SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > ARSOF Recruitment and Prep

Closed Thread

Old 17 June 2018, 05:48
On the Extract Bird

Icon5 Is direct commissioning possible?

I am a civilian now, did a 6 year enlistment as a 35 series, and ended up in the 160th due do being awesome. *Be nice today is my birthday*

I am not about that contractor life. I want to go back in as a commissioned officer. I would like to go Special forces and tackle selection. I have had various discriptions of what is possible from HRC, to OCS, the GOarmy recruiters, and even SPC ops recruiters. From what I have read there is nothing spotting me from going direct commission back in. The OCS guidelines even mention AFS but no regulation covers direct commissioning that I could find.

Can someone clear up the confusion? I am highly qualified and I know it is a rarity to want to go back, but still. I want to command, and I want to do swoopy stuff. Whats the real deal?
Old 17 June 2018, 05:59
BTDT

You are so awesome and qualified that you can't follow instructions. Go post an introduction in the appropriate place as you were instructed when you registered.

Officers need attention to detail.
Old 17 June 2018, 06:03
On the Extract Bird

didn't think anyone would notice me not saying hi. Who would keep track of that? You I take it.
Old 17 June 2018, 06:29
Been There Done That

Is that a helicopter I hear in the distance?
Old 17 June 2018, 06:59
Shakin' the bush Boss

The way it works here is you post an intro before you start posting. If that doesn't fit your agenda, disappear or somebody will disappear you. Quickly. This isn't facebook, follow the rules or get the fuck out.
Old 17 June 2018, 07:04
On the Extract Bird

such gentlemen
Old 17 June 2018, 07:08
Been There Done That

Snarky little fuck aren't we? You come here to ask a question that several recruiters have told you the answer to, which you being too special don't/cannot accept, and make snide remarks to folks? Change your ways or bye.
Old 17 June 2018, 07:15
Been There Done That

It's getting closer.....sounds like a chinook
Old 17 June 2018, 07:23
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightstalker86 View Post
I am a civilian now, did a 6 year enlistment as a 35 series, and ended up in the 160th due do being awesome. *Be nice today is my birthday*

I am not about that contractor life. I want to go back in as a commissioned officer. I would like to go Special forces and tackle selection. I have had various discriptions of what is possible from HRC, to OCS, the GOarmy recruiters, and even SPC ops recruiters. From what I have read there is nothing spotting me from going direct commission back in. The OCS guidelines even mention AFS but no regulation covers direct commissioning that I could find.

Can someone clear up the confusion? I am highly qualified and I know it is a rarity to want to go back, but still. I want to command, and I want to do swoopy stuff. Whats the real deal?
Quote:
didn't think anyone would notice me not saying hi. Who would keep track of that? You I take it.
Quote:
such gentlemen
You are one stupid little fuck.
Old 17 June 2018, 07:26
BTDT

A few things about this site for you (and any other new comer).
1. I noticed your first post. When you post something like you did, any of the moderators, admins, or verified BTDT are going to look at your post and notice it was your first. The rule about posting an intro here is adhered to. I am sure people get away with not doing it once in a while, but they don't do it while posting how great they are.
2. The fact that you admit that you would ignore the rule because you didn't think anyone would notice says a lot about you.
3. You are currently an unknown commodity on this forum. At the same time, if you served where you claim, it is likely that there is a verified member of the forum that either knows you or knows of you. I imagine some of them may be by soon to ask about your credentials. Conduct yourself accordingly.
4. Disrespecting any of the verified BTDTs isn't tolerated.
Old 17 June 2018, 07:27
Administrator

Banned
Old 17 June 2018, 07:34
Been There Done That

Less than 2 hours. I'm guessing that's not a record, though.
Old 17 June 2018, 10:07
Old Scroll

Nope. Not even close.

BTW, direct commissions are available for Chaplains, JAG, & Medical. My guess would be that as HSLD as he is, none of those fields apply; that he deserved a MI direct commission due to his awesome awesomeness

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 17 June 2018, 12:00
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Apparently you thought wrong... Enjoy your birthday!
Old 17 June 2018, 12:05
In Vino Veritas

Lightbulb

Quote:

I don’t think “highly qualified” means what you think it means...

You want to be an O but come here like a twat waffle, insert golf clap here. You’re a Millennial, aren’t you? Wait, don’t answer that, lol, you’re banned
Old 17 June 2018, 12:13
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
I don’t think “highly qualified” means what you think it means...

You want to be an O but come here like a twat waffle, insert golf clap here. You’re a Millennial, aren’t you? Wait, don’t answer that, lol, you’re banned
You realize you are dogpiling on a guy that when you clear the dogs away, is no longer under the pile?
Old 17 June 2018, 12:48
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
You realize you are dogpiling on a guy that when you clear the dogs away, is no longer under the pile?
Who are you, Ghandi?
Old 17 June 2018, 12:48
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
LOL
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when I’m attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules