SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 25 January 2010, 19:08

I'm a former Marine (1/5, Force) that got lucky looking for contracting work and stumbled onto these forums.

Cheers.
Old 26 January 2010, 02:50

My name is David, I live in Seattle, Washington. I'm enrolled in high school here, and I am a future Navy SEAL candidate. I row for the hardy Green Lake Crew. This is a first-rate research site. (Frog, I like your style, Sir ; )

Last edited by Hold Fast; 26 January 2010 at 02:53.
Old 26 January 2010, 09:47

Hello.

I am the wife of a soldier who recently joined the army and who is looking for a career in the officer corps. I'm here because I'm officially our household's furthering education manager, meaning, I set up a lot of the study plans.

We have both worked in Afghanistan, the former Soviet Union, Europe, and the US, and have several languages. (None of that work was military in any way, with the exception of a little bit of translation for the military.)

I came to this forum when looking at information about the DLPT (whether our scores were good, and why my native-speaker husband only got a 3+ in his native language on the DLPT 4- he thought he'd inevitably max it out, didn't happen and now I see why) and I signed up because I thought it would be useful to do more than just eavesdrop on what future colleagues / bosses might have on their minds.

Thanks for letting me join this community. I hope we can eventually contribute information to reciprocate for what we get.
Old 26 January 2010, 11:40

Hello all,

I enlisted in the TXNG in 2007, after graduating OSUT I contracted with ROTC at Sam Houston State. After about a year I realized that this was not the right path for me. I graduated Airborne school in July '09 and am about 47 hours from graduating with my BA in Criminal Justice. I am currently waiting on my disenrollment from ROTC in hopes to try out for 19th group.

Thank you for letting me be a part of your community, I am here to learn.
Old 26 January 2010, 13:33
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11B DBD View Post
Hello all,

I enlisted in the TXNG in 2007, after graduating OSUT I contracted with ROTC at Sam Houston State. After about a year I realized that this was not the right path for me. I graduated Airborne school in July '09 and am about 47 hours from graduating with my BA in Criminal Justice. I am currently waiting on my disenrollment from ROTC in hopes to try out for 19th group.

Thank you for letting me be a part of your community, I am here to learn.
Thanks for your service

Start rucking now...
Old 26 January 2010, 18:10

Hello all
I am a former USAF combat controller, proud to be an operator and just darn proud to serve in general. I owe so much to my former career field that I wouldn't even know where to start. I beam with pride everytime I fire up the computer and hear of another news story of bravery like SSgt Rhyner or SSgt. Robert Gutierrez Jr (team Gimme Whiskey) and so many others including the recent Haiti humanitarian effort. A piece of me dies for every brother that I lose, but smile knowing they were the same action junkie as I, and were lucky enough to go doing exactly what they loved by putting themselves in harms way. I still do my memorial pushups to my fallen comrads to start the day.

Thanks to those that provide this platform to learn/teach and absorb. Thanks to ALL who served. HOOYAH NEVER QUIT!
Old 27 January 2010, 11:09
Been There Done That

CCTUSAF, welcome. There's not a lot of CCT's in here, but we're always looking for a few more. PM me your info...IE: 21/22/23/24 etc. I am still AD.
Old 27 January 2010, 13:15

Former B co 3rd Plt 1/75 04-09; Currently a contractor.
5xOIF; 1xOEF vet
RIP PFC Hario, SSG Dahlke, SGT Sanchez, SSG Davis; I knew them well and won't forget them. 1/75 had a bad year, maybe their worst.
Much respect for anyone who serves.
Old 27 January 2010, 17:34
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17511b View Post
Former B co 3rd Plt 1/75 04-09; Currently a contractor.
5xOIF; 1xOEF vet
RIP PFC Hario, SSG Dahlke, SGT Sanchez, SSG Davis; I knew them well and won't forget them. 1/75 had a bad year, maybe their worst.
Much respect for anyone who serves.
Welcome!

I was in B Co 2nd Plt and Wpns Plt and HHC AT Plt in 77-80
Bunches of FOGs here to swap "there I was' stories with!
Old 27 January 2010, 22:31
Been There Done That

nick17511b, Welcome aboard, I was in 3rd Plt also (33 years ago) so good to see you here. There are a few of us Battle Company Rangers here like Rick said.

Stay Safe and Have a Good One!
Old 28 January 2010, 03:52

New Guy!

Hello all! I recently sep'd honorably from th US Marines. I was Deployed 3 times to Iraq and cant wait to get back! Was an Arty man with "A" Btry 1/11 and later with HQ Btry 1/11. Excited to be with SOCNET!
Old 28 January 2010, 13:43

Hey folks,

Former USMC 1985-89. Not Specops but just a grunt!

Dog
Old 28 January 2010, 19:24

Hi all! Retired Air Force Lt Col here. Career intel officer, spent ~90% of it in special ops (Hurlburt, Bragg, Philippines, Korea, Panama, etc.).
Old 28 January 2010, 20:51

aloha!

aloha everyone. former marine of 9 yrs. 3rd marines and 4th force.
contracted for 6 yrs teaching on AT/FP program throughout pacific region and some other areas.
currently working as federal SRT police office here in K-bay, Hawaii as team leader and marksman observer for team.
looking forward to meeting, exchanging knowledge and learning more!
Old 28 January 2010, 21:28

Intro

I'm a former Marine Security Guard and have worked in the private security industry since 2004. I have worked in Egypt, Guatemala, and Iraq. Currently I live in Medellin Colombia.

Evan
Old 29 January 2010, 00:43

Hey my name is Jeff Sarver. I have been in EOD for around 14 years more. I was at the 75th from 96-99/ Sinai from 99-00/ 788th from 00-05/ 764th from 06-07/ Picatinny EOD from 07-09. Now the crruent OPS NCOIC for the 184th EOD BN. Went to Iraq two times/ Afghanistan for a collection/ Bosnia for 9 months/ Bright Star (Egypt) for 4 months/ Sinai for a year/ Kyrgyzstan two times. About to go to Afghanistan for a year. Looking forward to going cause I retire within 4 months redeploying. Gonna do a ton of hunting, trapping, fishing, taxidermy & watching my four great kids grow up. Nice to be on here.
Old 29 January 2010, 10:47

I was with the 71st LRP, RVN 67/68, and M Company 75th Ranger, RVN 69/70. Between tours to Vietnam I was assigned to the SF Group at Fort Derussy HI as a active duty advisor. Then an assignment to G3 operations, USAHPAC. Next a short assigment to 5th SF Group, before being assigned to M/75th. For the last 25 years I've worked as a California Licensed Investigator/Bodyguard. Now semi-retired and living in the Metro Atlanta area.

Bob Sampson
Old 29 January 2010, 12:02

Hey everyone, my name is Liam Robinson (Robbo) and I am currently working in Iraq as the Team Leader of a Close Protection Team in Baghdad. I am a former British Soldier, serving with the Parachute Regiment (2nd Battalion) from 1989 - 1999, I then served with UK Special Forces Support Group from 1999 - 2005.

Operational tours have included Northern Ireland, Kuwait, Iraq (Gulf War - 1990 - 1991), Bosnia, Kosovo, Sierra Leone, Iraq (2003) and Afghanistan.
Old 29 January 2010, 13:18

Hi everyone. I am originally from Hawai'i but I am currently attending college in Oregon. I want to be an Army Special Forces Soldier and joined this site to learn as much as possible from people who been there and done it.
Old 29 January 2010, 15:01

I've been coming here for many years and posted under a few different screen names that have been gone for years now. I thought I'd post an intro before I add some comments to a thread I could help out with.

I'm a Navy HM with 7 years active duty and 11 reserve.
Deployed to Iraq with Kilo Co. 3rd Bn 24th Marines in 2004 to Abu Ghraib Prison and again with Charlie Co. 1st Bn 24th Marines in 2006 to Fallujah

Our new posting rules