SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET - The Special Operations Community Network > Legacy > Medal of Honor

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 December 2009, 18:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
I think someone's home is something to be quite worried about.

HAs, like them or not, exist because people realized that it sucks ass to drop a shitload of money down for your dream, only to have your neighbor park his fridge on the lawn, throw up a ratty chainlink fence, and paint his house the fuchsia color he has always dreamed of. Some HAs have become fucking stupid -- I agree. Others are quite reasonable and serve their purpose.

I love when people "demand" to be allowed to do something in the name of patriotism. What a great concept. If you contest them, you are not a patriot. You become a scumsucker that hates the US.

What a crock....
+1

I have a home owners association and I like it. Out of over 300 homes, I'm one of only about a dozen people who actually show up at the meetings. I go because I want to ensure that small minded neighborhood Nazis don't get control of it. My HOA has tried to be lenient on some things, but as soon as you allow one person to do their own thing with a flagpole, another thinks that justifies building a brick religious monument in their front yard. Literally, and it was a fricking shrine.

When I look at some of the neighboring subdivisions, I can see that they look like crap due to a weak HOA, or lack of rules. That impacts their appeal, and value. On the other hand, you can get an out of control HOA and I see the results of that as well. In this case, I don't think they were unreasonable. While they may not have specified flag poles, I'm sure their subdivision rules had a generic statement just like mine does and he decided it was a loop hole.

From what I read of the article, he can display the flag just like I can any day of the week. In my case it has to be on a bracket attached to my house. From the wording of the article I suspect that he has the same situation. Is that less 'American' or less 'Patriotic'? I don't think so.

I resent people making personal issues 'Patriotic' issues to win their way.

Our new posting rules