SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Medical

Old 9 October 2018, 15:47
Anesthetized User

I am going to make Poly’s head explode.

T is 577.

I do not understand either. Where are our Physicians and PA’s?

Support SOCNET.

Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic. (MICP)
Old 10 October 2018, 10:34
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatmedic View Post
I am going to make Poly’s head explode.

T is 577.

I do not understand either. Where are our Physicians and PA’s?
If you mean how did it go from 300 to 577 10 years later - not that difficult to understand, based on environmental factors:

The diurnal cycle of T has it highest in the AM and dropping as the day goes on. If you had your 2009 blood draw in the afternoon, it would be lower - the swing can be a couple hundred points. Diet and environmental stress lowers it as well - if you were on AD, running your ass off every day, drinking, sleeping less, with poor diet (especially calorically) - they all lower testosterone.

577 won't get you treated by any mainstream Doc. Ideally SHBG and Free T would have been pulled as well.

But if you feel great, have a good sex-drive, sleep well, are gaining strength/size from training and can lose fat when you try - 577 is fine - especially if older.
Old 14 October 2018, 04:51
Confirmed User

Poly -- a question. I've been following this thread closely, since I'm always looking to improve my performance, by diet, workout regime, protein powder/creatine, etc. I'd never before SOCNET had any exposure to what T-levels might be according to age. I'm now working long term in Mexico, but by a weird situation, have access to comprehensive 1st world facilities -- so I recently renewed my health physical, but this time I included all of the tests that you recommended on this thread. I have those results -- looks like I can make some basic assumptions given my age, but I'd much rather get a solid US analysis based on solid testing here (at a ridiculously reduced cost). Any advice, specifically as to a referral to a solid MD that would take vetted lab results from another country, and then give a diagnosis? Just want a good expert in the field to advise on the next step.
Old 14 October 2018, 07:23
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator3 View Post
Any advice, specifically as to a referral to a solid MD that would take vetted lab results from another country, and then give a diagnosis? Just want a good expert in the field to advise on the next step.
I have no idea about any doctors that would (or would not) take your non-USA test - hell, doctors don't even have to take your US test and insist *they* issue the lab order. Bring what you have now and see, maybe ask over the phone. discountedlabs.com has the TRT panels for about $200 - unless you live in New England or HI (and can't drive to a surrounding state) you can get your own Labcorp workup done through them.
Old 16 October 2018, 20:53
Anesthetized User

Poly, from discountedlabsdotcom:

Can you recommend the right tests?

I know I am putting you out, but your are the SME and I appreciate your help.

Support SOCNET.

Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic. (MICP)
Old 17 October 2018, 08:45
BTDT

Depends on if you're trying to get insurance to pay, or going out of pocket (and this really just depends on if you are trying to pinch every penny - the Pre-TRT is always recommended when starting, so you'll have a baseline PSA, etc...):

The Pre-TRT Panel will be what insurance wants.

The TRT-Followup Panel has the minimum stuff to effectively treat.

(I'm on a foreign VPN server right now, so can't get to each exact URL, just search ---> discountedlabs.com pre-trt in Google, or go to the main page and look in the Male Hormonal Health sections).

I would add DHEA-S to any test that doesn't have it - it's a one time thing just to see if you should supplement.

Our new posting rules