SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 19 January 2018, 08:32
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
I have the Krypteia Edition of the Ed Brown Special Forces. Its a nice pistol, accurate. I had an issue with the mag release sent it back and wasn't really pleased with the results.
Mags still not dropping free?
Old 19 January 2018, 12:13
The Sagacious One

They drop but I have to press the release further than the normal thumb / muscle memory, making it a deliberate motion and taking time. I think it sticks out further to account for rugged carry circumstances and the use of gloves when shooting. I may eventually change it out.
Old 19 January 2018, 12:19
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
They drop but I have to press the release further than the normal thumb / muscle memory, making it a deliberate motion and taking time. I think it sticks out further to account for rugged carry circumstances and the use of gloves when shooting. I may eventually change it out.
Is that happening with all the mags you're using (stock, WC, McCormick, etc.)?
Old 19 January 2018, 16:10
Bitter old man.

Quote:

Send it to Leopard he'll fix it for you.
Old 24 January 2018, 22:31
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
Is that happening with all the mags you're using (stock, WC, McCormick, etc.)?
Everyone of them. You can look down through the ejection port with the slide back and see the ledge sticks out further than my Exec Carry and Kobra Karry
Old 2 February 2018, 08:50
Bitter old man.

Pres.Trump's 1911, I told him to hit up Litepath for a chesty.

https://youtu.be/oPT7yu4WMU0
Old 2 February 2018, 09:19
Been There Done That

Be awesome if Pres. Trump wore a chest rig with a 1911 in it for the next SOTU speech.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2 February 2018, 10:41
BTDT

...he would probably be charged with accessory to murder !
Why?
Because the POTUS carrying a pistol into a government building would cause many of our older liberal representatives to have strokes and heart attacks. Just look at how bad Luis Gutierrez was triggered just from hearing people chant, "USA USA USA"
...openly carrying a semi-automatic pistol of the same design that has been used to murder innocent Soldiers from foreign countries for over a hundred years would surely cause many on the left to drop dead from the shock of such an overt social trigger

...but yes, it would certainly be awesome to see the POTUS packing heat during his next big speech !!!

I just worry the 9th Circuit would have charges filed on him by the end of the following news cycle.
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 2 February 2018, 12:56
Confirmed User

Anyone have opinions on Fusion Firearms' 1911s? I've got their Freedom series Reaction in 10mm and love it. Fit and finish is excellent and it just works. Every single time I pull the trigger it goes bang, just the way I like it.

My personal opinion is that it's a great entry level 1911 (sub $800) and they do offer a military discount. Just call and talk to Courtney. Their customer service was great and I'm happy with the gun itself.
Old 2 February 2018, 13:05
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChai View Post
Anyone have opinions on Fusion Firearms' 1911s? I've got their Freedom series Reaction in 10mm and love it. Fit and finish is excellent and it just works. Every single time I pull the trigger it goes bang, just the way I like it.

My personal opinion is that it's a great entry level 1911 (sub $800) and they do offer a military discount. Just call and talk to Courtney. Their customer service was great and I'm happy with the gun itself.
Yes, Robert Serva does a lot of their custom work and makes some very distinct pistols.
Old 2 February 2018, 13:31

Pretty poopy, gotta send my Dan Wesson in after the range today, it hasn't been chambering consistently for a while and I have tried all of the tricks I know. Did it twice in 25 rounds today at the range. Shame, because other than this, the gun is amazing. I have heard good things about Dan Wesson customer service though so hopefully they get my gun running smooth.
Old 2 February 2018, 13:48
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye175 View Post
it hasn't been chambering consistently for a while...other than this, the gun is amazing.
Hmm...I have different criteria for deciding whether or not a pistol is amazing, apparently.
Old 2 February 2018, 14:00
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
Hmm...I have different criteria for deciding whether or not a pistol is amazing, apparently.
As do I, try mixed ammo. That is how I test a weapon for reliability. If it isn't reliable who cares if it is accurate?

The GPC method, buy various brands of ammo. JHP, FMJ various grains. Leave two rounds in each box to identify problem ammo. Dump the rest into a storage bin. Mix it up good load mags and enjoy.
I would also advise trying various magazines.
Old 2 February 2018, 18:39
Shovel Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Be awesome if Pres. Trump wore a chest rig with a 1911 in it for the next SOTU speech.
We'd have to have some of that clear, see-thru holstex to do the outer layer with.
Then He could give one of those strong lead-in's announcing the restoration of the 2A, removing all encumbrances of the States.
(Teleprompter: Jut jaw out bigly now, and smile to the gallery)

Oh, a fait accompli!
Old 3 February 2018, 21:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
As do I, try mixed ammo. That is how I test a weapon for reliability. If it isn't reliable who cares if it is accurate?

The GPC method, buy various brands of ammo. JHP, FMJ various grains. Leave two rounds in each box to identify problem ammo. Dump the rest into a storage bin. Mix it up good load mags and enjoy.
I would also advise trying various magazines.
It has this problem when I rack it on a fresh mag too, so I don't think it is weak ammo or anything like that. I have tried half a dozen kinds of ammo thru it and it has always had this problem.
Old 3 February 2018, 22:36
Bitter old man.

Quote:
It has this problem when I rack it on a fresh mag too, so I don't think it is weak ammo or anything like that. I have tried half a dozen kinds of ammo thru it and it has always had this problem.
You have tried different magazines?
I suggest Wilson or Mec-Gar have had good luck with them. If you have tried different mags and ammo. Then send it back for sure.
You keep the chamber clean I ASSume?
Old 3 February 2018, 23:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
You have tried different magazines?
I suggest Wilson or Mec-Gar have had good luck with them. If you have tried different mags and ammo. Then send it back for sure.
You keep the chamber clean I ASSume?
Yeah I have tried a variety of mags including Wilsons and CMCs which are always highly recommended. I have run through every "easy solution" and it is still doing it. Yes, I clean all of my weapons exceedingly well, and before my last range trip I got it spotless and even removed the extractor and cleaned that and the extractor channel. Then lubed it up good and slick. Oh well, hopefully Dan Wesson can make it right.
Old 7 February 2018, 08:16
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Yeah I have tried a variety of mags including Wilsons and CMCs which are always highly recommended. I have run through every "easy solution" and it is still doing it. Yes, I clean all of my weapons exceedingly well, and before my last range trip I got it spotless and even removed the extractor and cleaned that and the extractor channel. Then lubed it up good and slick. Oh well, hopefully Dan Wesson can make it right.
Keep us posted, I'd be curious what the issue is.
Old 7 February 2018, 08:55
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChai View Post

You don't have to reload it? Is it one of those movie guns?

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 7 February 2018 at 09:13.
Old 7 February 2018, 09:07
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Pretty poopy, gotta send my Dan Wesson in after the range today, it hasn't been chambering consistently for a while and I have tried all of the tricks I know. Did it twice in 25 rounds today at the range. Shame, because other than this, the gun is amazing. I have heard good things about Dan Wesson customer service though so hopefully they get my gun running smooth.
I don't offer this to be critical, merely point out a phenomenon on the Internet when it comes to giving and getting advice on buying guns. Everyone likes to validate their purchase by saying their gun is the best or the one to buy etc. It may have been amazing until it caught whatever ailment it is currently suffering from. Just don't ever invite gavin to come make repairs as he is A, a medic and should not own weaponry and B, if he does not understand the functionality or other aspects of said weaponry (As in the superiority of the caliber you select), he will bury it in your yard somewhere, so there's that.

When you say all the tricks, what do you mean? Dan Wesson is not immune to faults in their craftsmanship. If your pistol is new, you must break it in. (do a search here, I have a patented break in methodology that is foolproof.) You just do. If your pistol worked after break in and is missing now, I would look at the recoil spring. I use wolfe springs cause I have a BUNCH of them, but the preferred new kid on the block seems to be the Wilson Flatwire Spring. If its the spring, replace them at about 1/2 to 2/3rds of the number of rounds you currently have through the pistol.

Our new posting rules