? Reason police killers get stiffer sentencing is cause one is not just killing the cop but assaulting the whole system of law, order, justice.

So if a cop is found guilty of murder/manslaughter his sentencing should be stiffer. As this sends a positive message to the public.
Old 1 May 2019, 16:17
Policeman Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Max him out.

I hope to see the same headline for former DPD Officer Amber Guyger later this year...
I disagree. I think she fucked up huge but genuinely believed the victim was an intruder in her home.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

Old 1 May 2019, 20:22
Road Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN View Post
Max sentence.
Then the left can say it's cause he's black
After reviewing the sentence rec’s, I concur on maxing him out.

Old 1 May 2019, 20:25
Road Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
One gets higher/stiffer sentencing if they kill a police officer, correct? And rightly so. But then should not the same hold true in the reverse since police are held to higher standards? Reason police killers get stiffer sentencing is cause one is not just killing the cop but assaulting the whole system of law, order, justice.

So if a cop is found guilty of murder/manslaughter his sentencing should be stiffer. As this sends a positive message to the public.
Murder of a cop/ hate crime laws etc:

All feel good bullshit. If I’m a black cop and you kill me because I’m a black cop..... I’m still dead and you still committed murder.....does the reason matter?

He commited a crime under the color of law so he could (and should) be eligible for some extra.

Old 2 May 2019, 10:00
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post

I disagree. I think she fucked up huge but genuinely believed the victim was an intruder in her home.
Well, she needs to be held accountable for fucking up huge because in all actuality, she was an intruder in his home and killed an innocent man through absolutely no fault of his own.

If Noor is guilty, Guyger is twice as guilty...

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 2 May 2019, 10:26
Policeman Officer

Did I say she shouldn't be held accountable? I think there's quite a difference between shooting across the front of your partner from the passenger's seat and killing a woman in her pajamas vs shooting a man who you think is an intruder in your home.

Our new posting rules