SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Gear, Survival and Fieldcraft

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #461  
Old 7 May 2020, 21:53
wowzers wowzers is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,444
It’s actually warmer than normal up here. I’m a month ahead of schedule!
Reply With Quote
  #462  
Old 7 May 2020, 22:22
Gsniper Gsniper is online now
Shakin' the bush Boss
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8,886
Every time I get a good batch of coronavirus going it fucking snows.
Reply With Quote
  #463  
Old 8 May 2020, 01:19
schibbs schibbs is offline
been ***** **** that
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,514
I am about ready to blow this pop stand! My sister and Ma love Roundup, we are talking buttloads. My sister,(the farmer's wife) just sprayed the shit out of everything again. Is there anywhere one can send water samples from wells to test for chemicals in roundup? The shit pisses me off so bad I can't sleep! With all the roundup used in the fields and all the human waste that is cut into the fields around here, these wells got to have a shitload of bad things in it. Water tests always come back clean around here. I need a test done outside of Ag country!
Reply With Quote
  #464  
Old 8 May 2020, 07:41
wowzers wowzers is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,444
Sorry to hear. I have a neighbor like that except his affinity is 24d.
Reply With Quote
  #465  
Old 9 May 2020, 13:17
schibbs schibbs is offline
been ***** **** that
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,514
I feel bad for all the Hmong around here who plant huge gardens, as it is the livelyhood for many of the elder ones. Most of the local farmers markets are supplied by Hmong gardens. We got about a week of freezes going on and these farmers like to get their stuff in early.
Reply With Quote
  #466  
Old 13 May 2020, 14:44
Gsniper Gsniper is online now
Shakin' the bush Boss
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8,886
I'm fixing to get rich, or get another visit from the Revenue Man.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coors.JPG (188.8 KB, 108 views)
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Old 13 May 2020, 14:51
JAFO's Avatar
JAFO JAFO is online now
33,024 - R.I.P.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 4,411
Anyone else grow hydrangeas? I canít keep these things alive. The soil has plenty of acidity, and they are watered every other day.
__________________
"Until Jesus gets into the gun business, there will never be a perfect gun.Ē - Will Larson (iraqgunz) RIP.
Reply With Quote
  #468  
Old 13 May 2020, 14:54
CPTAUSRET's Avatar
CPTAUSRET CPTAUSRET is offline
BTDT
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Iowa City, Iowa...
Posts: 10,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
I'm fixing to get rich, or get another visit from the Revenue Man.
Cute, I'll take a cold one.
__________________
"IF THOU STRIKETH THE KING, STRIKE NOT TO WOUND":
Reply With Quote
  #469  
Old 13 May 2020, 16:53
1RiserSlip's Avatar
1RiserSlip 1RiserSlip is online now
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Po Dunk, WV
Posts: 8,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
I'm fixing to get rich, or get another visit from the Revenue Man.
Light beer? Might as well grow some fruit next to it.
__________________
RLTW
Reply With Quote
  #470  
Old 13 May 2020, 16:55
Gsniper Gsniper is online now
Shakin' the bush Boss
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8,886
Coors Light is like sex in a canoe...………….fucking near water.
Reply With Quote
  #471  
Old 13 May 2020, 21:14
schibbs schibbs is offline
been ***** **** that
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
Anyone else grow hydrangeas? I canít keep these things alive. The soil has plenty of acidity, and they are watered every other day.
Ours are planted and just left alone. I have found with good soil , around here, they never need watering. They do not like to be flooded. The only problem here with plants is moles. They burrow around the root system looking for chow and compromise the root system.
Reply With Quote
  #472  
Old 14 May 2020, 06:09
Mingo Kane's Avatar
Mingo Kane Mingo Kane is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
I'm fixing to get rich, or get another visit from the Revenue Man.
Never had much luck growing the natural red-eyes...
Reply With Quote
  #473  
Old 17 May 2020, 12:07
RGR.Montcalm's Avatar
RGR.Montcalm RGR.Montcalm is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Clearing fields of fire
Posts: 11,394
Today was a red letter day! I wish I had thought to take pictures but my 9 y/o grand daughter learned to use the tiller and we planter garlic and black eyed peas!

I took her to the patch of clover that I have harvested at least 3 dozen 4 leaf clovers and let her pick a few.

She hasn't stopped talking about it.
__________________
Shallow men believe in luck; strong men believe in cause and effect
Reply With Quote
  #474  
Old 17 May 2020, 12:14
Mars's Avatar
Mars Mars is online now
Renuo Victima Esse
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Shadow Gallery
Posts: 8,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR.Montcalm View Post
Today was a red letter day! I wish I had thought to take pictures but my 9 y/o grand daughter learned to use the tiller and we planter garlic and black eyed peas!

I took her to the patch of clover that I have harvested at least 3 dozen 4 leaf clovers and let her pick a few.

She hasn't stopped talking about it.
Those are *forever* memories!
Reply With Quote
  #475  
Old 17 May 2020, 13:37
wildman43's Avatar
wildman43 wildman43 is offline
Never to old to learn
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 3,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
Ours are planted and just left alone. I have found with good soil , around here, they never need watering. They do not like to be flooded. The only problem here with plants is moles. They burrow around the root system looking for chow and compromise the root system.
If you can find a open hole where they are using, Get some Road Flares Light one an put in in the hole. Then look around to see if you can locate any more open holds an do the same thing.
Reply With Quote
  #476  
Old 17 May 2020, 16:21
wildman43's Avatar
wildman43 wildman43 is offline
Never to old to learn
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 3,304
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
Ours are planted and just left alone. I have found with good soil , around here, they never need watering. They do not like to be flooded. The only problem here with plants is moles. They burrow around the root system looking for chow and compromise the root system.
Try this you will need a metal rod no more than 1/4 in round,
you will be to put in the ground about a foot, It needs to be above the ground 2 to 3 feet.

Now the top that is sticking out of the ground you need to attach something that the wind can make it vibrate. For some reason the MOLES don't like it .

What I use to do was use PBC an put the metal rod in side of it. It vibrate more. just a suggestion.
Reply With Quote
  #477  
Old 17 May 2020, 17:28
schibbs schibbs is offline
been ***** **** that
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post
Try this you will need a metal rod no more than 1/4 in round,
you will be to put in the ground about a foot, It needs to be above the ground 2 to 3 feet.

Now the top that is sticking out of the ground you need to attach something that the wind can make it vibrate. For some reason the MOLES don't like it .

What I use to do was use PBC an put the metal rod in side of it. It vibrate more. just a suggestion.


With the number of the little buggers around here, the flare method would make my yard look like a yard in Hawaii next to a volcano. The rod method would make my yard look like we were surrounded by the great Sioux nation and they were bracketing my AO with arrows!
Reply With Quote
  #478  
Old 17 May 2020, 18:29
wildman43's Avatar
wildman43 wildman43 is offline
Never to old to learn
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 3,304
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
With the number of the little buggers around here, the flare method would make my yard look like a yard in Hawaii next to a volcano. The rod method would make my yard look like we were surrounded by the great Sioux nation and they were bracketing my AO with arrows!
What I state is for a garden, It only takes a couple rods attach a U.S. Flag to the top it works an you are flying a couple of flags

Your front Yard will only take about two (2) Road Flares, You lite the flare stick it in the hole as far as you can very little smoke , all you need to do is find two holes an a Flare in each one. 15 min flares is all you need
Reply With Quote
  #479  
Old 18 May 2020, 19:30
wildman43's Avatar
wildman43 wildman43 is offline
Never to old to learn
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 3,304
Angry

Dam California this year has F/U everything, rain, 50 MPH Wind, a little sun, then more rain & wind. Had the yard cleaned up last week. Dam grass & what every else is trying to grow except my garden. OH an I for got to bitch about the dam Moths this year, Never seen so many, have sprayed several times.
Reply With Quote
  #480  
Old 18 May 2020, 22:19
The Fat Guy's Avatar
The Fat Guy The Fat Guy is offline
Hard to Kill
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Getting off the lawn.
Posts: 15,740
So far we have pole beans, peas, spaghetti squash, corn, sweet taters and regular taters and strawberries in. Still lots of room.
__________________
No one will take better care of us, than us: Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:51.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
© SOCNET 1996-2020